NCAA era Program rankings-accomplishments only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NCAA era Program rankings-accomplishments only

You're not paying attention, Red, it's because they only recruit from within their borders. It hasn't worked for their other teams, but they are obvious out-liers, and inconsistent with the rule.

It hasn't worked for "their other teams"??? Yes it has worked for many of them, actually. But when you have more sports than 90% of colleges out there, yeah, there will be a few its not going to work for, especially when the locals don't care so much. What are we supposed to do? Spend millions of dollars trying to force Minnesota residents to get into sports they aren't into, just because UMn supports one of those teams? LOL. Whatever dude.

Comment

[QUOTE]Actually, I could care less about Minnesota. I just happen to be reading this thread and saw that. If you really want to convince people about your side of something, you should get your facts straight first. Otherwise, you don't have any credibility. [/QUOTE

Scott K --

I don't actually think he was criticizing me, but someone else, I just thought it was weak, so I let it be known that is how I felt. I doubt it was me he was talking about, because I don't think I'd ever refer to the Hockey Hall of Fame as the "NHL Hall of Fame". But if I did, that's hardly the kind of mistake that should destroy someone's credibility.

Let the person who is without error or mistakes, who is perfect in all knowledge and wisdom cast/post the first nitpicking criticism. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Back2BackU-MnPride2002 View Post

Michigan only has something like 6 US Hockey Hall of Famers as far as I could find, and half of those were Minnesota boys who were stolen out of Minnesota while Mariucci was struggling because of his policy to recruit only Americans. So surely Michigan is happy Mariucci had that principle. Williard Ikola and John Matcheffs off the top of my head were two of Michigan's earliest super stars. Or maybe Michigan didn't steal them, its just as possible that those player's coach, Cliff Thompson, may have told them about or advised them about going to Michigan?
        It should be noted at the time Minnesota didn't give out hockey scholarships like Michigan did back then.
        Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
        dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
        wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Now just to make sure I'm not misrepresenting any school's # of US Hockey Hall of Famers, I'll list the #s as I have them, and if they are wrong, I welcome anybody to point out where my #s are mistaken.

This is what I have,

1. Minnesota ---- 26 total - 18 inductees as individuals + 8 inductees as part of a team.
          2. Harvard U ---- 15 total - 13 inductees as individuals + 2 inductees as part of a team.
          3. Dartmouth ---- 9 total - 9 inductees as individuals + 0 inductees as part of a team.
          4. Boston Univ --- 8 total - 3 inductees as individuals + 5 inductees as part of a team.
          5. Boston Coll ---- 7 total - 7 inductees as individuals + 0 inductees as part of a team.
          6. U Michigan ---- 6 total - 6 inductees as individuals + 0 inductees as part of a team.
          7. UMn-Duluth --- 5 total - 3 inductees as individuals + 2 inductees as part of a team.
          8. U Wisconsin --- 5 total - 3 inductees as individuals + 2 inductees as part of a team.
          9. Eveleth Jr C --- 3 total - 3 inductees as individuals + 0 inductees as part of a team.
          t9. U Nrth Dak --- 3 total - 2 inductees as individuals + 1 inductee as part of a team.
          t9. Bwling Grn --- 3 total - 1 inductee as an individual + 2 inductees as part of a team.
          t12. Yale Univ ---- 2 total - 2 inductees as individuals + 0 inductees as part of a team.
          t12. ColoradoC --- 2 total - 2 inductees as individuals + 0 inductees as part of a team.
          t12. St Thmas ---- 2 total - 2 inductees as individuals + 0 inductees as part of a team.
          t12. St Mary's ---- 2 total - 2 inductees as individuals + 0 inductees as part of a team.
          t12. Mich State --- 2 total - 0 inductees as individuals + 2 inductees as part of a team.
          t17. Princeton ----- 1 total - 1 inductee as an individual + 0 inductees as part of a team.
          t17. St Cloud St --- 1 total - 1 inductee as an individual + 0 inductees as part of a team.
          t17. Denver Univ -- 1 total - 1 inductee as an individual + 0 inductees as part of a team.
          t17. Notre Dme --- 1 total - 1 inductee as an individual + 0 inductees as part of a team.
          t17. New Hamp --- 1 total - 1 inductee as an individual + 0 inductees as part of a team.
          t17. Mich Tech ---- 1 total - 1 inductee as an individual + 0 inductees as part of a team.
          t17. Colgate U ---- 1 total - 1 inductee as an individual + 0 inductees as part of a team.
          t17. Providence --- 1 total - 1 inductee as an individual + 0 inductees as part of a team.
          t17. U of Illinois --- 1 total - 1 inductee as an individual + 0 inductees as part of a team.
          t17. Norwich U ---- 1 total - 1 inductee as an individual + 0 inductees as part of a team.

List has been updated with all team members. These are the #s I could glean from the bios at the US Hockey Hall of Fame site. It's good to double check, because I missed a couple for the Gophers my first time through.
          Last edited by Back2BackU-MnPride2002; 03-18-2013, 03:47 AM.

Comment

Which reminds me: anybody know a good deprogrammer?

A friend of a friend appears to be in a downward spiral that is accelerating.

