Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Vermont at Boston College Nov. 14th & 15th

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    Just curious, who are you quoting here? You know there's a quote button right? That way we can all see what you're referring to.
    I realize you have some issues grasping the English language. Here is a web site where you can educate yourself.

http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/577/02/

Quotation Marks Beyond Quoting
    Quotation marks may additionally be used to indicate words used ironically or with some reservation.

The great march of "progress" has left millions impoverished and hungry.
    Fighting the good fight

Comment

Originally posted by UMLGoon View Post
      Spin Control, your newfound obsession with me is flattering and all but I'm not interested.
      My only "obsession" (happy now Tiger?) is with rebutting idiocy and unjustified arrogance, which makes you a prime target.
      Fighting the good fight

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
        oh snap, he just called you kudos*

(*grammar fail seems less cheeky, more likely)
        Snap?? Did you crow up in Compton in the 80's?
        Originally posted by Hokydad
        Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
          I would think that even a neanderthal like your typical catamount would be able to understand a simple, logical, and well reasoned argument about how vermont is the hockey equivalent of a bed wetter.. unless he's a real jerk or a crybaby, we would remain friends.
          The typical catamount would understand a logical argument, when you post one let us know.

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post

You might think it might be tiring being right all the time. No...not particularly.
            It is tiring, you would know that if you actually were right all the time. But then again if you were wrong all the time then you would be wrong about being right and then how would you know you weren't right? Because you would think you were right but you would be wrong. Then it wouldn't be your fault because you honestly believe you're right even though you're wrong. I guess we have to give you a pass then.

Comment

FYI, I was just looking at the video page on BC's website. It indicates that both UVM games this weekend will be "free events." So, if you can't be there, watch on your computer for free!

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                The typical catamount would understand a logical argument, when you post one let us know.
                Actually, the arguments have gone something like this.

1. UVM fans: ZOMG, we went to the FF, we're the greatest, you must respect us!!!!!!!!!
                2. Everyone in the world outside of Vermont: "Yea, but uh... UVM has never won anything ever and ... come on, you guys beat Yale and AF. Not exactly juggernauts."

3. UVM fans after wiping the drool from their chins: "But some of those kids are defending our country in a few years. So that means they are an awesome hockey team! So UVM's trip to the FF last year is validated... oh and we almost beat BU too!!!!"

OR

3. UVM fans after taking their hands out of their pants to type: "The kids on AF and Yale have accomplished more on the ice than you ever will. Therefore, they are awesome juggernauts at hockey and beating them is impressive. Oh, and did I mention that we also had a moral victory against BU in the semis!!!???"

Everyone in civilized society would consider step #3 to be either BAD LOGIC or NOT LOGICAL AT ALL.
                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by kdaddy View Post
                  So Tony you want to call me out and neg rep me for my reply...yet nothing on the one to which I responded....you have the UML guys over here taking pot shots on a thread which has nothing to do with them and letting posts like the one I replied to slide by...bunch of hypocritical *****es here..
                  His had to do with hockey. *****http://media.scout.com/media/forums/emoticons/noidea.gif***********http://media.scout.com/media/forums/emoticons/noidea.gif***********http://media.scout.com/media/forums/emoticons/noidea.gif******
                  Originally posted by SPIN CONTROL View Post
                  I realize you have some issues grasping the English language. Here is a web site where you can educate yourself.

http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/577/02/

Quotation Marks Beyond Quoting
                  Quotation marks may additionally be used to indicate words used ironically or with some reservation.
                  Obviously. My point was, with all due respect to UML fans, no one has (probably ever) referred to their history as "grand" or anything of the sort. Bit of a straw man you built up there.
                  Last edited by TonyTheTiger20; 11-12-2009, 09:19 AM.
                  Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                  Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                  Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Hey jcarter, do you still think York said Muse would be out until 2010 at the media day? I noticed you steered clear of my posts about that subject when you failed to produce any evidence of your ridiculous claim (shocking, I tell ya).
                    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Snap?? Did you crow up in Compton in the 80's?
                      *****http://blog.mrhacks.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/oh-snap-chart.jpg******

Wow, you sure told him. I'd back off, Steve, this guy's got more where that came from!
                      Last edited by TonyTheTiger20; 11-12-2009, 09:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                        Actually, the arguments have gone something like this.

1. UVM fans: ZOMG, we went to the FF, we're the greatest, you must respect us!!!!!!!!!
                        2. Everyone in the world outside of Vermont: "Yea, but uh... UVM has never won anything ever and ... come on, you guys beat Yale and AF. Not exactly juggernauts."

3. UVM fans after wiping the drool from their chins: "But some of those kids are defending our country in a few years. So that means they are an awesome hockey team! So UVM's trip to the FF last year is validated... oh and we almost beat BU too!!!!"

OR

3. UVM fans after taking their hands out of their pants to type: "The kids on AF and Yale have accomplished more on the ice than you ever will. Therefore, they are awesome juggernauts at hockey and beating them is impressive. Oh, and did I mention that we also had a moral victory against BU in the semis!!!???"

Everyone in civilized society would consider step #3 to be either BAD LOGIC or NOT LOGICAL AT ALL.

Dear Dick Papagiorgio,

You clearly have lost touch with reality, please seek help before you harm yourself or someone else. Your "logic" can be described as nothing less the delusion. Sometimes Dick what seems like reality isn't real, your mind loses touch with reality. This can be caused by traumatic events, maybe like being told you can't participate in an elephant walk because your physical makeup prevents such activities. Either way, sanity can be restored with intensive counseling, medication and if necessary shock therapy. Please do not attempt to treat yourself, seek professional help. Good luck son.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                          Hey jcarter, do you still think York said Muse would be out until 2010 at the media day? I noticed you steered clear of my posts about that subject when you failed to produce any evidence of your ridiculous claim (shocking, I tell ya).
                          I'm sure I could find it if I wanted to but really I don't care enough about it. Or course if you keep flapping your lips about it I may put the effort in just so I can show the forum what a putz you really are. But for now I still could give a rats arse about it. And for the record, I said end of the year beginning of next year. Yes that includes 2010 nimwit, but does not mean "until 2010" That would be making **** up. You may want to stop doing that, it just sets you back with your therapist.

Comment

This can be caused by traumatic events, maybe like being told you can't participate in an elephant walk because your physical makeup prevents such activities.
                            ...Wow.
                            Last edited by TonyTheTiger20; 11-12-2009, 09:44 AM.

Comment

I'm sure I could find it if I wanted to but really I don't care enough about it.
                              How old are you? 12?
                              Originally posted by mookie1995
                              bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                              Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                              Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

This clown makes Hokydad look intelligent.
                                Originally posted by mookie1995
                                bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                                Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                                Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Working...
                                X