Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Vermont at Boston College Nov. 14th & 15th

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    The next day, two interesting items were revealed before the game. First, the puck indeed had crossed the goal line (though this writer’s eyes never saw it, I’m taking the word of a somewhat reliable source). Second was that BC’s instant replay system was not working properly.

Apparently, the video engineer working that game hadn’t properly marked the video tape to cue the segment of video that contained the controversial play . Thus, for 10 minutes, referee Keenan had just one angle to review — a center ice camera that gave him a worse angle than he had with the naked eye standing to the side of the net. He waited for the overhead view, the one not marked properly, but alas he couldn’t cue that camera.

Great replay system if you cant find a play after 10 minutes, heck you could have let the ref watch the whole period up to that point in the same amount of time.
    New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

Kind of funny this happened with these two teams.

BC had a clear goal called back a few years ago up in Hippieville.

With 4:04 to play, Pat Gannon took a shot from the left circle that Fallon got some of with his glove. The rebound popped into the air. Matt Lombardi, hacking down on the puck, tipped it behind Fallon.

Referee Scott Hansen, involved in his second controversy in as many games (Hansen drew the ire of Maine coach Tim Whitehead following the Black Bears’ loss to BU Saturday), ruled that the puck was propelled into the cage by a high stick.

York said he had filed a protest with the league in regard to how the call was decided. Hansen solicited the help of the goal judge in making the call. The call, said York, was not his to make.

“He just explained the rule � a high stick � [the puck] bounced off their player and went in,” said Sneddon of Hansen’s explanation.
      I guess what goes around comes around.
      Originally posted by reBlur
      the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

[
        First, the puck indeed had crossed the goal line (though this writer’s eyes never saw it, I’m taking the word of a somewhat reliable source).

I was sitting near the goal line on the same side of the ice as the play and I did not see it go in and I'm at least a "somewhat reliable source." Even the UVM players in front of the net weren't sure. They would have protested a heck of a lot more than they did if they were certain it was in the net. I suspect it was close and if I search hard enough I can find a "somewhat reliable source" to tell me whatever I want to hear.
        Last edited by jdevoejr; 11-20-2009, 07:10 AM.
        sigpicHalf of what he says goes way over my head. The other half goes way, way over my head."

Comment

Doesn't really matter, the call was made and that's that. UVM lost, and it happens, the reality is it probably would have changed the outcome, maybe, but doubtful.

Lets not turn this into a BU/UML type fight over a goal no goal call.

As for the review a few years ago with Fallon, the protest was solely due to the goal judge having input,

"York said he had filed a protest with the league in regard to how the call was decided. Hansen solicited the help of the goal judge in making the call. The call, said York, was not his to make."

And York lost the protest why...because Hansen made the call, he got input from the goal judge (who did not make the call) and then made his decision.
          Originally posted by Hokydad
          Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
            Doesn't really matter, the call was made and that's that. UVM lost, and it happens, the reality is it probably would have changed the outcome, maybe, but doubtful.

Lets not turn this into a BU/UML type fight over a goal no goal call.

As for the review a few years ago with Fallon, the protest was solely due to the goal judge having input,

"York said he had filed a protest with the league in regard to how the call was decided. Hansen solicited the help of the goal judge in making the call. The call, said York, was not his to make."

And York lost the protest why...because Hansen made the call, he got input from the goal judge (who did not make the call) and then made his decision.
            And Hansen, and his crew, got sent home after that game.
            Originally posted by mookie1995
            bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
            Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
            Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

As I recall, the replays clearly showed that no contact was made with the puck with that high stick. But who really knows (and it WAS a while ago)? It didn't keep BC from playing for the national title so things worked out well for BC. The high stick thing can't be protested as they see what they see and that's it. But the protocol issue of using the goal judge to determine a high stick was wrong and is protestable.

Also keep in mind the ridiculous issues with goal judges at Conte in the past few years. They don't show up. They have missed almost half a dozen obvious goals (including a Ferriero shot against UNH that went through the net like the UVM AFA goal). They don't know what the hell they're doing. Nothing in this league is reliable when it comes to getting stuff right (like, referees calling a penalty that doesn't even exist and changing it after the game in the official's room! )
              the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

it probably would have changed the outcome, maybe, but doubtful.
                lol
                Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                  lol
                  oops, should have stated probably wouldn't have , but maybe.

Comment

oops, should have stated probably wouldn't have , but maybe.
                    I think if you did something as simple as proofreading your posts, you would easily cut the amount of ridicule you get on this forum in half. Definitely, maybe, probably, not really, doubtful, definitely not.

Comment

I think if you did something as simple as not posting anymore, you would easily cut the amount of ridicule you get on this forum by 100%
                      FYP

Comment

I think if you did something as simple as proofreading your posts, you would easily cut the amount of ridicule you get on this forum in half. Definitely, maybe, probably, not really, doubtful, definitely not.
                        Why? It takes time to proofread and since I don't care what the rest of you think that would be time wasted. That's not really logical now is it?

Besides if your biggest concern or comment is over typos, grammar, and spelling then you need to stop correcting it, stop making a big deal out of it, and go get yourself a ****ing life.

Unless you are an elementary school teacher who teaches grammar, then it would be ok, otherwise you come off as an overly uptight loser that has nothing to do or say but spend their time worrying about apostrophes and comma's.
                        Last edited by jcarter7669; 11-20-2009, 12:54 PM.

Comment

typo's... apostrophes and comma's.
                          Really?

...Really?

Are you 12? This is Punctuation 101...

I'm going to give you a lesson... you don't put an apostrophe when you are making something plural.

You did two different things on the last two! That's... I'm not even mad, that's amazing.

For UVM's sake (see, that's possessive, so I put an apostrophe), I hope you didn't go (they're/there/their - which is correct?)

Comment

LOL. If it weren't so easy to dislike him I'd be feeling sorry for JCarter by now.
                            sigpicHalf of what he says goes way over my head. The other half goes way, way over my head."

Comment

Wow, you just got salted by Grant. Hang your head in shame sir.
                              BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
                              -
                              Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Really?
                                Yes

...Really?
                                Yes; what are ewe simple or, something'

Are you 12? This is Punctuation 101...
                                A bit of effert an you would know how old eye am; dont be so freakin' lazy

I'm going to give you a lesson... you don't put an apostrophe when you are making something plural.
                                What part of I don't give a **** did you not understand?

You did two different things on the last two! That's... I'm not even mad, that's amazing.
                                Well when all you have to do is correct spelling and grammar I suppose it doesn't take much to amaze you.

For UVM's sake (see, that's possessive, so I put an apostrophe), I hope you didn't go (they're/there/their - which is correct?)
                                Clearly for some unknown reason you refuse to acknowledge that I really could care less about what you think or whether or not my grammar is 100% correct. I think you can understand the message, of course, then again I told you I didn't care and yet here you are correcting grammar. You really are that stupid, or you really do not have anything better to do. I feel bad for you, it must be tough not to have any friends to hang out with, or anything better to do but sit around playing with your Star Wars figurines and typing on a hockey forum.

Comment

Working...
                                X