Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vermont at Boston College Nov. 14th & 15th

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Vermont at Boston College Nov. 14th & 15th

    Should be an interesting weekend. After getting their azzes whooped at VT in October, do the Eagles stand a chance?

    Some thoughts from Vermont...
    "if BC is a contender at the end of the season, Jerry York will be the Coach of the Year."
    "After watching last night's game, I think UVM is capable of going down to Boston in November and taking 3 or 4 points from this BC team."
    "BC will get great coaching, to be sure, but they looked mighty soft to me last night."
    "I am saying the BC freshman look soft. And by freshmen, I include J. Whitney, B. Almeida and J. Hayes. BC looked very soft. I thought the BC team looked soft last night."
    "We'll see what Coach York has to work with this season. I, for one, wasn't impressed with much about BC last night."


    This Boston College hockey team, no doubt, should just feel honored to have the opportunity to share the same ice with the University of Vermont Catamounts this weekend.

    Thoughts?
    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

  • #2
    Re: Vermont at Boston College Nov. 14th & 15th

    Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
    Should be an interesting weekend. After getting their azzes whooped at VT in October, do the Eagles stand a chance?

    Some thoughts from Vermont...
    "if BC is a contender at the end of the season, Jerry York will be the Coach of the Year."
    "After watching last night's game, I think UVM is capable of going down to Boston in November and taking 3 or 4 points from this BC team."
    "BC will get great coaching, to be sure, but they looked mighty soft to me last night."
    "I am saying the BC freshman look soft. And by freshmen, I include J. Whitney, B. Almeida and J. Hayes. BC looked very soft. I thought the BC team looked soft last night."
    "We'll see what Coach York has to work with this season. I, for one, wasn't impressed with much about BC last night."


    This Boston College hockey team, no doubt, should just feel honored to have the opportunity to share the same ice with the University of Vermont Catamounts this weekend.

    Thoughts?
    LOL

    why is joe whitney a freshman? I wont even ask about almeida or hayes
    “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

    Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

    Originally posted by shrader
    Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
    Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
    National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Vermont at Boston College Nov. 14th & 15th

      Originally posted by SteveF View Post
      LOL

      why is joe whitney a freshman? I wont even ask about almeida or hayes
      I have no idea. Those are quotes from the VT thread after the Oct. game.
      'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Vermont at Boston College Nov. 14th & 15th

        Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
        Should be an interesting weekend. After getting their azzes whooped at VT in October, do the Eagles stand a chance?

        Some thoughts from Vermont...
        "if BC is a contender at the end of the season, Jerry York will be the Coach of the Year."
        "After watching last night's game, I think UVM is capable of going down to Boston in November and taking 3 or 4 points from this BC team."
        "BC will get great coaching, to be sure, but they looked mighty soft to me last night."
        "I am saying the BC freshman look soft. And by freshmen, I include J. Whitney, B. Almeida and J. Hayes. BC looked very soft. I thought the BC team looked soft last night."
        "We'll see what Coach York has to work with this season. I, for one, wasn't impressed with much about BC last night."


        This Boston College hockey team, no doubt, should just feel honored to have the opportunity to share the same ice with the University of Vermont Catamounts this weekend.

        Thoughts?
        This is the same attitute that the rest of us in HE/ECAC had to take from the old BIG 4 for years so what goes around....
        New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Vermont at Boston College Nov. 14th & 15th

          Which Big 4? You mean the one with multiple national championships and conference championships? Methinks those programs have a little bit more to yap about.

          Although, I was impressed by the fact that Vermont raised both a 2009 Frozen Four banner AND a 2009 East Regional Champions banner; glad to see someone at UVM went to the UNH School of Excessive Banners.

          On a related note, I'm excited that there may be a flame-war between BC and a school that's not BU or UNH. This could be historic.
          BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
          -
          Boston College Class of 2010

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Vermont at Boston College Nov. 14th & 15th

            Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
            Which Big 4? You mean the one with multiple national championships and conference championships? Methinks those programs have a little bit more to yap about.

            Interesting thing about championships, as soon as you start the next season they mean very little outside of the fact that you DID have a good team.

            That said, this should be a good weekend matchup. Both teams have been somewhat wishy washy. BC did not look good at the Gutt, but had a nice win over ND. Both have lost to MC. BC had a good game against NU, UVM comes off of a tie and win this weekend to help heal the wounds of losses to ME and MC.

            For UVM's part Irwin has been putting up points the way most us UVM fans hoped he would after a dismal season last year. Milo came back this weekend to score 3 goals. And Spillane puts up a shutout in his first game of the season. The roster is pretty much complete for the first time this season.

            I think this one just comes down to which teams show up. Is it the BC team that lost at the Gutt or the one that just pounded NU. Is it the UVM team that shut out PC or the one that decided to watch from the penalty box as ME put 4 goals on them.

