Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The New WCHA 2, The Electric Boogaloo (2013-14)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The New WCHA 2, The Electric Boogaloo (2013-14)

Originally posted by aparch View Post
    Maybe if your team would host a first round playoff series for the first time in it's WCHA history, you'd realize that it's a different situation than trying to sell season tickets.
    Cos the team I supported and it's lack of success has everything to do with my knowledge of the game and my opinions on best ways to move forward.

Post count argument next? ... or some other logical fallacy?

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
      Cos the team I supported and it's lack of success has everything to do with my knowledge of the game and my opinions on best ways to move forward.

Perhaps attacking other programs without any knowledge of the situation is what got that reaction...
      MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Oh, be nice to him, at least he's not as bad as Hitler.
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
          Oh, be nice to him, at least he's not as bad as Hitler.
          And if you're going to be unkind... at least thrown in something about how Northern sucks.
          MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
            Perhaps attacking other programs without any knowledge of the situation is what got that reaction...
            I attacked other programs? Where? Cos I was astonished at the lack of support that some CCHA teams seem to be able to generate?

I suggest you go look at the original USCHO Newbie Guide (reference the entry on Drop The Puck) before you continue making assertions that you cannot back up.

Comment

Commenting on low attendance figures, which are facts, isn't attacking another program....it is simply stating facts and commenting about them. If my team ever hosted a playoff series, I would sure hope they'd get better if not the same attendance as during the regular season.
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I attacked other programs? Where? Cos I was astonished at the lack of support that some CCHA teams seem to be able to generate?

I suggest you go look at the original USCHO Newbie Guide (reference the entry on Drop The Puck) before you continue making assertions that you cannot back up.
                Oh, I don't know. Maybe it was somewhere in these lines...
                I can only ask why is LSSU even in this conference if they put those kind of numbers up for a home playoff series? Not to mentionFerris Wheel and that pathetic turnout or NMU and it's crap numbers.

And why wouldn't Bemidji sell out a playoff series? And if Tech and Northern were having a playoff series at the Mac and not sell it out then Tech should drop hockey too.

I looked up Mankato's history, since they're the only Existing WCHA team moving into the New WCHA that has actually hosted WCHA playoff hockey (thrice in their history). Looks like for the three seasons (99-00, 03-04, 07-08) they averaged 60% for the regular season, and 80% for the playoffs.

What I attribute the CCHA schools lack of attendance toward is the fact that the two weeks of on-campus games are during spring break, so most those schools lose some numbers there. The CCHA also set the prices for tickets, with no discounts being given to the students (unless a University group or some other entity bought tickets from the league for face value, then re-sold them to the students at a discounted rate).

And, while for this example, I only speak for myself looking upon NMU's playoff record... MQT has an Atlanta Braves playoff mentality. "Oh, they always make the playoffs, but can never win at JLA." Playoff attendance was terrible when I was a student, and it never changed when the CCHA adopted the two round playoffs.

Will the New WCHA teams draw better for the playoffs? I'm sure they will. Going back to my example from yesterday, with MTU playing NMU for the playoffs, I think we could all agree that the Berry Events Center would be filled. I was just looking upon it as a straight up numbers forecast, because not every playoff series will be that good.
                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Ah, an indirect post count argument... I thought those were invalid, someone mentioned that earlier I believe...

If you don't read this as an attack on other programs, then I guess I can't back up my statement. I don't think that is a problem for most people though...

I can only ask why is LSSU even in this conference if they put those kind of numbers up for a home playoff series? Not to mentionFerris Wheel and that pathetic turnout or NMU and it's crap numbers.
                  You said yourself you come off as a dick, why are you then surprised when you're called out on it? Seems rather oddly self serving...

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post

I looked up Mankato's history, since they're the only Existing WCHA team moving into the New WCHA that has actually hosted WCHA playoff hockey (thrice in their history). Looks like for the three seasons (99-00, 03-04, 07-08) they averaged 60% for the regular season, and 80% for the playoffs.
                    I think simply due to this fact, MSU should host a home playoff series every year......you know, for the good of the league.
                    Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

Originally posted by Bale View Post
                      I think simply due to this fact, MSU should host a home playoff series every year......you know, for the good of the league.
                      As long as it's not Tech, so I don't have to drive to Mankato... I'm ok with that.

Tech - Northern playoffs would be awesome. I'm just looking forward to Tech - Northern - LSSU games meaning something again. This is the biggest positive of the nWCHA if you ask me...

Comment

Ah, an indirect post count argument... I thought those were invalid, someone mentioned that earlier I believe...
                        It's not about post count there sparky. Some NMU poster here was the keeper of it. The entry regarding me said something like "Don't match wits with Drop The Puck, nevermind go ahead humility is good for you." ... or something close.

You said yourself you come off as a dick, why are you then surprised when you're called out on it? Seems rather oddly self serving...
                        There'll be no question (even in your misperceiving mind) when I'm a dick.

Are you really trying to say that "self-serving" isn't a primary modality for any poster in such a stupid argument as this? Do you understand what that even means? What is it that people are doing on the internet? Someone is wrong on the internet. FFS man ... see the world for what it is. Going through life without realizing the limitations of our pitiful human senses is dangerous.

Comment

In my opinion, watching games via the Internet is a good secondary channel for marketing. I think TV / Cable is the still the prime video media for most households and what the league should focus on for maximum exposure. Give it another 8-10 years by that point I think the majority of college hockey fans will be in tune with getting their video feeds through the Inter-web (if they aren't already being beemed straight into our heads at that point). While many of here are cool with the internet, that's a given. We're already on the Internet talking about college hockey. However, having walked around the Final Five this year I can tell you majority of those people are not getting their video from the Internet and they are part of the fan base as well.
                          Ryan J
                          Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                          https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                          Originally posted by geezer
                          Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                          Originally posted by manurespreader
                          ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                            In my opinion, watching games via the Internet is a good secondary channel for marketing. I think TV / Cable is the still the prime video media for most households and what the league should focus on for maximum exposure.
                            nWCHA isn't going to be getting any national TV contracts. Whatever exists now on a per program basis is likely as extensive as it's going to get. An internet stream reaches everyone.

Comment

It's not about post count there sparky. Some NMU poster here was the keeper of it. The entry regarding me said something like "Don't match wits with Drop The Puck, nevermind go ahead humility is good for you." ... or something close.

There'll be no question (even in your misperceiving mind) when I'm a dick.

Are you really trying to say that "self-serving" isn't a primary modality for any poster in such a stupid argument as this? Do you understand what that even means? What is it that people are doing on the internet? Someone is wrong on the internet. FFS man ... see the world for what it is. Going through life without realizing the limitations of our pitiful human senses is dangerous.
                              I apologize for not having the noob guide memorized. I don't know if the site is still up to be honest, wasn't the URL something about nmu softball? Pointing me that way as if I'd not seen it was based on my join date and post count. Hence the word "indirect." Apparently those dots didn't connect.

I'm here to keep up on hockey news and discuss them with other hockey fans. Your constant negative attitude towards almost every subject can be rather annoying and, yes, self-serving. And no one is allowed to mention that though or you get all defensive. Either way, I've made my point. I'm done with it. You win. Congrats!

Either way, major kudos on the xkcd reference.

Comment

nWCHA isn't going to be getting any national TV contracts. Whatever exists now on a per program basis is likely as extensive as it's going to get. An internet stream reaches everyone.
                                I think this is the correct answer. I think local cable access is about as much TV coverage as we are going to get. Maybe it's possible to work it out with local companies to broadcast it a bit more broadly, but I have my doubts.
                                Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

Working...
                                X