Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Big Ten officially announces tournament sites

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
    I'd rather see the NCHC there every other yeat than the Target Center every year
    Maybe they can get a rotation going between the two?
    Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
    Eric's Twitter
    The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
      The National has not hired a Director of Operations yet...
      They were supposed to announce their picks around the Frozen Four. Oh well...
      Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
      Eric's Twitter
      The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
        There are a couple different options that the WCHA is exploring, including playing opposite the Big 10 at the Joe and the X. Other sites are being considered as well.
        I like that Idea - I like it a lot... alternating Beavers and Gophers works for me ;-)
        - Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. -

Go Bemidji Beavers
        Go you Green and White
        Go Bemidji Beavers
        Fight with all your might!
        Rah! Rah! Rah!
        We are here to cheer you
        We are out to win your fame,
        So, Go Bemidji Beavers
        Fight to win this game.-Fight.

Comment

Has the Pepsi Center ever been mentioned as in play seeing as how Denver was the architect of the abomination called the National Collegiate Hockey Conference? Maybe an alternation with the X and Pepsi Center.
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I think the Target Center would be a good move for the NCHC, though going against the B1G straight-up might hurt it in competition for the casual hockey fan dollar. Western sends some fans to the Joe when they get there, so they'll be on the short end, but Miami doesn't travel well and neither have fan bases large enough to justify moving the NCHC championship away from its core constituency.

I'm generally in favor of the realignment that has happened (remember the alignment debates we used to have before this all went down?) but there is no question that Stack's lament is accurate. The loss of the Final Five is sad for everyone who loves college hockey. It was one of the crown jewels of college hockey. Whether you consider it a painful but necessary sacrifice or capital murder is a different story.
            Jesus Saves

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
              There are a couple different options that the WCHA is exploring, including playing opposite the Big 10 at the Joe and the X. Other sites are being considered as well.
              JLA is an absolutely asinine site for anyone not called the Big Ten. You're going to anchor your conference tournament every other year in a location with two schools within 300 miles and everyone else 8+ hours or a flight away? I'm not even certain Illich picks up the phone if you call.
              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Caustic Undertow View Post
                I think the Target Center would be a good move for the NCHC, though going against the B1G straight-up might hurt it in competition for the casual hockey fan dollar. Western sends some fans to the Joe when they get there, so they'll be on the short end, but Miami doesn't travel well and neither have fan bases large enough to justify moving the NCHC championship away from its core constituency.
                Even Western's numbers at the Joe this year seemed to be way down from their impressive showing in 2011. Both schools knew what they were getting themselves into, but 10 and 12 hour drives are pretty unfortunate for our fan bases.

Comment

Originally posted by Stack View Post

All I know is the Big Ten ruined the best college hockey tournament in the country in the WCHA Final Five. Every fan that I talked to this year complained about how they will miss it in two years including Minnesota and Wisconsin fans.
                  You mean Penn State and Barry Alvarez don't you? There's one hockey school in the Big 10 that had nothing to do with it.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    You mean Penn State and Barry Alvarez don't you? There's one hockey school in the Big 10 that had nothing to do with it.
                    You guys constantly bring this up like you want some sort of award or honor for it. You were as effective in defense as the Dutch army in WWII. Congrats.
                    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                      You guys constantly bring this up like you want some sort of award or honor for it. You were as effective in defense as the Dutch army in WWII. Congrats.
                      That's brilliant. Nearly lost my coffee.
                      MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                        Must Spread Rep.

Comment

The Joe and the X are the most reasonable choices. I thought the WCHA Final 5 was at it's best when it alternated between St Paul and Milwaukee. I for one will be at the games in St Paul. I am hoping that there is only one game on Thursday and a third place game on Saturday. (Like the 5 games at the WCHA Final 5 a few years back) Go Bucky!
                          Yearly College Hockey Trips
                          St. Cloud - Best Bar (Red Carpet)
                          North Dakota - First Jägerbomb
                          Northern Michigan - Friendliest Hockey Fans (tink-tink-ta-tink)
                          Michigan Tech - Best Ice Sculptures
                          Mankato - Denver wins the cup in OT
                          Nebraska-Omaha - Biggest Weiner
                          Bemidji State - Best Beaver Tour
                          Duluth - Sandman KO'd but wins on a DQ
                          St. Cloud - Great Band
                          Northern Michigan - She gave my beads back

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                            I'd rather see the NCHC there every other yeat than the Target Center every year
                            You sad you'd like to see the NCHC at the Target center every other year. Where do you want to be the other year? The X when the Big Ten aren't there or are you thinking of some other location?

Pesonally I'd prefer a permanent site and just leave it like that. There was talk about a rotation between the Twin Cities, Denver, and Omaha. Hey I like Denver and Omaha but it is so nice to have it at the same place every year so you can plan accordingly.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              Sorry you're in the Big Ten. Gulity by association

Comment

NCHC's Future Tournament Home
                                Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                                What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Working...
                                X