Frozen 4 Priority Number Confirmation email

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Frozen 4 Priority Number Confirmation email

IIRC there is a pretty steep slope for the balcony so it puts the seats closer. Also, you enter from the top, at least on the end I was in.

There is also a great bar area in the balcony which unfortunately will be of no use.
    Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

Originally posted by BU2K View Post
      IIRC there is a pretty steep slope for the balcony so it puts the seats closer...
      Certainly that's a plus. If you think back to the previous generation of arenas, many had a rounder design. Think St. Paul Civic Center, MSG, etc. Those buildings tended to have a more gentle slope in the upper bowl. While the acoustics were usually favorable, the top rows were so far back they felt like they were in a different zip code.

The newer designs have, for the most part, addressed that problem. But for better or worse, the upper bowl is now usually the 4th Level. Levels 2 & 3 are reserved for luxury boxes and club seating. Steeper slope isn't usually enough to compensate for that loss of position, at least in the highest rows. That's not to say that there are no good vantage points in the top level. There are. But look how our lottery is playing out. The lower bowl options -- even though all behind the endlines -- were almost gone before the upper bowl started getting serious attention. To me, that speaks volumes.

Comment

Last row in the side sections up top is Q.

My first lottery win was buffalo. I got 4 seats in the top section, right of the goal, last row
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Row Q=Row 17.

Meaning that at Row 8, you're right in the middle of your section. That can work. Row 12 is starting to get uncomfortably close to the top/back. This provides further support for your decision, IMHO.

Are we splitting hairs when comparing the two possible locations? Yeah, probably. Still, there's no reason not to get the best seats you can.

Comment

My email was in my spam folder. Priority 1 will get to buy on Monday. Not sure if I'm going to buy or just wait until the premium seats are released.

Comment

Sorry forgot to post our results…we are priority 6…..purchased within minutes of the priority 6 window opening…..we are section 211, 2nd row, 3 seats…. happy to be behind the goal and not too high up.

Comment

Priority 2
                Section 206 Row J

I just bought the one seat but there were several seats in the row(s) behind me if I wanted to purchase more than a single. I hit best available after confirming that there were no singles left in the lower arena.

Comment

Priority 2
                  Section 205 Row H

Pretty much same as this year's seats in St. Paul
                  Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Just logged in as a Priority 1. Only seats at the top of 207-217 and 222-234 are available. I just love that those nosebleeds are the same price as front row seats. I'll pass and either go the luxury suite option or buy tickets on the secondary market.

Comment

Priority 1... I back up Priceless. There are a few sections you can grab 3rd row seats in the 200 section but I will wait and try to get in that luxury suite with Priceless! Great time last year.

Comment

For all its worth, the NC$$ "ticket packages" are now available. Seats between the blue lines (section 103 row K) start at $720, but that includes the ever so valuable in venue FAN Hospitality with its cash bar. Cheapest seats are $517.50, sections 201/201 row B. Top price is section 111, row A at $1350 per seat. Have your ticket but want the "Official NCAA Mens Frozen Four ELITE Hospitality located in the Lexus Club"? Add $225 per ticket for both days or $135 per day.

Or you can always wait for the secondary market to mature.

Comment

Originally posted by COHockey View Post
                          For all its worth, the NC$$ "ticket packages" are now available. Seats between the blue lines (section 103 row K) start at $720, but that includes the ever so valuable in venue FAN Hospitality with its cash bar. Cheapest seats are $517.50, sections 201/201 row B. Top price is section 111, row A at $1350 per seat. Have your ticket but want the "Official NCAA Mens Frozen Four ELITE Hospitality located in the Lexus Club"? Add $225 per ticket for both days or $135 per day.

Or you can always wait for the secondary market to mature.
                          The luxury suites should be available straight from the CEC, they just have to determine pricing. I'm guessing based on the popularity of the tickets in the priority system (and the fact that the NHL is still locked out) that tickets are going to be in the stratosphere. I still think it is worth it to wait and see.

Comment

Who is interested in going in for a suite at the Super Bowl in New Orleans? A true bargain!

Features include:

Best sight line in the Stadium
                            Sleek, furnished lounge area located behind the seating
                            Flat Screen TVs
                            Complimentary Parking Passes
                            Hospitality Passes
                            Extensive menu options
                            Lockable storage for valuables
                            Refrigerator and Ice Maker

Only $14000 per person!

Seriously though, I'm still waiting to hear from the Consol Energy Center on suites for the Frozen Four. Now that it's pretty sure the NHL lockout will last the season I expect prices to be finalized soon (if they haven't already) but probably will not be released until the new year.

Comment

Update: Premium seats will not be made available to the general public. What I was told is that they will be wait list only. My guess is that they are being offered to corporate partners, Penguins season ticket holders and the like, then whatever inventory is left will be made available to those on the waiting list. Since I inquired about premium seats way back in April, I expect I am near the top of that list. Considering the sheer volume of seats/suites/boxes it's hard to believe they will sell them all, even in a hockey-starved community like Pittsburgh.

Comment

Working...
                              X