Vermont at Boston College Nov. 14th & 15th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Vermont at Boston College Nov. 14th & 15th

Todays Cats win ended not only Vermonts long drought at BC but ended the streak the home teams in this series had going, since 2005 the home teams were 11-0-2.

With all 4 league series splitting this weekend we appear to be in for a very exciting fight for home ice. Should be fun.
    New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

Originally posted by midge843 View Post
      I jumped off, but luckily I was on a bungee cord and came right back up
      I jumped too and should know better. I've been a passionate fan since the mid 80's, before many of the people that post on this board were even born. I've seen some ups and lots of downs. They showed some great resiliency today that will hopefully continue.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        four times since 74/75, three classes.

88 tourney (john leclair). 96&97 tourneys (97 final four) (st louis, perrin, tim thomas class). then last year.
        Is it possible there may have been one around 86 or 87? I seem to remember them getting beat by Bowling Green, 2 games on the road, in their first ever appearance.

Comment

Originally posted by UMLGoon View Post
          "idiot" or "genius?" the only reason arguing with us is a waste of time because we're always right.
          further reiterates the point that you're a complete and utter moron.

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
            Is it possible there may have been one around 86 or 87? I seem to remember them getting beat by Bowling Green, 2 games on the road, in their first ever appearance.

That was 1988.

Comment

Ugh, that was rough. The five minute major was just a killer. Killer. Not only did UVM score, but it took away from 5 minutes of comeback time; BC played pretty well and had several bids to score, they just couldn't sink it. It happens.

Muse got beat glove side high three times in this series, that has to be concerning given that it's been a trend for three years. But in every other aspect of the game I think Muse has been excellent. He made a few good stops in each game.
              BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
              -
              Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Originally posted by snwbrdr View Post

Comment for Patronick. UVM has been in the national tournament four or five times by my count since joining D1. 1986/198?/1996/1997/2009. Twice making it through to the final four.
                Comment for snwbrdr: That's all fine and dandy. If you had bothered to read what I was writing about, the question posed to me was, and this is a direct quote "But if you want to get stuck in the 90's, how did UML do in that decade?"

Thanks for paying attention to detail.
                Lowell Forever
                Forever Lowell

Comment

further reiterates the point that you're a complete and utter moron.
                  if you can find a post either here on on my blog from the last.. i dunno, let's say month, in which i have been demonstrably wrong, i would like you to find it for me

Comment

Looks like we didnt get killed today....season series win in fact....aaaanyway, good luck to BC the rest of the way!
                    Don't think I said BC would kill UVM again. I expected a much tighter game and that's what it was.

Comment

That bungle by Sneep was absolutely killer. BC was looking at a 5x3 in just a few seconds.

Consider this, if that play happened maybe 3 seconds later, Sneep coughs that puck up and the breakaway is thwarted by the BC player coming out of the box. It couldn't have happened at a better time for UVM.

I wasn't bothered by the 5 min major since they could have and should have killed it. Awful clear by Smith to allow that PPG during the 5 min major.

Large win for UVM because of the season series. Although I expect BC will be tying the season series for PWR purposes in the Garden in March.
                      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Nick, I differ a little bit on the impact of the 5 minute major penalty. If you remember Wey had just rocked Milo, who staggered off the ice, crowd cheering, and the momentum was clearly favoring BC at that time in a 2-1 hockey game. Moments later another big hit, I had bad angle so could not determine if it was from behind but that doesn't really matter as the call was made. 5 MINUTE MAJOR!

From there, momentum changes, BC goes on a long PK, which drains energy and detracts from the serious momentum that had been gained offensively. Of all people Milo comes back and bags in the game winner. BC regains momentum, gets some great chances, a goal, some strong saves, etc., game over.

I thought Sunday's game would be a battle and it was...hats off to Vermont for a very nice turnaround. BC played well enough to win but came up short but again gained some serious experience, which in my opinion cannot be underestimeted for this young group.

Comment

THIS IS WORSE THAN THAT FROG HAND BALL YESTERDAY!!!!! UVM WUS ROBBED OF A SEASON SWEEP!!!

"The play occurred past the midway point of the first period, with the game tied at one. Vermont’s Chris McCarthy swatted at a puck in front of BC netminder John Muse. It appeared Muse made a somewhat routine save but as he did, the goal light went on.

Keenean decided that he’d review the play. But after 10 minutes of Keenan appearing to look at the screen, Vermont was beginning to have déjà vu to last year’s NCAA regional, where a 12-minute review led to the Catamounts’ regional winning goal in overtime against Air Force.

This time, the decision wasn’t as pleasant as Keenan emerged after 10 minutes to make the “no-goal” signal. From there, BC exploded for the final six goals of the game in a 7-1 win.

The next day, two interesting items were revealed before the game. First, the puck indeed had crossed the goal line (though this writer’s eyes never saw it, I’m taking the word of a somewhat reliable source). Second was that BC’s instant replay system was not working properly.

Apparently, the video engineer working that game hadn’t properly marked the video tape to cue the segment of video that contained the controversial play . Thus, for 10 minutes, referee Keenan had just one angle to review — a center ice camera that gave him a worse angle than he had with the naked eye standing to the side of the net. He waited for the overhead view, the one not marked properly, but alas he couldn’t cue that camera.

The following night, BC officials ensured that the system had been fixed ..."
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

..pls don't torture 'em more than Papa Nick already has
                            GO NU HOCKEY
                            Always bullish on the future.
                            We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                              THIS IS WORSE THAN THAT FROG HAND BALL YESTERDAY!!!!! UVM WUS ROBBED OF A SEASON SWEEP!!!

"The play occurred past the midway point of the first period, with the game tied at one. Vermont’s Chris McCarthy swatted at a puck in front of BC netminder John Muse. It appeared Muse made a somewhat routine save but as he did, the goal light went on.

Keenean decided that he’d review the play. But after 10 minutes of Keenan appearing to look at the screen, Vermont was beginning to have déjà vu to last year’s NCAA regional, where a 12-minute review led to the Catamounts’ regional winning goal in overtime against Air Force.

This time, the decision wasn’t as pleasant as Keenan emerged after 10 minutes to make the “no-goal” signal. From there, BC exploded for the final six goals of the game in a 7-1 win.

The next day, two interesting items were revealed before the game. First, the puck indeed had crossed the goal line (though this writer’s eyes never saw it, I’m taking the word of a somewhat reliable source). Second was that BC’s instant replay system was not working properly.

Apparently, the video engineer working that game hadn’t properly marked the video tape to cue the segment of video that contained the controversial play . Thus, for 10 minutes, referee Keenan had just one angle to review — a center ice camera that gave him a worse angle than he had with the naked eye standing to the side of the net. He waited for the overhead view, the one not marked properly, but alas he couldn’t cue that camera.

The following night, BC officials ensured that the system had been fixed ..."
                              So the play stands. Whats yer point??
                              sigpicHalf of what he says goes way over my head. The other half goes way, way over my head."

Comment

we'll replay game 2 from the no goal call if we get to replay game 3 as well
                                “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                                Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                                Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                                National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Working...
                                X