Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Go4PuckFan2.0 View Post
    Agreed!!

And to that end, I propose changing the subject to something less polarizing.

JDUBBS- I'm curious to hear your views on abortion.
    Believe it or not, I don't like talking politics. Doesn't interest me

Comment

• Re: NCAA era Program rankings-accomplishments only

Talking about accomplishments.. caught this a few days back..

here's a nice graph showing NCAA accomplishment in the NHL.. (thanks College Hockey Inc. for compiling)

http://collegehockeyinc.com/pages/gr...representation
      GO NU HOCKEY
      Always bullish on the future.
      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by northeastern View Post
        Talking about accomplishments.. caught this a few days back..

here's a nice graph showing NCAA accomplishment in the NHL.. (thanks College Hockey Inc. for compiling)

http://collegehockeyinc.com/pages/gr...representation
        Pretty cool. Great to see!

Also pretty cool to see most are Americans and majority were 4-year college players.

Comment

• Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
          Not sure exactly why you guys think you have the right to dictate what acceptable discourse is.
          Allow me to help, son.

No one on these boards is dictating what acceptable discourse is.

You know what that is first hand, don't cha?

People are taking exception to your bloviating and chest thumping.

Trust me. It's abrasive.

Let me axe you something:

Do you follow the NFL?

Do you know any Green Bay Packer fans?

Ever engage them in a discussion on the merits of the (insert NFL team here)

Do you recall the response?

That's what you sound like.

You sound like a college hockey version of an average Green Bay Packers fan.

Do all of us Gopher and non-Packer fans a favor.

Stop. It.

Comment

Originally posted by Go4PuckFan2.0 View Post

Stop. It.
            Hey now, I'm a Packer Fan!
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by Go4PuckFan2.0 View Post
              Allow me to help, son.

No one on these boards is dictating what acceptable discourse is.

You know what that is first hand, don't cha?

People are taking exception to your bloviating and chest thumping.

Trust me. It's abrasive.

Let me axe you something:

Do you follow the NFL?

Do you know any Green Bay Packer fans?

Ever engage them in a discussion on the merits of the (insert NFL team here)

Do you recall the response?

That's what you sound like.

You sound like a college hockey version of an average Green Bay Packers fan.

Stop. It.
              No offense, but I think posts like this (and the cartoon you so enjoyed) are much more disruptive and far more childish. I enjoy the discussion and have every right to continue. I have been respectful in my replies. If you don't want to engage in the discussion, then don't. If people stop engaging, the discussion will stop. But if others want to politely discuss the topic, I will (as is my right) continue.

I will, however, stop replying to these posts as not to further derail this thread with this nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                Hey now, I'm a Packer Fan!
                Me too.

And while I appreciate the unique franchise that it is and it's place in NFL history, I don't expect other fans to acknowledge anything about it.

Nor do I care if they do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                  Me too.

And while I appreciate the unique franchise that it is and it's place in NFL history, I don't expect other fans to acknowledge anything about it.

Yes, I'm sure you'd hold back if there was a discussion of similar nature regarding the NFL on a board you frequent. For some reason I utterly doubt that. Just like you refrain from throwing out the 6>5 here.

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
                    Yes, I'm sure you'd hold back if there was a discussion of similar nature regarding the NFL on a board you frequent. For some reason I utterly doubt that.

I wouldn't. Try me now.

I'm comfortable and don't feel threatened if someone else doesn't "get it" when it comes to my teams or if someone likes their own history of following their team.

Viking fan? Power to you. Hate your team. Want to beat them.

Don't begrudge you for liking them better.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                      Me too.

Nor would i spend my time replying to every other post in a thread accounting for over half the posts to defend my point that the packers have more accomplishments because of their special place as the only publicly owned franchise in professional sports.
                      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

PS - I grew up a Packer fan (in Bears country no less) in the 70s & 80s. Taught me a LOT about humility.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                          Nor would i spend my time replying to every other post in a thread accounting for over half the posts to defend my point that the packers have more accomplishments because of their special place as the only publicly owned franchise in professional sports.
                          If you don't enjoy that type of discussion, you probably wouldn't. But you are wasting a whole lot of time trying to make me look bad. Something I would argue is equally trivial, and far more childish

Comment

• Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
                            If you don't want to engage in the discussion, then don't. If people stop engaging, the discussion will stop.
                            No, the discussion will continue.

At some point it'll just continue without anyone taking your comments into consideration. You'll be ignored.

Carry on, Gerbschmidt.

Comment

Originally posted by Go4PuckFan2.0 View Post
                              No, the discussion will continue.

At some point it'll just continue without anyone taking your comments into consideration. You'll be ignored.

Carry on, Gerbschmidt.
                              wonderful comparison...so what were we talking about before all of this sidetracking?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                                wonderful comparison...so what were we talking about before all of this sidetracking?
                                This.... (post directly before the post in reply to a nearly year old post of mine that started this discussion):

Originally posted by GopherBigGuy911 View Post
                                If you are counting NCAA Championships..... Then Bemidji State should be kicking EVERYONE'S ***. :P

Comment

Working...
                                X