Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MN Hockey - "We're So SPECIAL!"

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
    I agree, I could have been more tactful, but I was just being honest. And I found some of your fanbase's remarks to be equally callous. Again, I didn't post what I did to get a rise out of people, but I am not going to lie about what I think.

I think I am being pretty reasonable and open-minded here, yet I am still getting personally attacked by some. I guess that's fair though, ha?
    They didn't post those things in the Gopher general thread did they? It isn't that you were being honest or dishonest, it's about recognizing that the appropriateness of what and where you post things.

You have developed a reputation for being a troll and doing nothing but stirring the pot and causing trouble. Talk of improved behavior isn't going to convince anyone that you actually intend to act in a civilized and respectful way, your future action will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Almington View Post
      They didn't post those things in the Gopher general thread did they? It isn't that you were being honest or dishonest, it's about recognizing that the appropriateness of what and where you post things.

You have developed a reputation for being a troll and doing nothing but stirring the pot and causing trouble. Talk of improved behavior isn't going to convince anyone that you actually intend to act in a civilized and respectful way, your future action will.
      I have offered to do things differently as a courtesy to you, because I am trying to be reasonable, not because I think I have done anything wrong. I think I am entitled to express my opinions whenever and wherever, as long as I am respectful and on topic. I believe I was both.

If it bothers you that I do it in your season thread, out of courtesy I proposed making my points in seperate threads. But I will make my points because I believe I have that right.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
        Who cares? That's the point - you don't need to have a nutter every time another fan dares besmirch the M. Opposing fans are going to take shots until the end of time - some reasonable, some downright full of crap. If they lie about something I can see stepping in, but otherwise you're just never going to 'win' an argument in which the other poster either 1) Is trolling or 2) Firmly believes their position.
        I don't tell you what you can and cannot discuss, and I am done listening to you try and control what I say. My intention isn't to troll or upset people. I am just being honest about what I think, and doing so respectfully. I will not apologize for that.

Comment

I understand. I will do my best. My intention was never to start a flame war. I read some comments I didn't like, and responded. The result was all this. Perhaps in the future I will post remarks I anticipate to be "controversial" in a seperate thread. Would that be better?

please heed Lars from 2:31 through 2:45, thanks!!!
          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Wow, Alms must be the Godfather. A "courtesy" just for him?

Awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
              Who cares? That's the point - you don't need to have a nutter every time another fan dares besmirch the M. Opposing fans are going to take shots until the end of time - some reasonable, some downright full of crap.
              Believe or not, the only time other than game week that you guys even come up in our thread is when Dubbie here steps in and brings you guys into our thread.

Believe it or not, nobody's obsessed with the Gophers as much as some think.

Dubbie's head over heels obsessed with us though for some reason. Most likely envy.

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                JFR, the Gophers underachieved with Minnesotans and that my friends is more important than anything else. Win or lose the grandfathers of Gopher hockey believed they did it the right way.
                Not sure, but it sounds like you buy into this national championships is the only measure that matters stuff (which is usually only raised by fans of teams that happen to have more than us).

Not me.
                Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                  Not sure, but it sounds like you buy into this national championships is the only measure that matters stuff (which is usually only raised by fans of teams that happen to have more than us).

Not me.
                  Nope. Win, lose or draw if the Gophers have if the a competitive team then I am happy. It is fun winning national championships I personally would like to see them win at least one every ten years or so. IMO, winning the Frozen Four is difficult enough it is one game play off and anything may happen many times the best team doesn't always win. This isn't the NHL playoffs where 9 times out of 10 the best team wins a best of 7 series.
                  Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                  dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                  wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                    Believe it or not, nobody's obsessed with the Gophers as much as some think.
                    Blasphemy!

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                    And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                    Twenty red lights in his honor
                    Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post

please heed Lars from 2:31 through 2:45, thanks!!!
                      As soon as you answer my question I will watch your video.

Every time you post without answering my question makes me think even more that you are intentionally ignoring the question because you know I am 100% right

Comment

As long as we're asking people to answer questions, will Dubbs ever answer my question that was posed two weeks ago? Since you feel UND stole everything they have/use, how do you feel about Minnesota stealing their block M from Michigan?
                        Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                        when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                        Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                          As long as we're asking people to answer questions, will Dubbs ever answer my question that was posed two weeks ago? Since you feel UND stole everything they have/use, how do you feel about Minnesota stealing their block M from Michigan?
                          What letter are they supposed to use? Apples to oranges. I wouldn't have a problem with UND using a ND in their logo, but they use the exact same interlocked ND as Notre Dame, and copied the "Fighting Irish" nickname. Not to mention the indianhead from the Blackhawks. Minnesota's M isn't the same as Michigan's. Different style and colors. Not exactly comparable.
                          Last edited by JDUBBS1280; 04-29-2012, 09:19 AM.

Comment

What letter are they supposed to use? Apples to oranges. I wouldn't have a problem with UND using a ND in their logo, but they use the exact same interlocked ND. Minnesota's M isn't the same as Michigan's. Different style and colors.
                            You don't get to pick and choose what is and isn't stolen or what schools your little idea applies to.

You said UND's current logo is pretty much the same as Chicago's and therefore it was stolen even though they are quite different. You used this as reasoning that UND has no tradition. Given this, Minnesota obviously stole the M from Michigan seeing as they are much more similar than UND/Chicago logos. Ergo Minnesota has no tradition. If one is considered stolen, so is the other and neither school therefore has any tradition.

As far as the UND/Notre Dame thing, you don't even have proof of which school used the logo first. I on the other hand have proof of Minnesota stealing Michigan's logo.
                            Last edited by Dirty; 04-29-2012, 09:28 AM.
                            Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                            when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                            Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                              Nope. Win, lose or draw if the Gophers have if the a competitive team then I am happy. It is fun winning national championships I personally would like to see them win at least one every ten years or so. IMO, winning the Frozen Four is difficult enough it is one game play off and anything may happen many times the best team doesn't always win. This isn't the NHL playoffs where 9 times out of 10 the best team wins a best of 7 series.
                              Good. I guess my point is that folks shouldn't let opposing fanbases dictate the grounds of discussion of greatness...which is based on many factors:

Total wins and losses
                              Head to head records
                              Its longevity, tradition and whether its 'storied' with things like the miracle on ice
                              The size of and intensity of its fanbase
                              The players...including their accomplishments after school

As a warm up, the Gophers have more players in the NHL than any other school, program, or team in the world...with about 25% more players than #2 program Michigan (CHL teams aren't even on the chart).

Its difficult to challenge the Gophers on almost any other single measure and impossible to do so on all measures.
                              Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                                Good. I guess my point is that folks shouldn't let opposing fanbases dictate the grounds of discussion of greatness...which is based on many factors:

Total wins and losses
                                Head to head records
                                Its longevity, tradition and whether its 'storied' with things like the miracle on ice
                                The size of and intensity of its fanbase
                                The players...including their accomplishments after school

As a warm up, the Gophers have more players in the NHL than any other school, program, or team in the world...with about 25% more players than #2 program Michigan (CHL teams aren't even on the chart).

Its difficult to challenge the Gophers on almost any other single measure and impossible to do so on all measures.

You forgot: the most d-bag fans.

The "intensity" of the fanbase is on display every time I see Mariucci 1/3 empty, which lately, is every game there.

Before you retort, remember that YOU guys are the ones who call yourselves the State of Hockey and claim to have the best fans. Others don't say that about themselves.

Comment

Working...
                                X