Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Iowa State pursuing D1 Hockey

Breaking down VermontfaninNY's list....

10 Nebraska - It's a good idea, but where would they play? Would they even draw that well?
    9 USC - At the right time, this could work. They would have to start soon though while L.A still has hockey fever.
    8 Navy - Yeah, I could see this happening. It would be a good rival for Army and Air Force.
    7 Adrian - ^ see above posts
    6 Illinois - They have great attendance at the club level, and they do very well on the ice. They're much like Penn State, all they need is a new rink and a rich donor and we could see this happen.
    5 Syracuse - I'm not quite sure what to make of this, honestly. The area is clearly interested in hockey (see the Syracuse Crunch), but would an Orange hockey team draw well? We'll have to see what happens
    4 Kennesaw State - Didn't these guys almost go through with a plan to start a D-1 program? The club team draws well considering their venue, so if they could find a place to play, they could start a program and probably play in Atlantic Hockey.
    3 Lindenwood - They have a women's program, so why not start a men's program?
    2 Moorhead - This will probably happen eventually, it's a matter of when IMO.
    1 Iowa St - They're clearly interested, but are they actually going to do anything?
    Go 'Wolves!

Comment

Moorhead has said they are not pursuing a D1 program anymore. Of course things can change, but they let the money go which they had secured for the move.
      Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
        Moorhead has said they are not pursuing a D1 program anymore. Of course things can change, but they let the money go which they had secured for the move.
        I believe the money went to securing their other athletic programs like scholarships they didn't have before.
        Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
        dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
        wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
          Was this really poor planning on their part or a donor that was demanding hockey?

Comment

• Originally posted by nodak651 View Post
            Has there been any talk of either of the Montanas or other Colorado schools adding hockey?
            Colorado State alums tried to raise money a year or two back, but nothing came of it.
            Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
              I believe the money went to securing their other athletic programs like scholarships they didn't have before.
              I thought I heard that was an option they offered the donors. They could either take their pledge back or allow the athletic department to use the monies on other sports.

The conspiracy theorist in me says that is a really sly move to get more money into the athletic department.......
              Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
              FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
              NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
              NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
              NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
              NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
              Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
              Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Working...
              X