Announced: UConn to Hockey East

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Announced: UConn to Hockey East

Seriously, what was Bertagna thinking? This UConn team isn't going to win a game for a long time in hockey east.

Just a stupid decision.
    BC Eagles Hockey East Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
    National Championships: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
    Beanpot Champions: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2004, 2001, 1994, 1983, 1976, 1965, 1964, 1963, 1961, 1959, 1957, 1956, 1954

Bentley Falcons Hockey

Comment

Sure they will - there's still UVM and TIMMAY'S Timid Bears.
      bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
      SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
      All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
      A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

No, you don't understand. UConn takes Timmay sucking to a whole other level.
        BC Eagles Hockey East Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
        National Championships: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
        Beanpot Champions: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2004, 2001, 1994, 1983, 1976, 1965, 1964, 1963, 1961, 1959, 1957, 1956, 1954

Bentley Falcons Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglefan06 View Post
          Seriously, what was Bertagna thinking? This UConn team isn't going to win a game for a long time in hockey east.

Just a stupid decision.
          More stupid than Merrimack or Amherst? UConn's got at least a free decade of suckitude based on that precedent.
          UConn -- Clarkson

Comment

Originally posted by kingdobbs View Post
            More stupid than Merrimack or Amherst? UConn's got at least a free decade of suckitude based on that precedent.
            UConn is light years behind UMass and Merrimack. What makes you think that will change?
            Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
              UConn is light years behind UMass and Merrimack. What makes you think that will change?
              Duh, women's basketball! Don't you get it?!!?!?!
              Originally posted by reBlur
              the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                Duh, women's basketball! Don't you get it?!!?!?!
                Is Tennessee coming with them?

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                -Blackadder
                "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                -Casablanca
                "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

I'm not exactly sure who this person is that was comparing each program at their current state to whom you've chosen to address this comment, but it wasn't me.
                  UConn -- Clarkson

Comment

Eaglefan06 said:
                    Originally posted by Eaglefan06 View Post
                    Just a stupid decision.
                    You asked:
                    Onion Man responded and asked:
                    So how are you lost?
                    I'm not exactly sure who this person is that was comparing each program at their current state to whom you've chosen to address this comment, but it wasn't me.
                    He was clearly responding to your comment that UConn should get a decade, by pointing out what we can all agree on and then asking you a valid question. So, to repeat the question, What makes you think that will change?
                    bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                    SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                    All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                    A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

You said Merrimack and Amherst were "stupid" for Hockey East, but UConn isn't? Please explain. Hockey East is the "adults table" of Eastern Collegiate hockey. They should have done a tour of duty in the ECAC like UVM did before moving up. For some reason there's an arrogance that surrounds the UConn athletics department that they deserve to play in the highest conferences in sports. What exactly is the genesis of this? They are URI with a dirty basketball program.
                      Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Hehehe. What brought this up? This thread must have been four or five pages back.
                        Last edited by RSTuthill; 11-03-2012, 10:03 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by RSTuthill View Post
                          Hehehe. What brought this up? This thread must have been four or five pages back.
                          Welcome to Hockey East!

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                          -Blackadder
                          "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                          -Casablanca
                          "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                          -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                            Welcome to Hockey East!
                            Thanks, Jon. This will take some getting used to. Glad we have a couple years to ease into it.

Comment

Working...
                            X