Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Your program's Mount Rushmore

Originally posted by Happy View Post
    some people would probably get mad if an overage Canadian was put on Mount Rushmore.
    And some might get upset if even one person from somewhere other than Minnesota were put on Mount Rushmore.

Comment

UCONN: Todd Krygier
      John Chapman-founded the program in 1960.
      Warde Manuel ushed the Huskies into Hockey East
      Brian Krygier

Comment

North Dakota's Mount Rushmore is up and running...

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...e-North-Dakota

Again, if North Dakota is the team you follow, please make sure to record your allegiance in the "What program do you follow" poll. That way, your vote for the 4 to go on the school's mount rushmore will be given its appropriate weight.
        North Dakota
        National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

FS23,
          If nominations aren't closed yet, I would like to add Bob Brinkworth and Garry Kearns to RPI's list so that all current honorees in RPI's Ring of Honor are included. (Oates, Juneau, Harkness, and Chiarelli are already there.)
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            FS23,
            If nominations aren't closed yet, I would like to add Bob Brinkworth and Garry Kearns to RPI's list so that all current honorees in RPI's Ring of Honor are included. (Oates, Juneau, Harkness, and Chiarelli are already there.)
            Nominations are only closed for the teams that polls are available for (and even then, you can always vote for "other"). I will add these nominations to RPI's list.
            North Dakota

Comment

Additional nominees for Union:

Steve Baker
              Adam Presizniuk
              Kelly Zajac
              Mario Valery Trabucco

Comment

I'm half-tempted to nominate Shirley Jackson for RPI, not because I think she belongs there, but merely to see if it would make FlagDude's head explode
                "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
                  FS23 - You know what might be fun. After everyone's Mount Rushmore are done, maybe do some sort of round robin and windle the people down until we have a College Hockey's Mount Rushmore. It would be interesting to see whom college hockey fans think are the most influential people in college hockey history.
                  Pretty sure it's "who."
                  Last edited by duper; 06-25-2012, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by duper View Post
                    Pretty sure it's "who."
                    Seriously? Come on bro. Don't be a dbag.
                    Originally posted by vizoroo
                    Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
                    Originally posted by duper
                    I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
                    Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
                    Originally posted by dggoddard
                    Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                      To put it up for debate with my fellow SLU fans, since my experience as a fan is shorter than theirs, just curious if Burke Murphy or Paul DiFrancesco (sp?) would/could replace any of those nominated? I tend to agree with TimU that Gusto and Dietrich are iffy choices, could have been great but didn't stay long enough IMO. What are your thoughts?
                      Agree entirely.....their careers at SLU were way too short and they did not make any inroads in professional sports after their careers at SLU. Loved watching them when they were there but not a large enough body of work compared to other SLU greats.
                      SLU

Comment

Originally posted by critsports View Post
                        Agree entirely.....their careers at SLU were way too short and they did not make any inroads in professional sports after their careers at SLU. Loved watching them when they were there but not a large enough body of work compared to other SLU greats.
                        I don't know anything about them, but wanted to comment on one of your points. I don't agree with the idea that if a player played pro, or how well they did as a pro should be a consideration when talking about who were the best college players, or who were the most important people for a school/team. They are different leagues and have different styles. I like college hockey better than NHL so I don't like the implication inherent in the argument that college hockey is a feeder system for the pros so how well they play in the pros is an indication of how good they were in college.

For MN, Grant Bischoff was a great college player, a leader and scored lots of points. He was well liked and is important in the history on MN hockey for what he contributed. Through a series of a couple bad events/luck, he missed his chance for the NHL. That does not diminish his contribution to the Gopher program. And even for players who go on to the pros, other than announcers mentioning a few times where a player played in college, most people watching don't know, and if they aren't college fans, don't care. So I don't think it is a huge contribution to the program, at least as much as so many argue in these types of threads. (Yes, you can argue it might help recruit a player or two once in awhile, but most of them are already aware of which schools produce NHL'ers.) It's a college hockey thread!

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
                          I don't know anything about them, but wanted to comment on one of your points. I don't agree with the idea that if a player played pro, or how well they did as a pro should be a consideration when talking about who were the best college players, or who were the most important people for a school/team. They are different leagues and have different styles. I like college hockey better than NHL so I don't like the implication inherent in the argument that college hockey is a feeder system for the pros so how well they play in the pros is an indication of how good they were in college.

For MN, Grant Bischoff was a great college player, a leader and scored lots of points. He was well liked and is important in the history on MN hockey for what he contributed. Through a series of a couple bad events/luck, he missed his chance for the NHL. That does not diminish his contribution to the Gopher program. And even for players who go on to the pros, other than announcers mentioning a few times where a player played in college, most people watching don't know, and if they aren't college fans, don't care. So I don't think it is a huge contribution to the program, at least as much as so many argue in these types of threads. (Yes, you can argue it might help recruit a player or two once in awhile, but most of them are already aware of which schools produce NHL'ers.) It's a college hockey thread!
                          Well stated and I agree.

I think Doug Woog should be on the Gopher Hockey 'Mount Rushmore' and he never played in the NHL. He is one of the important "faces" of Gopher Hockey, after playing for them coaching them and now broadcasting, Gopher Hockey is in the Woogers blood.

Comment

Some more for Harvard:
                            Allen Bourbeau
                            Ted Donato
                            Don Sweeny
                            Peter Ciavaglia
                            Jack Hughes
                            Steve Martins
                            Noah Welch
                            Gene Kinasewich
                            Dave Johnston

Comment

A few more polls went up this morning.

Maine:
                              http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...Rushmore-Maine

BU:
                              http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...ton-University

Again, if BU or Maine is the team you follow, please make sure to record your allegiance in the "What program do you follow" poll. That way, your vote for the 4 to go on the school's mount rushmore will be given its appropriate weight.
                              North Dakota

Comment

• Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
                                Well stated and I agree.

I think Doug Woog should be on the Gopher Hockey 'Mount Rushmore' and he never played in the NHL. He is one of the important "faces" of Gopher Hockey, after playing for them coaching them and now broadcasting, Gopher Hockey is in the Woogers blood.
                                You could put Glen Sonmor in that boat too.
                                @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                                On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                                High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Working...
                                X