• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ecbrevik
    replied
    Re: The Greatest Programs of All-Time: #1-#59

Originally posted by burd View Post
    BC is 4th all time but unquestionably the class of the Jerry York era.
    fyp
    Last edited by ecbrevik; 09-08-2016, 03:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied

BC is 4th all time but unquestionably the class of the modern era.
    Preach!

Leave a comment:

• burd
    replied

BC is 4th all time but unquestionably the class of the modern era.

Leave a comment:

• Siouxfaninseattle
    replied

#4 – BOSTON COLLEGE EAGLES

Points earned in 2015-2016 10.3547 Points
    Points earned in past five seasons: 69.60428 Points
    Last Season Ranking: #5

The Eagles made their 25th appearance in the Frozen Four last season, the most in college hockey history, losing in the semis. The off-season has been an interesting one for BC. They lost seven players to the pros with college eligibility remaining, and will start the season with thirteen freshmen.

Leave a comment:

• burd
    replied

Originally posted by SjHockey View Post
    At one point didn't FS say Hobey Baker stuff played into the points? Michigan had 3 top 10 finalists last year.
    I suppose any points from having 3 finalists like UMich had last year would be offset by a deduction for how pathetic the school, team, coaches and fans must be not to win a banner with 3 finalists.

Just guessing that's true.

Leave a comment:

• SjHockey
    replied
    At one point didn't FS say Hobey Baker stuff played into the points? Michigan had 3 top 10 finalists last year.

Leave a comment:

• ecbrevik
    replied

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
    A couple of years ago I think FS23 said that Union's 45 points earned in their championship season was the highest single season total to date. In addition to the national championship, Union also won the ECAC regular season title and the playoff title that year.

Providence did neither of those in their championship run. UND won the Penrose last year, but busted out of the NCHC tournament. It seems obvious that UND's total will be somewhere between 30 and 45, my personal guess is about 40. I don't think that will be enough to surpass Michigan, but it will be close. After all, DU earned only about 5 points last year and they made the Frozen Four.
    A Frozen Four run is obviously good, but in the end DU didn't get any hardware last year. 4th in the NCHC regular season and 3rd in the conference tournament. Michigan won the BIG conference tournament last year but didn't make it to the Frozen Four. We'll get some insight into the value of conference tournament hardware versus a deeper NCAA run in FS23's formula when the UND and Michigan totals come out.

Leave a comment:

• Siouxfaninseattle
    replied

#5 – BOSTON UNIVERSITY TERRIERS

Points earned in 2015-2016 0.7149 Points
    Points earned in past five seasons: 27.82506 Points
    Last Season Ranking: #4

In spite of a 21 win season, the Terriers fell one spot in these rankings. Not winning any hardware and a first game exit from the national tournament did not help the point total, although they played 21 games against teams that made the tournament. BU will go into this season as a favorite to get to the Frozen Four with a very strong incoming class and four 1st round NHL picks.

Leave a comment:

• Siouxfaninseattle
    replied

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    FWIW, Point Gains of National Champions since 2010-2011 (when I finished the formula and began posting the results here):
    2010-2011: Minnesota Duluth - 38.8561
    2011-2012: Boston College - 38.8819
    2012-2013: Yale - 38.9796
    2013-2014: Union - 45.6630
    2014-2015: Providence - 30.2188
    2015-2016: North Dakota - ???????

As for DU only earning 5 points with a Frozen Four run, that is a bit low, but not the lowest. Nebraska Omaha earned around 5 points last season for their Frozen Four run, North Dakota only earned about 3 points in 2013-2014, and Notre Dame earned around 3.5 points in 2010-2011. On average, a Frozen Four run will earn a program around 8 points or so.
    Unless you have #5 ready, I have it ready to post.

Leave a comment:

• Fighting Sioux 23
    replied

A couple of years ago I think FS23 said that Union's 45 points earned in their championship season was the highest single season total to date. In addition to the national championship, Union also won the ECAC regular season title and the playoff title that year.

Providence did neither of those in their championship run. UND won the Penrose last year, but busted out of the NCHC tournament. It seems obvious that UND's total will be somewhere between 30 and 45, my personal guess is about 40. I don't think that will be enough to surpass Michigan, but it will be close. After all, DU earned only about 5 points last year and they made the Frozen Four.
    FWIW, Point Gains of National Champions since 2010-2011 (when I finished the formula and began posting the results here):
    2010-2011: Minnesota Duluth - 38.8561
    2011-2012: Boston College - 38.8819
    2012-2013: Yale - 38.9796
    2013-2014: Union - 45.6630
    2014-2015: Providence - 30.2188
    2015-2016: North Dakota - ???????

As for DU only earning 5 points with a Frozen Four run, that is a bit low, but not the lowest. Nebraska Omaha earned around 5 points last season for their Frozen Four run, North Dakota only earned about 3 points in 2013-2014, and Notre Dame earned around 3.5 points in 2010-2011. On average, a Frozen Four run will earn a program around 8 points or so.

Leave a comment:

• ecbrevik
    replied

Think happy thoughts.
    If I am surprised, I will be quite happy! I think UND will come very close, and will be set up for a potential pass next season. We'll find out soon.

Leave a comment:

• giwan
    replied

Think happy thoughts.
    Happy though is: Keep it going, no need to wait.

Leave a comment:

• burd
    replied

Originally posted by ecbrevik View Post
    UND has to make up a little more than 35 points on Michigan. Providence got 30 points in their national title year last year, and Michigan made the NCAAs and won a game this year so they will score some points. While UND will make up a lot of ground, netting 35+ points more than Michigan this year is a tall order. I'll be surprised if the top 2 change places.

Think happy thoughts.

Leave a comment:

• SJHovey
    replied

Originally posted by ecbrevik View Post
    UND has to make up a little more than 35 points on Michigan. Providence got 30 points in their national title year last year, and Michigan made the NCAAs and won a game this year so they will score some points. While UND will make up a lot of ground, netting 35+ points more than Michigan this year is a tall order. I'll be surprised if the top 2 change places.

Leave a comment:

• ecbrevik
    replied

If I'm a Michigan fan, I'm starting to feel like the days are getting short.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X