Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vermont at Boston College Nov. 14th & 15th

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Re: Vermont at Boston College Nov. 14th & 15th

    *****http://i108.***********.com/albums/n8/bgeist111/car_crash_0194.jpg******

    *****http://i108.***********.com/albums/n8/bgeist111/BuildingFireFraCo2oldRt16InPa101203.jpg******

    *****http://i108.***********.com/albums/n8/bgeist111/DSCN1496-2.jpg******
    Sioux Yeah Yeah

    Comment


    • #47
      Re: Vermont at Boston College Nov. 14th & 15th

      "but the atmosphere is great" = "She has a really great personality!"
      sigpicHalf of what he says goes way over my head. The other half goes way, way over my head."

      Comment


      • #48
        Re: Vermont at Boston College Nov. 14th & 15th

        Also, the atmosphere isn't that great... again, unless you really, really like the F bomb. Not nearly as good as Matthews or even Agganis. More like the Whit if the Whit was bombed out, dirty, and had horrible sightlines.
        BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
        -
        Boston College Class of 2010

        Comment


        • #49
          Re: Vermont at Boston College Nov. 14th & 15th

          Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
          When I applied to BC, I was at first a bit put off by the general feeling of arrogance and superiority I felt out of everyone on campus when I took a tour as a high school senior.

          After I matriculated (that means I decided to attend the school, UVM fans) I realized that there's a REASON for that arrogance and air of superiority... we ARE better than everyone else.
          Better than everyone? I got my physics degree at UVM and I'm going to Dartmouth for graduate school. You're better than no one. I'm probably smarter than you will ever be. And if you want to go into a petty vocabulary war that is superfluous and will establish the fact that you are, in fact, a moron, so be it. Words like "matriculation?" Come on, buddy. If you're going to use a word, at least use one that the average college graduate wouldn't know.
          Last edited by midge843; 11-10-2009, 02:49 AM.

          Comment


          • #50
            Re: Vermont at Boston College Nov. 14th & 15th

            Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
            5,976 fans per game last year... highest in Hockey East... just sayin'. Yes, we play in an oversized basketball arena. Yes, it sucks. But no, I don't think Vermont would bang out a 6,000 seat arena every game.
            I dont see why any HE league game between the Mass teams inst a sellout. When Vermont used to play Dartmouth each year we would have more fans than they did and thats about 90 minutes away. The two games I saw 2 years ago had attendance of 4200+ and 6700+ and there was not that many people there. At least our numbers are real and not bumped up by visiting fans.
            New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

            Comment


            • #51
              Re: Vermont at Boston College Nov. 14th & 15th

              Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
              Both teams have been somewhat wishy washy. BC did not look good at the Gutt, but had a nice win over ND. Both have lost to MC. BC had a good game against NU, UVM comes off of a tie and win this weekend to help heal the wounds of losses to ME and MC.

              For UVM's part Irwin has been putting up points the way most us UVM fans hoped he would after a dismal season last year. Milo came back this weekend to score 3 goals. And Spillane puts up a shutout in his first game of the season. The roster is pretty much complete for the first time this season.

              I think this one just comes down to which teams show up. Is it the BC team that lost at the Gutt or the one that just pounded NU. Is it the UVM team that shut out PC or the one that decided to watch from the penalty box as ME put 4 goals on them.

              I think split.
              BC will show up. In fact, they did in their first game of the season. It amazes me that only one VT fan saw it (VT_Catamounts26).

              Milo's return is a big plus for the Cats and adds a new wrinkle for BC to deal with. BC's speed will draw penalties. Have they learned how to put the puck in the net?

              I think both teams will show up for two great games. What teams wants it more?
              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

              Comment


              • #52
                Re: Vermont at Boston College Nov. 14th & 15th

                Originally posted by midge843 View Post
                Better than everyone? I got my physics degree at UVM and I'm going to Dartmouth for graduate school. You're better than no one. I'm probably smarter than you will ever be. And if you want to go into a petty vocabulary war that is superfluous and will establish the fact that you are, in fact, a moron, so be it. Words like "matriculation?" Come on, buddy. If you're going to use a word, at least use one that the average college graduate wouldn't know.
                *****http://www.bbea.ws/WHOOSH2.gif******
                BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
                -
                Boston College Class of 2010

                Comment


                • #53
                  Re: Vermont at Boston College Nov. 14th & 15th

                  Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                  BC will show up. In fact, they did in their first game of the season. It amazes me that only one VT fan saw it (VT_Catamounts26).

                  Milo's return is a big plus for the Cats and adds a new wrinkle for BC to deal with. BC's speed will draw penalties. Have they learned how to put the puck in the net?

                  I think both teams will show up for two great games. What teams wants it more?
                  I really thought the first game was well-played on both sides and evenly matched.

                  BC missed a few really good chances in the second period - Kreider ringing a crossbar stands out in my mind - and Madore made a few nasty glove saves.

                  Where Vermont really had the edge was in the physical game, and that became evident as time wound down in the third period and UVM was still skating strong while the Eagles seemed to wear down.

                  Another big difference in the game was special teams; I think BC went 0-for-9 on the PP. Since then, in what can only be described as a miracle, BC's power play has emerged from a long, long slumber. Last weekend, BC had 5 PPGs.

