Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MN Hockey - "We're So SPECIAL!"

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
    Actually, I believe there was an academically ineligible player or two or something like that.

I don't remember a runner's up banner though. Who the frick cares about being runner's up?

Maybe Minny has 6 of those banners up?
    if so, 6 runner-up banners would>3 runner-up banners for UW, the only stat that matters to rat fans named jbubbs?
    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
      if so, 6 runner-up banners would>3 runner-up banners for UW, the only stat that matters to rat fans named jbubbs?
      You continue to ignore and refuse to answer my question, so I will assume you agree that I am right

Comment

Let me repost my point again, and bolden the part that people are choosing to ignore.

In a world where UW is too good to play SCSU, Mankato, and Bemidji (per UW fans) then the Gophers are derfinitely too good to play the Badgers.

I'll just keep posting this until people stop ignoring the key piece to this whole discussion.

Comment

I'd have to say that for the last 30 plus years, there is no question that Wisconsin has been the more feared and respected program from a Sioux fan perspective. If I were a gopher fan badly in need of some kind of self-validation, I would dwell on old history too, because without that UMinn is just another good program. When the only thing Gopher hockey has left to boast about is that they're the gophers, it just looks like they have been left behind and don't quite know how to deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
            I'd have to say that for the last 30 plus years, there is no question that Wisconsin has been the more feared and respected program from a Sioux fan perspective. If I were a gopher fan badly in need of some kind of self-validation, I would dwell on old history too, because without that UMinn is just another good program. When the only thing Gopher hockey has left to boast about is that they're the gophers, it just looks like they have been left behind and don't quite know how to deal with it.

Let me repost my point again, and bolden the part that people are choosing to ignore.

In a world where UW is too good to play SCSU, Mankato, and Bemidji (per UW fans) then the Gophers are derfinitely too good to play the Badgers.

I'll just keep posting this until people stop ignoring the key piece to this whole discussion

Comment

I can't believe I'm jumping in on the troll's side, but this post is pretty ridiculous.
              @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
              On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
              High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post

I'll just keep posting this until people stop ignoring the key piece to this whole discussion.
                No one cares.
                @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
                  No one cares.
                  Apparently some here do.

Comment

I'd have to say that for the last 30 plus years, there is no question that Wisconsin has been the more feared and respected program from a Sioux fan perspective.
                    Based on what, exactly? They have two WCHA regular season crowns going back to the '81-'82 season; they have six play-off titles. Lastly, they have three NT's and two runner-ups in that span.

Over the same period, MN has two NT's, one runner-up, and eight other frozen four appearances. They have eight WCHA regular season titles and six play-off crowns over that span. MN has been vastly superior to UW in the conference, and only trails them by a single NT while dwarfing their number of runs to the frozen four.

The only thing you could possibly be referring to is head-to-head record over that span, but I don't have time to try digging up what UW's W-L is against you guys as compared to MN's.

Comment

• Re: MN Hockey - "We're So SPECIAL!"

I fully support this thread.

Originally posted by REDMEN2002 View Post
                      Last word. Oh, and Minnesota, for all its history, doesn't have the most NCAA titles. Sounds like a history of underachieving to me. There, last word.
                      Who's better?

Bring your head to head and we can discuss.
                      Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
                        I can't believe I'm jumping in on the troll's side, but this post is pretty ridiculous.
                        But not completely? It's fair to be called out for the use of a little hyperbole, I grant you that. But my comments were more geared towards gohper fans "badly in need of some kind of self validation," and I know only one of those. ALL gopher fans are defective, of course, but only one in that way.

Comment

But not completely? It's fair to be called out for the use of a little hyperbole, I grant you that.
                          It would have been a lot funnier had you said you fear michigan tech far more than mn over the last thirty years.

Comment

I'll just keep posting this until people stop ignoring the key piece to this whole discussion
                            Except that no UW fans said that UW is to good to play those schools:

As someone who's gotta pay for these games each year, I'd rather see us play a quality opponent - regardless of history. Bring in Notre Dame too.

BSU, Mankato, Tech, Omaha, UAA, heck, even CC and SCSU... wake me when it's over.

The fact (hopefully) that we will leave the WCHA but retain UND and Denver has actually rejuvenated my interest in the regular season on a micro level. Meaning - more than interested in the regular season as just a path to the playoffs. I will actually care more about individual games than just how they effect our record.

I'm really looking forward to seeing some new blood on the schedule.

It'd be cool if we could play Duluth every once in a while also.
                            It wasn't that those schools were inferior to UW but that they were inferior (from a fan excitement standpoint) to other schools that UW could schedule: Miami, ND, BC, BC, UNH, Maine. The key point is that UW should try and schedule the best schools they can and not just schedule schools because they were former conference member in the WCHA.

Regardless, you misinterpretation doesn't change the fact that you made your post in the UW thread for no purpose other than to troll.
                            Last edited by Almington; 04-28-2012, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Almington - Please save it. The comments were made in a condesending way. If you don't think SCSU and Bemidji are the "best programs" to play moving forward, that's fine. That's your OPINION and you're entitled to it.

But news flash for you, SCSU and Bemidji just finished ahead of you in the standings, and I challenge you to find the last time the Gophers finished 10th in the conference. So, it's my OPINION that we're to good to play you.

Comment

Almington - Please save it. The comments were made in a condesending way. If you don't think SCSU and Bemidji are the "best programs" to play moving forward, that's fine. That's your OPINION and you're entitled to it.

But news flash for you, SCSU and Bemidji just finished ahead of you in the standings, and I challenge you to find the last time the Gophers finished 10th in the conference. So, it's my OPINION that we're to good to play you.
                                That's not my opinion, but you seem to only read what you want anyway.

You can have what ever opinions you want, expressing them in a trolling and inflammatory way is unnecessary and in violation of the general board rules.

Please stop trolling in the UW recruiting and general threads and express your opinions elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
                                X