MN Hockey - "We're So SPECIAL!"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MN Hockey - "We're So SPECIAL!"

this thread is for Jdubbs and Mariucci (so they can stay the **** out of the Wisconsin thread)

Please boast here about how hockey wouldn't exist in america if it weren't for m-i-n-n-e-s-o-t-a
    how EVERY program not-named the U-MN rats are "plug and play" programs
    and how every program with 50 + years of history have no history, especially those with more NCAA titles than the "state of hockey"
    how John Mariucci and Herb Brooks are gods and better coaches then Bob Johnson, Murry Armstrong and Jerry York, etc, hell even better than Toe Blake and Scotty Bowman

so salut

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bv87T1CQF8E

and 6>5 malorkus'
    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Re: MN Hockey - "We're So SPECIAL!"

For crying out loud, stop feeding the troll.

Just ignore him and move on. Don't become as obsessed as he is.
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
      this thread is for Jdubbs and Mariucci (so they can stay the **** out of the Wisconsin thread)

Please boast here about how hockey wouldn't exist in america if it weren't for m-i-n-n-e-s-o-t-a
      how EVERY program not-named the U-MN rats are "plug and play" programs
      and how every program with 50 + years of history have no history, especially those with more NCAA titles than the "state of hockey"
      how John Mariucci and Herb Brooks are gods and better coaches then Bob Johnson, Murry Armstrong and Jerry York, etc, hell even better than Toe Blake and Scotty Bowman

so salut

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bv87T1CQF8E

and 6>5 malorkus'
      5+1 = 6 Awesome thread. ha.
      Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
      dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
      wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Or schools that have had a hockey program longer than they have
        2005-2006: 7-25-6
        2006-2007: 18-17-5
        2007-2008: 14-20-5
        2008-2009: 6-25-7
        2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Originally posted by bose301s View Post
          Or schools that have had a hockey program longer than they have
          Only one school has. Johns Hopkins.

Comment

Solo - I will post wherever I feel. Instead of getting mad at me for speaking my mind, get mad at others in your fanbase that did the SAME THING first.

Is it ok for your fanbase to say you're too good for SCSU, Bemidji, and Mankato, but not ok for me to express my firm belief that the Gophers are too good for UW?

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
              Is it ok for your fanbase to say you're too good for SCSU, Bemidji, and Mankato, but not ok for me to express my firm belief that the Gophers are too good for UW?
              Last I checked, the Gophers are looking up at the Badgers in NCAA titles. As usual, you've got everything ***-backwards.
              National Champions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
              Hockey East Tournament Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
              Hockey East Regular Season Champions: 2014, 2012, 2011, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2001, 1991, 1990, 1989, 1987, 1986, 1985

Originally posted by SteveF
              two things you need to know about the current state of BU hockey

a) fanboys chanted 'thank you seniors' at the beanpot
              b) fanboys chanted 'wheres your beanpot' while getting blown out in the semis of the HE tournament

Comment

Originally posted by REDMEN2002 View Post
                Last I checked, the Gophers are looking up at the Badgers in NCAA titles. As usual, you've got everything ***-backwards.
                NCAA titles? Yes. Titles? No. And UW has won far less conference championships and Frozen Fours. They are lucky to have the number of titles they have.

But all that isn't why I think the Gophers are too good for UW. Minnesota has more hstory and tradition. It is a more recognized hockey school. So in any world that UW is too good to play SCSU, Bemidji, and Mankato, the Gophers are definitely too good to play UW

Comment

NCAA titles? Yes. Titles? No. And UW has won far less conference championships and Frozen Fours. They are lucky to have the number of titles they have.

But all that isn't why I think the Gophers are too good for UW. Minnesota has more hstory and tradition. It is a more recognized hockey school. So in any world that UW is too good to play SCSU, Bemidji, and Mankato, the Gophers are definitely too good to play UW
                  NCAA titles are what matter, buddy. No one cares about AAU titles and NCAA titles mean far more than any conference championship. Keep deluding yourself if you want. Maybe one day the Gophers will be on par with the Badgers, keep your fingers crossed.
                  Hockey East Tournament Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
                  Hockey East Regular Season Champions: 2014, 2012, 2011, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2001, 1991, 1990, 1989, 1987, 1986, 1985

b) fanboys chanted 'wheres your beanpot' while getting blown out in the semis of the HE tournament

Comment

NCAA titles are what matter, buddy. No one cares about AAU titles and NCAA titles mean far more than any conference championship. Keep deluding yourself if you want. Maybe one day the Gophers will be on par with the Badgers, keep your fingers crossed.
                    The Badgers will never be on the same level as Minnesota. Not that a majority of Badger fans care. 75% of their "fanbase" doesn't understand or care about hockey. Not that I'm judging.

Comment

The Badgers will never be on the same level as Minnesota. Not that a majority of Badger fans care. 75% of their "fanbase" doesn't understand or care about hockey. Not that I'm judging.
                      Were you a poor math student? Or did you think I was talking about golf? You see, the higher number is what you want. Wisconsin is winning that battle vs the Gophers.

Comment

Click Here You can decide who the winner is...
                        NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

Were you a poor math student? Or did you think I was talking about golf? You see, the higher number is what you want. Wisconsin is winning that battle vs the Gophers.
                          ha ha nice!

I'll take being a "plug n' play" program w/a 49-year history (not counting the initial 12-15 year run in the 20's-30's) and 6 titles than being a fan of the program that started hockey for the entire universe (apparently) and w/all that immense talent and history can't match the UW (6)/DU (7) /UND (7) "plug n' play" champs in the West!

before you know it both BC and BU will also be able to say 6>5 and you'll see how much fun these debates can be

then your BC threads will also be hijacked by these guys/this guy (guess mariucci was banned for life or something?)
                          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                            ha ha nice!

I'll take being a "plug n' play" program w/a 49-year history (not counting the initial 12-15 year run in the 20's-30's) and 6 titles than being a fan of the program that started hockey for the entire universe (apparently) and w/all that immense talent and history can't match the UW (6)/DU (7) /UND (7) "plug n' play" champs in the West!

before you know both BC and BU will also be able to say 6>5 and you'll see how much fun these debates can be

then your BC threads will also be hijacked by these guys/this guy (guess mariucci was banned for life or something?)
                            You keep avoiding my question because you know I'm right

Comment

Sorry, UW doesn't have more titles. And it wouldn't matter if they did. They have far less history and virtually no tradition. They are a plug-n-play program that owes it's existence to Minnesota. All of their coaches have had MN connections, they have relied heavily on MN players, their only real tradition is being so tied to Minnesota

Comment

Working...
                              X