X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Debunking the Myth – Who you play has a huge impact on attendance

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
    Congrats on reading the thread.
    Nice to see that you're off your meds again d-nozzle.
    Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
    Eric's Twitter
    The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Looks like somebody is a day early in the whole 4/20 thing.
      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Goon View Post
        UND has sold out games against lesser knowns UManitoba, Cornell, Harvard, RMU and Canisus at the REA in the past. There is not a lot to do on a cold winters night in Grand Forks, ND.
        Exactly.
        ND fan#1: "So do we go see the hockey game or go drink next to the tree tonight?"
        ND fan #2: "Why choose? Go to the game then afterwards go drink next to the tree!"

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
        Looks like somebody is a day early in the whole 4/20 thing.
        You can't expect the people partaking in the 4/20 thing to actually know what day it is.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
          -The seventh and eighth schools were only invited because the other six wanted to have a pair of whipping boys so the teams didn't just play .500 hockey and hurt their PWR. Because the seventh and eighth teams have ONE NCAA tournament win in their combined history.
          They were invited because the league needed 28 conference games. What held up their invites was Notre Dame's negotiating tactics.

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
            They were invited because the league needed 28 conference games. What held up their invites was Notre Dame's negotiating tactics.
            I believe the NCHC is going to have 24 conference games, correct?
            North Dakota
            National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
              I believe the NCHC is going to have 24 conference games, correct?
              Excuse me 24. The coaches don't want 28 because they feel it will be too brutal. The problem is finding the Non-conference opponents.

Comment

Excuse me 24. The coaches don't want 28 because they feel it will be too brutal. The problem is finding the Non-conference opponents.
                Sacred Heart, American Int'l, Canisius, Saint Mary's School for the Blind (err, Notre Dame), Pick a B1G school.

Hey look, I have your non-conference slate filled out for the next decade.
                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Sacred Heart, American Int'l, Canisius, Saint Mary's School for the Blind (err, Notre Dame), Pick a B1G school.

Hey look, I have your non-conference slate filled out for the next decade.
                  So a tougher Non-Conference schedule than the nWCHA Conference schedule.
                  Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                  when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                  Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Nice to see that you're off your meds again d-nozzle.
                    If you'd simply taken the time to read the thread then you MIGHT (I'm being optimistic here) have noticed that your comment was fully redundant.

Comment

UND has sold out games against lesser knowns UManitoba, Cornell, Harvard, RMU and Canisus at the REA in the past. There is not a lot to do on a cold winters night in Grand Forks, ND.
                      Yes, but fans know that the remainder of the games area gainst higher quality opponents. I know I wouldn't be pysched about season tickets if the typical game was against lesser knowns.

Comment

It's interesting to get the coaches take from someone in the know. Thanks again for nothing, pervert.
                        Last edited by ronmexico; 04-19-2012, 10:57 PM.
                        Originally posted by vizoroo
                        Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
                        Originally posted by duper
                        I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
                        Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
                        Originally posted by dggoddard
                        Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

No, the NCHC was founded because:
                          -Five schools felt that they shouldn't have to fly into Green Bay and bus the four hours North to Houghton
                          -Five schools felt they were "bankrolling" the "lesser" schools by participating in the league championship when the "lesser" schools repeatedly missed out.
                          -Five schools felt using the B1G conference as a scapegoat would cover their true intent.
                          -The sixth school came along because it didn't want to be the flag bearer for a "much weakened" conference when Notre Dame left for wherever their dart landed.
                          -The seventh and eighth schools were only invited because the other six wanted to have a pair of whipping boys so the teams didn't just play .500 hockey and hurt their PWR. Because the seventh and eighth teams have ONE NCAA tournament win in their combined history.
                          I know. You wouldn't believe the time I've spent going through the archives of this site for the 2002-2005 era to find out from WCHA fans at that time what I'm supposed to say when my team sucks balls but the conference they're in is good.

I tried using Mississippi State and Ole Miss football because it was easier to find but all they do is ring cowbells and chant "SEC! SEC!'. Was hoping for something deeper. Mississippi, I know.
                          Last edited by bronconick; 04-21-2012, 09:51 AM.
                          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                            I know. You wouldn't believe the time I've spent going through the archives of this site for the 2002-2005 era to find out from WCHA fans at that time what I'm supposed to say when my team sucks balls but the conference they're in is good.

I tried using Mississippi State and Ole Miss football because it was easier to find but all they do is ring cowbells and chant "SEC! SEC!'. Was hoping for something deeper. Mississippi, I know.
                            DG will tell you all you need to know...
                            Originally posted by vizoroo
                            Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
                            I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
                            Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
                            Originally posted by dggoddard
                            Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
                              If you'd simply taken the time to read the thread then you MIGHT (I'm being optimistic here) have noticed that your comment was fully redundant.
                              As are you...
                              Eric's Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                                Exactly.
                                ND fan#1: "So do we go see the hockey game or go drink next to the tree tonight?"
                                ND fan #2: "Why choose? Go to the game then afterwards go drink next to the tree!"
                                Trees? Wait, what?
                                Eric's Twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X