Vermont at Boston College Nov. 14th & 15th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Vermont at Boston College Nov. 14th & 15th

Spectacular win. I really can't believe they won this game after last nights performance. I admit, I counted the cats out today before the puck even dropped. Shame on me.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
      Also, I think BC wins on aggregate by 4 or 5 in the series. But I wouldn't be surprised if Vermont tied or won a game, seeing as how their team is pretty good.
      Well, I was right. Wasn't exactly how we drew it up, I suppose. *****http://media.scout.com/media/forums/emoticons/noidea.gif******

Rough game for BC but there were lots of positives to take away from it. They set themselves up for a lot of chances and just couldn't cash in like yesterday. That was pretty much the story of the two games.

Great job by UVM, they especially did a much better job at keeping our speed from being as much of a factor.

jcarter is still an idiot, but good luck to UVM the rest of the way anyway!
      Last edited by TonyTheTiger20; 11-15-2009, 05:42 PM.
      Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
      Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
      Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        BTW, Vermont students...

When you're getting killed, take the "Superfans'" advice and sit down/shut up.

On another note, what has happened to the student section in the upper section? Does it still exist?
        Looks like we didnt get killed today....season series win in fact....aaaanyway, good luck to BC the rest of the way!

Comment

Nice to get a win at BC. First time in a while. Maybe we should raise a banner

BC is a very good team, I wouldn't be surprised to see them go deep in the NCAAs this year. A lot of talent on that team, the Whitney brothers are scary.

Comment

Originally posted by GuttCheck View Post
            Nice to get a win at BC. First time in a while. Maybe we should raise a banner

BC is a very good team, I wouldn't be surprised to see them go deep in the NCAAs this year. A lot of talent on that team, the Whitney brothers are scary.
            They will go deep in the NCAA's this year. As long as Muse gets rid of that gaping hole in his catching glove

Comment

Originally posted by GuttCheck View Post

Very true!

Charter Member of the Catamount Hockey Bandwagon! GO CATS GO!

Comment

Originally posted by midge843 View Post
                Spectacular win. I really can't believe they won this game after last nights performance. I admit, I counted the cats out today before the puck even dropped. Shame on me.
                Ditto on all thee points.

Comment

Very good game today.

Killers for BC...
                  1. coughing up the puck on the 5 on 3 PP for the VT breakaway SH goal to make it 2-1. Miller did a nice job of roofing that one and beating Muse.
                  2. Carey's 5 minute major, hit from behind. That was a real killer. BC had the momentum going big time and was wearing VT down. Giving up the subsequent PPG to make it 3-1 really hurt.

Pluses for VT...
                  1. Spillane - the kid did a heck of a job and stopped some very good BC chances.
                  2. VT capitalized on BC's mistakes (see above).

Weird play of the game... score 3-2, BC shoots, Spillane makes the save and the puck deflects straight up in the air, about 5 feet above Spillane's head. The puck comes down between Spillane and the goal line, bouncing. How the hell does that puck not go in the net?

Nice to see a few VT fans show up on this thread. Did the others really jump off the bridge last night?
                  'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                    Very good game today.

Killers for BC...
                    1. coughing up the puck on the 5 on 3 PP for the VT breakaway SH goal to make it 2-1. Miller did a nice job of roofing that one and beating Muse.
                    2. Carey's 5 minute major, hit from behind. That was a real killer. BC had the momentum going big time and was wearing VT down. Giving up the subsequent PPG to make it 3-1 really hurt.

Pluses for VT...
                    1. Spillane - the kid did a heck of a job and stopped some very good BC chances.
                    2. VT capitalized on BC's mistakes (see above).

Weird play of the game... score 3-2, BC shoots, Spillane makes the save and the puck deflects straight up in the air, about 5 feet above Spillane's head. The puck comes down between Spillane and the goal line, bouncing. How the hell does that puck not go in the net?

Nice to see a few VT fans show up on this thread. Did the others really jump off the bridge last night?

I jumped off, but luckily I was on a bungee cord and came right back up

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                      Very good game today.

Did the others really jump off the bridge last night?
                      The sound you heard was the bandwagon jumpers. Us die hard fans remember the lean years, and are loving being part of the good times!

Charter Member of the Catamount Hockey Bandwagon! GO CATS GO!

Comment

UVM fans are used to getting shellacked once in a while on the first game of a weekend series versus BU/BC/UNH and then coming back with a close win/loss or tie the next night. They have generally done that at least once a season since joining HE and going into the two game same team weekend rotation (that they did not have in EZAC). The exception was last year when they got shelled by BU at home on a Friday night and then went to BU and swept two a couple of weekends later.

maybe someone finally disconnected Jcarter's internet. Let us hope.

Good luck to BC the rest of the way. UVM would like a serious boost on the SOS from them.

Comment for Patronick. UVM has been in the national tournament four or five times by my count since joining D1. 1986/198?/1996/1997/2009. Twice making it through to the final four.

Comment

Originally posted by snwbrdr View Post
                          UVM fans are used to getting shellacked once in a while on the first game of a weekend series versus BU/BC/UNH and then coming back with a close win/loss or tie the next night. They have generally done that at least once a season since joining HE and going into the two game same team weekend rotation (that they did not have in EZAC). The exception was last year when they got shelled by BU at home on a Friday night and then went to BU and swept two a couple of weekends later.

maybe someone finally disconnected Jcarter's internet. Let us hope.

Good luck to BC the rest of the way. UVM would like a serious boost on the SOS from them.

Comment for Patronick. UVM has been in the national tournament four or five times by my count since joining D1. 1986/198?/1996/1997/2009. Twice making it through to the final four.

Patronick is an idiot. Dont waste your time with him (or UML-Goon for that matter)

Comment

I jumped off, but luckily I was on a bungee cord and came right back up
                            I didn't see you as jumping off last night, I saw you as a passionate fan that was p!$$ed off to no end that your team didn't play as well as you know they can. Nothing wrong with that. I've been there.

In fact it probably made you my favorite UVM poster from this week.
                            Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                            Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                            Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Patronick is an idiot. Dont waste your time with him (or UML-Goon for that matter)
                              "idiot" or "genius?" the only reason arguing with us is a waste of time because we're always right.

Comment

Originally posted by snwbrdr View Post
                                four times since 74/75, three classes.

88 tourney (john leclair). 96&97 tourneys (97 final four) (st louis, perrin, tim thomas class). then last year.
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X