X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LynahFan
    replied
    Re: ECAC 2013 Who will Lead

I thought it was a completely apropos response: Skate79 said that Cornell would be too "emotionally wounded" to play Harvard next year, when the fact is that Cornell had already regrouped the very next night. So much for Skate79's theory.

Leave a comment:

• French Rage
    replied

Actually in all fairness I mistakenly thought Skate79 was a Colgate fan and was trying to brag about sweeping us in the regular season, so my response was us beating them in the tourny and gaining a NCAA bid because of that final win (or rather, not losing one due to losing that game). So my response did not make sense given the context of the poster's allegiance.

Though it does sort of work by mentioning the game that got us into the NCAAs whereas Harvard did not (which is unfortunate, as I'm sure Hockey East would have liked the chance to get another team into the second round). Congrats, you beat us bad in the semis and had a nice little run in the spring there, next time try a) either having a run in the first half of the season so a later run means something or b) continue that run through the finals to get an auto-bid so that the run means something.

Leave a comment:

• Skate79
    replied

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
    Seriously. Cornell had a successful season. Harvard has to hang all their bragging rights on that one game, 'cause they got nothing else to go on.
    Seems to me that prior to the season, everyone was picking Harvard to finish in the bottom six of the league. Given where they finished, I'd say that is something to brag about. Especially given how the past few seasons have gone for us.

Leave a comment:

• joecct
    replied

Originally posted by drshoen View Post
    Clarkson has a huge unknown in net - with Karpo gone, and the remaining goaltenders with almost no experience, and new recruits coming to challenge for starting spots, it's hard to guess what will happen. I think offense and defense will both improve, but without a backstopper it will be hard to challenge for top 4, much less top 1 or 2.
    They had a backstopper who, for most of his 4 years, had a swiss cheese defense in front of him. If the team D improves, then we won't need the goalie to be perfect every night. Just don't lose the game is all I'm asking.

Leave a comment:

• bothman
    replied
    Originally posted by css228 View Post
    Havard can't even get a third place in the Beanpot. What in the world makes you think they could have beaten Michigan?
    The Harvard team that beat Cornell 6-....would they have beaten Michigan? Absolutely!

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

Havard can't even get a third place in the Beanpot. What in the world makes you think they could have beaten Michigan?
    Dude, Michigan sucks. 3-8-1 against the capital district. Even you guys got up to .500 on them with your win in the regionals (3-3-1).

Leave a comment:

• kdiff77
    replied

Because Northeastern is 10 times better than Michigan!

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

Originally posted by bothman View Post
    Nothing like a little ole' time hockey from Fat Mike!
    He could be blaming the whole thing on the officiating.

Leave a comment:

• css228
    replied

Originally posted by bothman View Post
    Which is too bad because outside of Union, the ECAC was not represented by the teams playing best at that time. It was very clear who was playing better hockey down the stretch. Nothing was more certain after that 6-1 beatdown where COrnell was reduced to gooning it up.

Leave a comment:

• bothman
    replied
    Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
    Seriously. Cornell had a successful season. Harvard has to hang all their bragging rights on that one game, 'cause they got nothing else to go on.
    Which is too bad because outside of Union, the ECAC was not represented by the teams playing best at that time. It was very clear who was playing better hockey down the stretch. Nothing was more certain after that 6-1 beatdown where COrnell was reduced to gooning it up.

Leave a comment:

• LynahFan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• css228
    replied

Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
    Wow, yeah, a win in the consolation game. Really impressive. Congrats.
    Unlike a certain team in the league, we've actually won an NCAA tournament game in the last 18 years. In fact, we've won more NCAA tournament games than said program has played in during that time. One loss in AC that didn't even prevent us from going to the NCAA tournament and almost getting to the Frozen Four really doesn't bother me much given that it was supposed to be a rebuilding year.

Leave a comment:

• Skate79
    replied

Wow, yeah, a win in the consolation game. Really impressive. Congrats.

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

What, we're only going to play 22 games next season?? Oh darn, well, okay we'll skip playing Cornell because they're too wounded emotionally to play us, we'll give Clarkson and SLU a pass because it's too far to drive from North Country to Cambridge (and gas may hit $5 a gallon by next November) and we'll give hockey clinics in New Haven and Hamden because Connecticut is more than just a Nutmeg state. How's that?
    Fine... 0-2-27 (we know you're not winning in the Beanpot already )

Leave a comment:

• French Rage
    replied

we'll skip playing Cornell because they're too wounded emotionally to play us
    http://www.uscho.com/box/mens-hockey...te-vs-cornell/

Leave a comment:

Working...
X