                  What dropped off for UVM from the BC game to the Maine and Merrimack games? Or was it just bad luck? After that game I was convinced Vermont was #1 or #2 in Hockey East. I still think they'll be up there at the end of the year, but I was awfully surprised to see those results.
                  BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
                  -
                  Boston College Class of 2010

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Re: Vermont at Boston College Nov. 14th & 15th

                    Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
                    Since then, in what can only be described as a miracle, BC's power play has emerged from a long, long slumber.
                    Not a miracle. I've been saying it for years. SHOOT the one-timers. Cross, Sneep, BOOM goals... they almost never shoot and hesitate when they do and smack it right into the PKers. Quick shots from the point solve everything for this team and will open up the half-wall as well as teams show more respect to the shooting Dmen like Cross and Sneep.

                    For the record, I think it will be BC and UML 1, 2 in hockey east when it's all done.

                    The worrisome part about this weekend is that UVM matches up very well with BC. BC just doesn't always do well against these types of teams. I still think BC will sweep.
                    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Re: Vermont at Boston College Nov. 14th & 15th

                      Originally posted by midge843 View Post
                      Better than everyone? I got my physics degree at UVM and I'm going to Dartmouth for graduate school. You're better than no one. I'm probably smarter than you will ever be. And if you want to go into a petty vocabulary war that is superfluous and will establish the fact that you are, in fact, a moron, so be it. Words like "matriculation?" Come on, buddy. If you're going to use a word, at least use one that the average college graduate wouldn't know.
                      *****http://i36.tinypic.com/2hz7jh3.jpg******
                      Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                      Senior Writer & Women's Hockey Editor, BC Interruption
                      Twitter: @Salzano14


                      Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Re: Vermont at Boston College Nov. 14th & 15th

                        Originally posted by Cat lover View Post
                        I would think we might see both goalies this weekend, Madore first then Spilliane.

                        Not sure how hurt Cullity is, but the 4 letter word that came out of his mouth on the way to the locker room after he left the ice and the way he was holding his arm makes we wonder. I would think we will see the same 4 lines with Lawson taking Cullity's spot if he is out. Maybe Atkinson or Higgins for one game but not sure who would sit maybe someone off the 3rd line.
                        I'm not sure Cullity being out is a bad thing. Its at least 2 less power plays for BC. Franzon is capable and the depth is there.


                        BCWH Superfan joe, an initial study into building a new 50 million arena is in the works and would likely have been done at this point if the economy hadn't gone kaput. It has since been put on the back burner for now.

                        As for attendence, the Gutt stands at 4003 which is sold out every game, except for that game the scheduled at 4pm on superbowl sunday 2 years ago. Not sure whose brainchild that was, but regardless, there are near 1000 people on the wait list, so you could easily have over 5000 seats everysingle game. If not 5500-6000 / game.
                        Originally posted by Hokydad
                        Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Re: Vermont at Boston College Nov. 14th & 15th

                          Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                          I'm not sure Cullity being out is a bad thing. Its at least 2 less power plays for BC. Franzon is capable and the depth is there.


                          BCWH Superfan joe, an initial study into building a new 50 million arena is in the works and would likely have been done at this point if the economy hadn't gone kaput. It has since been put on the back burner for now.

                          As for attendence, the Gutt stands at 4003 which is sold out every game, except for that game the scheduled at 4pm on superbowl sunday 2 years ago. Not sure whose brainchild that was, but regardless, there are near 1000 people on the wait list, so you could easily have over 5000 seats everysingle game. If not 5500-6000 / game.
                          Don't you think that if the biggest event in the area is a hockey game, it will tend to sell out?
                          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                          Senior Writer & Women's Hockey Editor, BC Interruption
                          Twitter: @Salzano14


                          Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Re: Vermont at Boston College Nov. 14th & 15th

                            Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post

                            For the record, I think it will be BC and UML 1, 2 in hockey east when it's all done.
                            Agreed, in reverse, with Vermont in 3rd. That's my story for now, and I'm sticking to it. Although really, who knows this year.

                            The worrisome part about this weekend is that UVM matches up very well with BC. BC just doesn't always do well against these types of teams. I still think BC will sweep.
                            Yeah, we've seen BC struggle against Vermont the last few years, as well as UMass and other teams that have been built off of defense and physicality.

                            It's really interesting how BC always seems to do better against the supposedly superior WCHA teams because it turns into a track meet.

                            One of the many differences between last year's BC team and 2008's was the lack of guys like Gannon, Greene, and Bertram who could do the dirty work and eke out league games for you.
                            BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
                            -
                            Boston College Class of 2010

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Re: Vermont at Boston College Nov. 14th & 15th

                              Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                              Don't you think that if the biggest event in the area is a hockey game, it will tend to sell out?
                              So what are you saying, that the BU games are bigger events and so they pull more fans?
                              Originally posted by Hokydad
                              Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Re: Vermont at Boston College Nov. 14th & 15th

                                Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                                So what are you saying, that the BU games are bigger events and so they pull more fans?
                                Is this a trick question? Of course the bu games are bigger than the other games.
                                Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                                Senior Writer & Women's Hockey Editor, BC Interruption
                                Twitter: @Salzano14


                                Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X