Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vermont at Boston College Nov. 14th & 15th

Originally posted by Cat lover View Post
    The success of a college hockey program is not only based on how many NCAA championships you have.

So if BC doesnt win the NCAA's this year it means they "have done nothing"? So that means that last year BC did nothing according to your logic.
    I would add 'conference championships' into measuring how successful a team is. BC did nothing last year, that's correct. If BC doesn't win a conference or national championship this year, they will have 'done nothing,' that's also correct.

I'm confused. What is your argument? I'll take the bait - what measures success, in your mind? Moral victories? Did UVM lead the nation in most babies kissed last year?

If you don't win any hardware, what exactly is there to hang your hat on in measuring a season? BC isn't Merrimack or UVM. As the best college hockey program of the last decade, we have loftier goals than just making the national tournament or something.
    Last edited by TonyTheTiger20; 11-10-2009, 05:27 PM.
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Back to hockey anyone?

Comment

The success of a college hockey program is not only based on how many NCAA championships you have.
        Agreed, but you'd be hard pressed to find any measure of success by which UVM tops BC.... wins, conference titles, NCAA appearances, Frozen Four appearances, regular season titles...

That's not to say UVM doesn't have a very good team this year with the potential to go out and win the league, but it's fair to say that they haven't proven anything yet. I'm impressed by the Catamounts' split @ Denver and win over BC to start the year, but I'm not convinced that a postseason in which Vermont got swept by Lowell at home, then beat Yale and Air Force, suddenly ushers them into the upper echelon of NCAA hockey.
        BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
        -
        Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

So if BC doesnt win the NCAA's this year it means they "have done nothing"? So that means that last year BC did nothing according to your logic.
          regarding a single season, when you get down to the last couple games it's hit or miss. games that on paper you should win hands down (bc v. msu, for example) can shock the hell out of you. also the expectations that a team takes into a season help set the bar on what is considered a success or not. so you take degrees of success for a season. a better example is looking at a class, or running seasons.

after nate left early following the 07 title, i don't think anyone really thought they'd repeat. but another trip to the ncaa tournament was certainly expected. so last year was probably a "done nothing" season - absolutely.

no matter how you slice it though, over the past decade bc's program has been THE hands down most successful program in college hockey. 2 national championships. multiple trips to the frozen four. then enough conference accolades that they blend into the background and don't get their rightful notice.

(have to mention, great thread here )
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

true.. for instance, not having your season cancelled for wide scale sexual deviance is definitely a banner hanging event in burlington nowadays.
            “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
            Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
            Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
            National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
              BC's Grrrrrrreat! Now go eat your corn flakes and drink a little more Kool-aid. After you get your fat lazy arse out and pump your own gas. Or are you BC fans so pretentious that you can't get your wittle hands dirty.
              Cereal slogan fail.

Silly UVM fans, banners are for National Championship teams.
              time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
                Cereal slogan fail.

But they do get an "A for Effort" for ALMOST beating you guys in DC!
                BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
                -
                Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

..hey, they're not called University run yer mouth.. er Vermont for nothing..
                  ..i'm just high on Maple Syrup
                  GO NU HOCKEY
                  Always bullish on the future.
                  We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
                    But they do get an "A for Effort" for ALMOST beating you guys in DC!
                    maybe a banner for that too?
                    time to write new history

Comment

• Re: Vermont at Boston College Nov. 14th & 15th

I think we should give every team banners. It would really help everyone's morale and create a much more positive college hockey environment. In fact, I find it unfair that we can only crown one national champion every year. How great would it be if everyone could win a national championship every year? Then no team would ever feel inferior to any other team. Banners all around!
                      Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
                        That's not to say UVM doesn't have a very good team this year with the potential to go out and win the league
                        well...

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
                          Or any championship.
                          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                          Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                            I think we should give every team banners. It would really help everyone's morale and create a much more positive college hockey environment. In fact, I find it unfair that we can only crown one national champion every year. How great would it be if everyone could win a national championship every year? Then no team would ever feel inferior to any other team. Banners all around!
                            I demand Merrimack erect a banner for "Dirtiest Team in Collegiate History."
                            Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

PC's Mayor's Cup banners are at the dry cleaners, I'm sure.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                              -Blackadder
                              "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                              -Casablanca
                              "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                                PC's Mayor's Cup banners are at the dry cleaners, I'm sure.
                                you sir, have enough to worry about already!! (there is a college monopoly game being created that has union, aic, bobby mo, and the mack - with no, ah, umm. er)
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X