            I think split.
            Originally posted by Hokydad
            Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Vermont at Boston College Nov. 14th & 15th

              BC sweeps the weekend.
              Originally posted by mookie1995
              bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
              Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

              Originally Posted by Dirty
              Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Vermont at Boston College Nov. 14th & 15th

                I really like what I see on this team despite the youth across the lineup. Some very talented players. Gibbons and Atkinson are ridiculous right now. If they keep applying lessons learned (60 minutes without a 3rd period meltdown, shoot from the point!) then these guys will be in great shape.

                I rarely do it, but I see a BC sweep over a good but not great UVM team. If BC can do that, I think they'll be getting a lot of attention again (which probably is not a good thing for the freshmen but this is BC after all and they need to learn to play with that type of attention).

                jcarter and grantfan will hopefully go back to Vermont on Sunday leaving a trail of elephant tears and pointing to their regional title banner. The booster bus from UVM will replay their rousing victories over Air Force and Yale to keep them from having a breakdown on the ride back. Grantfan yells, "serenity now!"
                Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 11-09-2009, 10:03 AM.
                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Vermont at Boston College Nov. 14th & 15th

                  Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                  I really like what I see on this team despite the youth across the lineup. Some very talented players. Gibbons and Atkinson are ridiculous right now. If they keep applying lessons learned (60 minutes without a 3rd period meltdown, shoot from the point!) then these guys will be in great shape.

                  I rarely do it, but I see a BC sweep over a good but not great UVM team. If BC can do that, I think they'll be getting a lot of attention again (which probably is not a good thing for the freshmen but this is BC after all and they need to learn to play with that type of attention).

                  jcarter and grantfan will hopefully go back to Vermont on Sunday leaving a trail of elephant tears and pointing to their regional title banner. The booster bus from UVM will replay their rousing victories over Air Force and Yale to keep them from having a breakdown on the ride back. Grantfan yells, "serenity now!"
                  Your 1st two paragraphs are great--no problem with anything you said, although I don't see BC sweeping.

                  The last paragraph is just plain stupid. It's the kind of stuff that makes reading this board so wearisome at times. Give it a rest.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Vermont at Boston College Nov. 14th & 15th

                    Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
                    Your 1st two paragraphs are great--no problem with anything you said, although I don't see BC sweeping.

                    The last paragraph is just plain stupid. It's the kind of stuff that makes reading this board so wearisome at times. Give it a rest.
                    Its okay Nick had a traumatic event in his childhood. He so wanted to be a part of the elephant walk and they wouldn't let him participate. He tries and tries to get his friends to participate in one, but alas even in Mass he can't find friends to go along with it. As such he has just developed this snobbery about things and any team with out the storied history of BC hockey just should not even bother playing. Especially a UVM team that said he wasn't good enough for the elephant walk, well they don't even deserve to be on the ice as the great BC eagles.

                    Disclaimer : All of the events listed above is speculation with no facts, only a mountain of circumstantial evidence.

                    For the record Nick , I agree Atkinson seems to be rediculous right now.
                    Originally posted by Hokydad
                    Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Vermont at Boston College Nov. 14th & 15th

                      I nominate grantfan for USCHO Fan Forum Hall of Fame (and the UM-L Hall, too), for his inspiration for the great - and I mean that sincerely - Jerry York's motivational material for the coming week. Grantfan must be honored to be quoted by respected members of the USCHO Fan Forum almost a month after he made those insightful comments. Grantfan should feel respected as a contributor whose comments are widely read, noted and quoted and then used by great coaches to motivate their teams.

                      I always learn something from grantfan's posts and I hold them in very high regard, but to see others quote them at the very start of what might be a most heated week of fan discussion, well, grantfan should be honored.

                      Therefore, I nominate grantfan for the USCHO Fan Forum Hall of Fame. Dick Papagiorgio, do you second?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Vermont at Boston College Nov. 14th & 15th

                        playing vermont is very low-risk/low-reward. first, they bring their hillbilly fans and deviant players down to muck up our rink and desecrate our locker rooms. and second, after you win, people look at you like you're the prettiest leaf on the ugly tree.

                        the minor upside is that, even in the event of an improbable win by the elephant walkers, their season will probably be cancelled later on down the line and all the results will be reversed.

                        i would hate having to wait for that though.
                        “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

                        Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

                        Originally posted by shrader
                        Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                        Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                        National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Vermont at Boston College Nov. 14th & 15th

                          I'm glad that a bunch of UVM fans will be making the trip down. Admittedly, our student fanbase is horrible and not one to be emulated, but perhaps visiting UVM students will learn the surprising truth that there's such a thing as chants without the F word in them.
                          BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
                          -
                          Boston College Class of 2010

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Vermont at Boston College Nov. 14th & 15th

                            They can say whatever they want as long as they keep their hands to themselves (and the UVM players too!).
                            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Vermont at Boston College Nov. 14th & 15th

                              I love how once again people have to resort to saying things like "hillbilly fans" and "desecrate our locker room." Desecrate is probably the largest word in your vocabulary. Are you using your BC (Bull Crap) degree well? You pretentious BC fans make me sick. Stop the hating. It just makes you look even more idiotic.
                              Last edited by midge843; 11-09-2009, 01:18 PM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X