Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Big Ten officially announces tournament sites

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
    You guys constantly bring this up like you want some sort of award or honor for it. You were as effective in defense as the Dutch army in WWII. Congrats.
    Actually just the opposite. We don't want our name attached to the B1G mistake and any chance to rip anything Wisconsin must be taken. Especially when it involves Alvarez.

I'm glad I finally found this thread. I was on Twitter all morning searching for this info and couldn't find it anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Stack View Post
      You sad you'd like to see the NCHC at the Target center every other year. Where do you want to be the other year? The X when the Big Ten aren't there or are you thinking of some other location?

Pesonally I'd prefer a permanent site and just leave it like that. There was talk about a rotation between the Twin Cities, Denver, and Omaha. Hey I like Denver and Omaha but it is so nice to have it at the same place every year so you can plan accordingly.
      Omaha would be a good choice. The Gopher fans that went there this year said it was awesome and they're sad that it will be going away soon.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
        Whew, that's a relief. I heard it might be here. That would've been horrible.
        Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
        when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
        Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
          WOW Great, they have wooden lockers. A large snack area. In the off season when they do have ice they do not use white paint so you get to see the cement. And if you're in the upper level you can play with the kids toys.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
            There are a couple different options that the WCHA is exploring, including playing opposite the Big 10 at the Joe and the X. Other sites are being considered as well.
            I hope not

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
              At least the league would have a chance at matching the attendance percentage records that the Final Five has set.
              Originally posted by SCSU Euro
              What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                At least the league would have a chance at matching the attendance percentage records that the Final Five has set.
                Whereas the nWCHA has no chance of coming close to matching it even if they played on an outdoor pond with some bleachers set up.
                Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                  They should!

Big Ten hockey causes all of this mess of conference realignment and goes and uses the CCHA and WCHA tournament venues for the next 4 years. Interesting.
                  And will use the Final Five format..but won't be as successful.
                  AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by UnWanted22 View Post
                    I thought the WCHA Final 5 was at it's best when it alternated between St Paul and Milwaukee. I for one will be at the games in St Paul. I am hoping that there is only one game on Thursday and a third place game on Saturday. (Like the 5 games at the WCHA Final 5 a few years back) Go Bucky!
                    this post is absolutely awful.
                    AF 99

Comment

You sad you'd like to see the NCHC at the Target center every other year. Where do you want to be the other year? The X when the Big Ten aren't there or are you thinking of some other location?

Pesonally I'd prefer a permanent site and just leave it like that. There was talk about a rotation between the Twin Cities, Denver, and Omaha. Hey I like Denver and Omaha but it is so nice to have it at the same place every year so you can plan accordingly.
                      No, I said I'd like it at the X in the off years of the Big W0, I never want it at the Target Center. In the other years gice it to Denver, Omaha or both with them each getting it one out of four years and the X half the time
                      tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

My only question is what will they do after this 4 year "trial" period is over? Do they have any firm ideas at this point or will be waiting to see what attendance and fan response will be before deciding future venues?
                        Logic would dictate the latter but I don't have much belief those runing the Big Ten have even half a brain between them to even consider logic to be possible for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                          My only question is what will they do after this 4 year "trial" period is over? Do they have any firm ideas at this point or will be waiting to see what attendance and fan response will be before deciding future venues?
                          Logic would dictate the latter but I don't have much belief those runing the Big Ten have even half a brain between them to even consider logic to be possible for them.
                          I think they will see if one of the two sites significantly out-draws the other. If one does, they will probably stick with that one site. If it's remotely close, they'll continue to rotate.
                          @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                          On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                          High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                            What will happen is the UND, SCSU and UMD fans will have better attendance at the X than the Gophers and Badgers fans and Xcel will send the B1G packing to Detroit.
                            Originally posted by SJHovey
                            Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                            Originally posted by Brenthoven
                            We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                              What will happen is the UND, SCSU and UMD fans will have better attendance at the X than the Gophers and Badgers fans and Xcel will send the B1G packing to Detroit.
                              This.
                              AF 99

Comment

All I know is the Big Ten ruined the best college hockey tournament in the country in the WCHA Final Five. Every fan that I talked to this year complained about how they will miss it in two years including Minnesota and Wisconsin fans.
                                B. S. BSBSBSBSBSBS. I call BS.

People around here were rejoicing that the big bad big ten schools were absent in tournaments past. Spout your revisionist history elsewhere.
                                the state of hockey is good

Comment

Working...
                                X