Big Ten Hockey Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    Yes you do. Every single one of Minnesota's football championships were shared.

1934:
    Alabama - #1 - Dunkel System, Houlgate System, Poling System, Williamson System

1935:
    LSU - co#1 - Williamson System
    Princeton - #1 - Dunkel System
    SMU - #1 - Dickinson System, Houlgate System, Sagarin Ratings
    TCU - co#1 - Williamson System

1936:
    LSU - #1 - Sagarin Ratings, Williamson System
    Pitt - #1 - Boand System, College Football Researchers Association, Houlgate System

1940:
    Stanford - #1 - Billingsley Report, Helms Athletic Foundation, Poling System
    Tennessee - #1 - Dunkel System, Williamson System

1941:
    Alabama - #1 - Houlgate System
    Texas - #1 - Berryman (QPRS), Williamson System

1960:
    Iowa - #1 - Berryman (QPRS), Boand System, Litkenhous, Sagarin Ratings
    Ole Miss - #1 - Billingsley Report, College Football Researchers Association, DeVold System, Dunkel System, Football Writers Association of America, National Championship Foundation, Williamson System
    Missouri - #1 - Poling System
    Washington - #1 - Helms Athletic Foundation
    Please stop responding to him in this thread.
    @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
    On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
    High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Re: Big Ten Hockey Conference

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
      Please stop responding to him in this thread.
      It's just funny to watch him back himself into a corner and not realize it. It's like playing chess with a 3 year old.

As for this thread (I'll quit responding to JDUMBS...but just for you ), I hope the B1G does whatever it has to do to try to entice other B1G schools into college hockey. If they can do that, it will be a great success for the sport in general. If they need to have a shootout (amongst other things) in order to help draw those other schools in, then so be it.
      North Dakota
      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
        It's just funny to watch him back himself into a corner and not realize it. It's like playing chess with a 3 year old.

As for this thread (I'll quit responding to JDUMBS...but just for you ), I hope the B1G does whatever it has to do to try to entice other B1G schools into college hockey. If they can do that, it will be a great success for the sport in general. If they need to have a shootout (amongst other things) in order to help draw those other schools in, then so be it.
        Thanks. I appreciate it

I agree. Getting more Big Ten schools to add D1 programs would be great for the sport.
        @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
        On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
        High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

With any luck, the non-hockey schools in the Big Ten Televen Tenve will be able to see the moneymaking potential of the BTHC without us all having to put up with the childish dog and pony show that is shootouts.
          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
            With any luck, the non-hockey schools in the Big Ten Televen Tenve will be able to see the moneymaking potential of the BTHC without us all having to put up with the childish dog and pony show that is shootouts.
            Isn't it all thrown in the pot?
            Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
              Isn't it all thrown in the pot?
              Yep. The network revenues are divided evenly among the schools. It's a net loss to Minnesota to have their games on that Network.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I wasn't necessarily talking just TV revenue, but yes that is a fair point.
                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                  I wasn't necessarily talking just TV revenue, but yes that is a fair point.
                  And that's a fair point as well. There is at least one Michigan fan on here that I'm aware of that is irritated that Michigan shares so much football revenue with Minnesota. Footballl and Men's Basketball drive the ship as we're all aware.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I love how J-Dubbs will get painted into a corner, then just walk across the wet paint and paint himself into a different corner.

I'm for what helps get new schools to add hockey and if it takes a shootout to drum up some support I guess, but is Iowa gonna say no and then you tell them there's shootouts and they're in? I mean its not like we're talking about offering Mr. Ducksworth his own jersey
                    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      Yep. The network revenues are divided evenly among the schools. It's a net loss to Minnesota to have their games on that Network.
                      I feel for Minnesota on this. God Forbid the women's teams reach 6 schools playing.
                      "My greatest achievement."
                      Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

Originally posted by darker98 View Post
                        I feel for Minnesota on this. God Forbid the women's teams reach 6 schools playing.
                        Yeah but by then we'll be playing NCAA Hockey '24 on our X-Box 1080 and won't care
                        tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by darker98 View Post
                          Actually considering the football angle it's fine in the long run. I'm sure you're being sarcastic but I want you to understand that I understand that.

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
                            So, Minnesota is allowed to recognize those, but not the 1940 championship in hockey?

You proved yourself right on this point, but proved yourself wrong on the greater point.

Minnesota officially has 7 hockey national championships. Now we can move on to other discussions
                            Sorry but I have to ask. When was this ever the discussion in this thread? We have that whole thing going in it's own thread.

Gotta love the progression of this thread, how it started with officials and now we're here. Good times.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                              Sorry but I have to ask. When was this ever the discussion in this thread? We have that whole thing going in it's own thread.

Gotta love the progression of this thread, how it started with officials and now we're here. Good times.

I just love having to explain my jabs, but I guess I have to spell it out for JDUMB. I was saying that the schools who generate the revenue (now) will make the decisions and it won't matter what Minnesota wants because they aren't currently good at football or basketball.

I don't even know if this is true (the part about who decides, not the part about the Gophers sucking at football and hoops - they do), but is was a snarky thing to say in the moment, in real time - and it was in regards to shootouts, nothing more.

Of course, he took it to mean something about historical achievements of the programs in question and managed to tie it back to the Gopher's AAU Holiday Invitational Tourney Title - just like every thread he's ever in. Just love people who never have any idea when someone is just talking s-h-i-t. They're always the life of a party.

Just when I think he can't be any more of a doosh...
                              Last edited by Gurtholfin; 05-15-2012, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                                I just love having to explain my jabs, but I guess I have to spell it out for JDUMB. I was saying that the schools who generate the revenue (now) will make the decisions and it won't matter what Minnesota wants because they aren't currently good at football or basketball.

I don't even know if this is true (the part about who decides, not the part about the Gophers sucking at football and hoops - they do), but is was a snarky thing to say in the moment, in real time - and it was in regards to shootouts, nothing more.

Of course, he took it to mean something about historical achievements of the programs in question and managed to tie it back to the Gopher's AAU Holiday Invitational Tourney Title - just like every thread he's ever in. Just love people who never have any idea when someone is just talking s-h-i-t. They're always the life of a party.

Just when I think he can't be any more of a doosh...
                                I hate that you quoted me in your post because it makes it look like I didn't get what the point was. . Still seems like a bit of a jump to me especially since I didn't see Dubbs go there right away. But why should I get uptight about threads spiraling downward now when I had a hand in a few. Probably not as many as you, Gurt but you give me something to strive for.

Comment

Working...
                                X