ECAC 2013 Who will Lead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ECAC 2013 Who will Lead

It's difficult to replace an Austin Smith and Chris Wagner, but Colgate should be in the mix with a good bunch of recruits coming in to augment scoring by Robbie Bourdon, Kurtis Bartliff etc. and some D-men with experience. Mihalik should continue to move upward among ECAC goalies with another year behind him.
    COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Is it fair to say that the team that (pick a poster) roots for will be in the top four contender?
      Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
        Is it fair to say that the team that (pick a poster) roots for will be in the top four contender?
        Absolutely not.

I am an ardent Brown fan and I'd be shocked if they finish any better than 11th.
        Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

The ECAC was so bunched up last year, and there is no reason 2012-2013 will be different. Except for Union and Cornell, you could probably invert the table this year and not be too far off.

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
            Absolutely not.

I am an ardent Brown fan and I'd be shocked if they finish any better than 11th.
            Hey, we should see some improvement this year. I'll say 10th.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeMalloy View Post
              Union is likely to dominate this league for the next decade or more. Cornell seems to be the only Ivy that consistently tries to compete - Yale will pop up now and again. Until Clarkson or Saint Lawrence powers up Union will have no competitors.
              I haven't stopped laughing at this post. While Union had a great season, you really expect them to dominate for the next 10 years or so?? What planet are you logging in from? Cornell will be good but how did they do in this year's tournament? Oh right, they got creamed by Harvard. A Harvard team that loses only Alex Killorn as a significant player and returns their D, goaltending and a very good incoming class.

The ECAC will be competitive because the coaches in the league will be pushed by programs inside and outside the conference to excel. Otherwise, they'll be seeking employment elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
                Oh right, they got creamed by Harvard. A Harvard team that loses only Alex Killorn as a significant player and returns their D, goaltending and a very good incoming class.
                So that means they'll be going 0-0-22 next year?

Comment

Union is clearly set for the next ten years -- assuming they can find good players with 10 years of eligibility.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    Undefeated!

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
                      Undefeated!
                      Also winless.

Comment

With the news that Grosenick is returning, Schott offers the following:

With Grosenick returning, Union should be the favorites to win a third straight ECAC Hockey title and a second consecutive ECACH tournament championship, which could lead to greater things in the NCAA tournament.
                        A promising recruiting class doesn't hurt either.

http://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs/...junior-season/

Comment

I think you are mistaking them for Harvard.
                          YALE HOCKEY
                          2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                            I think you are mistaking them for Harvard.
                            I was talking about Harvard, hence why I got rid of the Cornell mumbo-jumbo in the quotation.

Comment

What, we're only going to play 22 games next season?? Oh darn, well, okay we'll skip playing Cornell because they're too wounded emotionally to play us, we'll give Clarkson and SLU a pass because it's too far to drive from North Country to Cambridge (and gas may hit $5 a gallon by next November) and we'll give hockey clinics in New Haven and Hamden because Connecticut is more than just a Nutmeg state. How's that?

Comment

Brown will be ok, I guess. Ryan Jacobson had a good year but who the hell knows about goal with Clemente gone. I'd expect a 'slight' improvement from last year. I'll be curious to see if Union can keep it going. Either way, a Cornell epic fail as usual will happen at some point
                                Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X