MN Hockey - "We're So SPECIAL!"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
    This actually the greatest thread in the history of USCHO.

You see, we've got your buddy here contained. We just need to have a sign-up for who's going to keep him engaged here and when. 2 posters per 2-hour shift.

My contribution:

Hey Dubbs, my kid's bantam team went 3-1 against teams from Minnesota last season. And no, the Minnesota teams weren't from the southeast section - they were all Twin Cities programs. Everyone on our team was from Wisconsin, the mongrel dogs.
    Congratulate your son and his house team for me

Comment

Re: MN Hockey - "We're So SPECIAL!"

We're actually looking to schedule more Illinois and Iowa teams this coming year. Need more of a challenge or the boys get a little full of themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
        You clearly don't understand the context of this discussion or the point I am trying to make.
        Well, I'm not attacking you. The point is this: there is no "state of hockey" anymore. College hockey is so diverse with kids from all over the country and the world that no one gives a **** whether their state university teams are all born and bred in the motherland. Most of us just want to see good hockey, no matter where the players come from, and that's what we see most of the time.

As Gurt just pointed out, his son's team (from Wisconsin) went 3-1 against Minny teams. All these young hockey players nowadays come up through the same feeder systems and play at the same level of competition. One of my co-workers has a son who plays on a West Michigan travel team and he carts his kid all over the midwest to play. It doesn't matter where the kid comes from, it matters about the skills he/she can acquire and the smarts he/she can develop. Those kind of things aren't unique to kids from Minnesota who lace up skates; there unique to any kid from anywhere who decides he/she wants to get to the next level.

So stop with this whole Minnesota holier-than-thou BS.

Boston College (you know, the team that just won the NCAA championship) has a roster with players from:

Maine
        New York
        Connecticut
        British Columbia
        Pennsylvania
        Massachusetts
        New Jersey
        Colorado
        Minnesota
        Michigan

Maybe if UMinny would give up its almost exclusive Minnesota roster they might be able to put together another championship team.

Oh, I'm sorry, the State of Wisconsin is also represented on the Minnesota roster.
        NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

Congratulate your son and his house team for me

I appreciate the vote of confidence, and we have come a long way over here, but our house teams can't quite beat your traveling teams just yet.

Comment

Originally posted by aygwm2 View Post
            Well, I'm not attacking you. The point is this: there is no "state of hockey" anymore. College hockey is so diverse with kids from all over the country and the world that no one gives a **** whether their state university teams are all born and bred in the motherland. Most of us just want to see good hockey, no matter where the players come from, and that's what we see most of the time.

As Gurt just pointed out, his son's team (from Wisconsin) went 3-1 against Minny teams. All these young hockey players nowadays come up through the same feeder systems and play at the same level of competition. One of my co-workers has a son who plays on a West Michigan travel team and he carts his kid all over the midwest to play. It doesn't matter where the kid comes from, it matters about the skills he/she can acquire and the smarts he/she can develop. Those kind of things aren't unique to kids from Minnesota who lace up skates; there unique to any kid from anywhere who decides he/she wants to get to the next level.

So stop with this whole Minnesota holier-than-thou BS.

Boston College (you know, the team that just won the NCAA championship) has a roster with players from:

Maine
            New York
            Connecticut
            British Columbia
            Pennsylvania
            Massachusetts
            New Jersey
            Colorado
            Minnesota
            Michigan

Maybe if UMinny would give up its almost exclusive Minnesota roster they might be able to put together another championship team.

Oh, I'm sorry, the State of Wisconsin is also represented on the Minnesota roster.

Oh man...

You tried logic and reasoning? With Dubbie?

FAIL!

Comment

Silly people. It's Dubbs. Dubbie is the ginger from DU.
              Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
              when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
              Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

As is Missouri, Colorado and no really a foreign country like Finland with a player on the home grown goofers.

Comment

I appreciate the vote of confidence, and we have come a long way over here, but our house teams can't quite beat your traveling teams just yet.
                  Hahahaha..... We both know your youth programs are the equivilant of the Somalian national baseball team next to Minnesota Hockey.

Comment

Does the Somali team even know how to skate?
                    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Aygwm2 - Again, you don't know the origin of the discussion, or its context, which is why you are WAY off on the point I was making. When you are ready to listen to my pount, let me know.

In regards to Minnesota not being the "State of Hockey", I'll politely disagree. Minnesota has more registered players than any other state (even states with 2-5x the population). Minnesota produces more D1 players than any other state on a yearly basis. It isn't even that close. And Minnesota has produced more NHL players than any other state. Again, not all that close. Minnesota has also produced the most US Olympic hockey players. In fact, theUS has never won an Olympic Gold medal without at least 50% of its roster being from Minnesota. The 1980 Olympic Gold medal team had 13/20 players born in Minnesota and a head coach from Minnesota.

Minnesota is the hockey capital of this country.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                        Does the Somali team even know how to skate?
                        I have about as much respect for Somali baseball as I do for Wisconsin youth hockey.

Comment

Aygwm2 - Again, you don't know the origin of the discussion, or its context, which is why you are WAY off on the point I was making. When you are ready to listen to my pount, let me know.

In regards to Minnesota not being the "State of Hockey", I'll politely disagree. Minnesota has more registered players than any other state (even states with 2-5x the population). Minnesota produces more D1 players than any other state on a yearly basis. It isn't even that close. And Minnesota has produced more NHL players than any other state. Again, not all that close. Minnesota has also produced the most US Olympic hockey players. In fact, theUS has never won an Olympic Gold medal without at least 50% of its roster being from Minnesota. The 1980 Olympic Gold medal team had 13/20 players born in Minnesota and a head coach from Minnesota.

Minnesota is the hockey capital of this country.
                          *****http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-0IxLI0J8Sec/Ty_6zm3TG5I/AAAAAAAAKQw/HILD_48prEw/s1600/BlindLeadingTheBlind.gif******
                          NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

Maine
                            New York
                            Connecticut
                            British Columbia
                            Pennsylvania
                            Massachusetts
                            New Jersey
                            Colorado
                            Minnesota
                            Michigan
                            That's the arguing point. In Dubbs world. Canadians can't vote, have to ride in the back of the bus, and have a back door entrance into the diner. Europeans were only allowed after the Vanek riots of 02-04.
                            "My greatest achievement."
                            Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

Hahahaha..... We both know your youth programs are the equivilant of the Somalian national baseball team next to Minnesota Hockey.
                              Exactly! We're terrible.

And that's why you should be concerned considering that we, well...

Never mind. We probably just got lucky. 3 Times.

We were the luckiest bunch of suck-holes ever to lace them up.

Comment

Exactly! We're terrible.

And that's why you should be concerned considering that we, well...

Never mind. We probably just got lucky. 3 Times.

We were the luckiest bunch of suck-holes ever to lace them up.
                                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Working...
                                X