Your program's Mount Rushmore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Your program's Mount Rushmore

One last one for SLU: Terry Slater 167 points in just 3 years. My father would lose it if he wasn't at least listed in the SLU greatest list.
    Mr. Hoot Owl says, "Scary isn't it ?!? You never know!!!"

Comment

In conjunction with this thread, I have created polls where you can select which program you follow. This will be used when doing the voting for each program's Mount Rushmore.

For example, I follow North Dakota. In the poll to select which 4 people will represent North Dakota, my vote will be given more weight than a Minnesota fan's vote. Likewise, if I vote in the Minnesota poll, my vote will not count as much as that Minnesota fan's vote. This will allow anyone to vote in any of the polls, but will also give more weight to the fans of that specific program.

You can "sign up" to follow more than 1 team, but then your vote's weight will be divided by the number of programs that you follow.

The polls for which program you follow will be open for the next 31 days, and are located in the polls section of the Men's D-1 thread.

EDIT: Here are the links to the three polls (can't do 1 poll with all 59 programs)

Poll #1 - Air Force - Denver
      http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...r-Force-Denver

Poll #2 - Ferris State - North Dakota
      http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...e-North-Dakota

Poll #3 - Northeastern - Yale
      http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...theastern-Yale
      Last edited by Fighting Sioux 23; 06-19-2012, 11:49 AM.
      North Dakota
      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Maine additions:

Chris Imes
        Bob Corkum
        Jimmy Howard
        Last edited by Neegs; 06-19-2012, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Two final additions for Clarkson:

Wally Easton (2-time All-America goalie in late 1920s) and Bill Munro (3.53 points per game)

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
            In conjunction with this thread, I have created polls where you can select which program you follow. This will be used when doing the voting for each program's Mount Rushmore.

For example, I follow North Dakota. In the poll to select which 4 people will represent North Dakota, my vote will be given more weight than a Minnesota fan's vote. Likewise, if I vote in the Minnesota poll, my vote will not count as much as that Minnesota fan's vote. This will allow anyone to vote in any of the polls, but will also give more weight to the fans of that specific program.

You can "sign up" to follow more than 1 team, but then your vote's weight will be divided by the number of programs that you follow.

The polls for which program you follow will be open for the next 31 days, and are located in the polls section of the Men's D-1 thread.

EDIT: Here are the links to the three polls (can't do 1 poll with all 59 programs)

Poll #1 - Air Force - Denver
            http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...r-Force-Denver

Poll #2 - Ferris State - North Dakota
            http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...e-North-Dakota

Poll #3 - Northeastern - Yale
            http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...theastern-Yale
            Once again, another awesome idea and fun exercise to pass the offseason.

Thanks for all the hard work on this FS23!
            @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
            On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
            High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

To get Clarkson to 19 I would add Bruce Bullock and Steve Warr
              Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
              And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
              WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
              If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                In the poll to select which 4 people will represent [each school]

Okay, so Mt. Rushmore has 4, and at the same time, maybe you want to entertain an optional 5th slot under certain circumstances?

In some cases you are combining administrators and donors with coaches and players. Maybe have 4 votes solely for the coaches and players, and an optional fifth that only applies in some cases to administrators and donors ?

In other words, in some cases, you are picking the top 4 in the program's history, while in other cases, there would not even be a program at all if it were not for one outstanding individual. Why conflate the two? have the vote be for the top 4 in program history while having a 5th spot only for those programs that needed someone to start /revive them?

For example, even though Penn State doesn't have a team yet, they already have one person on their Mt.Rushmore, Terry Pegula.

Basically, what I am trying to suggest is that the vote for 4 be for the top 4 in program history, once the program has started (or been revived), with a special additional place for people like Terry Pegula or RPI President Houston, who brought the program back yet wasn't much of a figure in program history after that one essential initial step.
                "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                  Okay, so Mt. Rushmore has 4, and at the same time, maybe you want to entertain an optional 5th slot under certain circumstances?

In some cases you are combining administrators and donors with coaches and players. Maybe have 4 votes solely for the coaches and players, and an optional fifth that only applies in some cases to administrators and donors ?

In other words, in some cases, you are picking the top 4 in the program's history, while in other cases, there would not even be a program at all if it were not for one outstanding individual. Why conflate the two? have the vote be for the top 4 in program history while having a 5th spot only for those programs that needed someone to start /revive them?

For example, even though Penn State doesn't have a team yet, they already have one person on their Mt.Rushmore, Terry Pegula.

Basically, what I am trying to suggest is that the vote for 4 be for the top 4 in program history, once the program has started (or been revived), with a special additional place for people like Terry Pegula or RPI President Houston, who brought the program back yet wasn't much of a figure in program history after that one essential initial step.
                  I think the fun thing is that everyone will have their own criteria for how they select their 4. Ultimately, we'll see how everything shakes out, but I don't think I would select 5 for a Mount Rushmore.
                  North Dakota

Comment

If we're going to include donors, Harold Alfond could go on Maine's list. There simply isn't a program without the cash he poured into the coffers. He's a version of Terry Pegula, except he didn't single-handedly destroy college hockey

Comment

Great idea for the off-season FS23.
                      Originally posted by CavalryNate
                      Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                      sigpic

Comment

I also Nominate Wayne "beanpot" Turner for Northeastern http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Wa...nerBeanpot.jpg

pretty stiff competition though.
                        GO NU!
                        --------------------------------------------------
                        2016 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                        2018 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS (no, srsly)

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenBear View Post
                          One last one for SLU: Terry Slater 167 points in just 3 years. My father would lose it if he wasn't at least listed in the SLU greatest list.
                          And he'd be right.

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                          St. Lawrence: Joe Marsh, Rob Perani, Derek Gustafson, Dan Laperriere, Brian McColgan, Brian Macfarlane, Brandon Dietrich, Erik Anderson, Gary Weicker, Pete McGeough, Kent Carlson, Jamie Baker, Pete Lappin, Ron Mason, Bill Torrey, Mike Keenan, Jacques Martin, Ray Shero
                          Hope I'm not being too picky, but I believe it's actually Gray Weicker, not Gary.

Comment

Originally posted by TimU View Post
                            Hope I'm not being too picky, but I believe it's actually Gray Weicker, not Gary.
                            You would be correct. My memory is failing me
                            North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                              If we project current guys out into the next 20+ years, I think we should nominate future NHL HOFer Luke Curadi for RPI as well.
                              If Luke were there, there wouldn't be room for anyone else.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Nominees to start Air Force's list: Eric Ehn, Tim Kirby, Jacques Lamoureux - Hobey finalists. Coach Frank Serratore. Maybe Vic Heyliger? Chuck Delich - all time scorer?
                                St. Norbert College Green Knights
                                NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
                                NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
                                NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
                                ---
                                SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X