Comment

[QUOTE=Back2BackU-MnPride2002;5671555]
              Actually, I could care less about Minnesota. I just happen to be reading this thread and saw that. If you really want to convince people about your side of something, you should get your facts straight first. Otherwise, you don't have any credibility. [/QUOTE

Scott K --

I don't actually think he was criticizing me, but someone else, I just thought it was weak, so I let it be known that is how I felt. I doubt it was me he was talking about, because I don't think I'd ever refer to the Hockey Hall of Fame as the "NHL Hall of Fame". But if I did, that's hardly the kind of mistake that should destroy someone's credibility.

Let the person who is without error or mistakes, who is perfect in all knowledge and wisdom cast/post the first nitpicking criticism. lol
              The "Hockey Hall of Fame" is the exclusive creation of the NHL. I added the "NHL" to the "Hockey Hall of Fame" to prevent some homer from claiming it owes its existence to Minnesota.

Comment

B2BU said some stuff here that I quoted by selecting REPLY TO QUOTE before deleting it and adding this instead.
                Back2BackU- On the lower right of any person's post it says "Reply With Quote". If you click on it, it will pop up a reply box with that person's quote already in it. It's nifty, you should definitely try it.
                Originally posted by WiscTJK
                I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                Originally posted by Timothy A
                Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

The "Hockey Hall of Fame" is the exclusive creation of the NHL. I added the "NHL" to the "Hockey Hall of Fame" to prevent some homer from claiming it owes its existence to Minnesota.

But its NOT the NHL Hall of Fame. Calling it that implies that you have to have played or coached in the NHL to gain entry into the Hall. You don't. There are several players and coaches in the Hockey Hall of Fame who never played or coached in the NHL.

But I'm not a nitpicker, I don't care what you call it, I'm intelligent enough to know what you are talking about whether you use your made up name for it, or the recognized name for it, or a nickname for it. As long as the context is clear, it shouldn't be that tough.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                    Back2BackU- On the lower right of any person's post it says "Reply With Quote". If you click on it, it will pop up a reply box with that person's quote already in it. It's nifty, you should definitely try it.

What do you know? An old dog CAN learn a new trick, lol.

Comment

But its NOT the NHL Hall of Fame. Calling it that implies that you have to have played or coached in the NHL to gain entry into the Hall. You don't. There are several players and coaches in the Hockey Hall of Fame who never played or coached in the NHL.

But I'm not a nitpicker, I don't care what you call it, I'm intelligent enough to know what you are talking about whether you use your made up name for it, or the recognized name for it, or a nickname for it. As long as the context is clear, it shouldn't be that tough.
                      Calling it that "implies" nothing. Using "NHL" as an adjective specifies which hockey hall of fame is being discussed. After all, there is a U.S. Hockey Hall of Fame, a Minnesota Hockey Hall of Fame, a University of Minnesota Hockey Hall of Fame. There must be at least a couple dozen hockey halls of fame in Minnesota, and by the sounds of previous posts on this thread some Minnesota hockey fans are convinced that hockey is all about their state, and perhaps even all about their township. I didn't want some zealot belaboring me with a list of local hockey heros on a plaque in their village square.

Comment

Originally posted by Osorojo View Post
                        Calling it that "implies" nothing. Using "NHL" as an adjective specifies which hockey hall of fame is being discussed. After all, there is a U.S. Hockey Hall of Fame, a Minnesota Hockey Hall of Fame, a University of Minnesota Hockey Hall of Fame. There must be at least a couple dozen hockey halls of fame in Minnesota, and by the sounds of previous posts on this thread some Minnesota hockey fans are convinced that hockey is all about their state, and perhaps even all about their township. I didn't want some zealot belaboring me with a list of local hockey heros on a plaque in their village square.

As for there being so many Halls of Fame in Minnesota? LOL

No one needs to list local hockey heroes on a plaque in their village square, BECAUSE...

The Hockey Hall of Fame(what you call the NHL HOF) has THREE Minnesota Gophers enshrined there.

Don't know of another school that has that many?!

And the US Hockey Hall of Fame has TWO DOZEN Minnesota Gophers enshrined there.

That's 23%, almost 1/4th of the American College Hockey players in the US Hall, are Gophers!!!

The US Hockey Hall of Fame just happens to be located in Eveleth, Minnesota. Why is that?!

HA, funny I should assume you were going to ask, lol.

That's easy, because at one point in recent history, close to ONE-THIRD of the people in the US Hockey Hall of Fame, were from Eveleth, and close to HALF were from Minnesota.

YEAH, 33% from ONE SINGLE LITTLE TOWN!!!!!

And yeah, HALF, 50% from one state. So its not hard to believe that some Minnesota hockey fan would think that hockey is all about their state, because in some ways, it could be argued that it is at least HALF about their state. 50% is at least half of all. right?! lol

Is it really that hard to understand?!

Comment

So then why does Minnesota win a national title less than once per decade?
                          If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

It's EASY to understand "33% from ONE SINGLE LITTLE TOWN" when the hall of fame is located there. The elite 33% were selected AFTER the U.S. Hockey Hall of Fame was established in Eveleth and its governing board selected there. Causes occur BEFORE effects. That's not so hard to understand, now is it?
                            For example, the Frisbee Hall of Fame is in East Bethel Minnesota. Would it surprise anyone, even you, to learn that after it was established large percentage of Frisbee Hall of Fame members are from Minnesota, especially the East Bethel area? Remember, causes PRECEDE effects!

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                              So then why does Minnesota win a national title less than once per decade?
                              Inferior talent

Comment

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Comment

Working...
                                X