Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ECAC 2013 Who will Lead

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ECAC 2013 Who will Lead

    Which Schools will lead the ECAC next year? Cornell looks very Strong. Will the league continue to be very competitive? What about St. Lawrence?, Clarkson?, Yale? Will Brown improve? Who takes the Cleary? The Tournament? Does Harvard make it to the Frozen Four?
    DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
    DANGER - MEN AT WORK

  • #2
    Re: ECAC 2013 Who will Lead

    The favorites (based solely on who is coming back and we know that there are many more ingredients that matter) have to be Union, Cornell, and Harvard.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: ECAC 2013 Who will Lead

      Yale is still too much of a young rebuilding work in progress to even speculate about them. The loss of O'Neill is huge and I do not see anyone on the team replacing his points except possibly Langanierre or Agostino. Andrew Miller will also have to step up his offensive scoring and use his moves to score goals and not make so many passes. The incoming crop looks good but with 6 freshmen and 7 sophomores on the team it will still be a tough row to hoe. Jeff Malcolm Nick Maricic do provide decent goaltending though.

      Returning forwards and defense
      Gms G A T
      17 Andrew Miller F SR | 34 7 29 36
      18 Kenny Agostino (PIT) F JR | 33 14 20 34
      28 Antoine Laganiere F SR | 35 19 14 33
      20 Jesse Root F JR | 33 7 17 24
      15 Clinton Bourbonais F JR | 34 7 14 21
      22 Tommy Fallen D SO | 35 4 16 20
      21 Colin Dueck D SR | 33 3 11 14
      2 Gus Young (COL) D JR | 35 3 9 12
      19 Anthony Day F SO | 18 4 2 6
      26 Nicholas Weberg F SO | 20 2 4 6
      7 Matt Killian D SO | 31 1 5 6
      12 Trent Ruffolo F SO | 18 3 2 5
      8 Josh Balch F SR| 34 2 2 4
      13 Brad Peltz (OTT) F JR | 9 1 0 1
      16 Alex Ward F SO | 1 0 0 0
      YALE HOCKEY
      2013 National Champions

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: ECAC 2013 Who will Lead

        Union is likely to dominate this league for the next decade or more. Cornell seems to be the only Ivy that consistently tries to compete - Yale will pop up now and again. Until Clarkson or Saint Lawrence powers up Union will have no competitors.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: ECAC 2013 Who will Lead

          Originally posted by JakeMalloy View Post
          Union is likely to dominate this league for the next decade or more. Cornell seems to be the only Ivy that consistently tries to compete - Yale will pop up now and again. Until Clarkson or Saint Lawrence powers up Union will have no competitors.
          And it begins anew...
          Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

          WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: ECAC 2013 Who will Lead

            Originally posted by jericho View Post
            And it begins anew...
            Another long, hot summer filled with all kinds of mirages...
            Here we come!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: ECAC 2013 Who will Lead

              Probably RPI or are they moving to HE?

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: ECAC 2013 Who will Lead

                Originally posted by JakeMalloy View Post
                Union is likely to dominate this league for the next decade or more.
                I stopped right there. Union almost didn't win the one seed this year, and dropped 3 of possible points against Cornell, yet people are acting like they ran away with the league. Let's not pretend the results of the season didn't happen. Cornell was pretty much as good as Union this year. Otherwise they wouldn't have had the inside track to the one seed on the last day of the season, or been half a period away from the Frozen Four. Also let's not pretend 32 points isn't an incredibly low total for winning the league. Maybe if they had 36 or 38 I'd agree with you, but given who Cornell returns next year, my money is on them to win the league. In fact, I think that Cornell is a legitimate national title contender for the next two years (Union should be too). We've seen this same story with runs from Clarkson, Harvard, Princeton, and Yale all taking their turns being near the top of the league this last decade. The only constant has been the Big Red. I'm more than willing to bet that for the next decade, the constant will still be Cornell.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: ECAC 2013 Who will Lead

                  Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
                  Probably RPI or are they moving to HE?
                  May I suggest?... enjoy the summer. Enjoy the season just past.

                  There will be time enough to wait and see who turns pro, who enrolls, who heals from injury etc, and then, this fall, who's ready to lead next season... or even the next decade.
                  Last edited by fr joe; 04-12-2012, 10:35 PM.
                  Here we come!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: ECAC 2013 Who will Lead

                    No reason to think Union won't be towards the top again. They're losing a few key pieces (Welsh, Zajac, Julseth-White) but also bring a lot back and have several promising recruits coming in.... Andrew Johnston, David Roy, Sebastian Gingras, Matt Wilkins to name a few.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: ECAC 2013 Who will Lead

                      Originally posted by css228 View Post
                      I stopped right there. Union almost didn't win the one seed this year, and dropped 3 of possible points against Cornell, yet people are acting like they ran away with the league. Let's not pretend the results of the season didn't happen. Cornell was pretty much as good as Union this year. Otherwise they wouldn't have had the inside track to the one seed on the last day of the season, or been half a period away from the Frozen Four. Also let's not pretend 32 points isn't an incredibly low total for winning the league. Maybe if they had 36 or 38 I'd agree with you, but given who Cornell returns next year, my money is on them to win the league. In fact, I think that Cornell is a legitimate national title contender for the next two years (Union should be too). We've seen this same story with runs from Clarkson, Harvard, Princeton, and Yale all taking their turns being near the top of the league this last decade. The only constant has been the Big Red. I'm more than willing to bet that for the next decade, the constant will still be Cornell.
                      And Cornell couldn't even beat the team that spent most of the year in the basement. It's not like they were running away with it, either.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: ECAC 2013 Who will Lead

                        Clarkson has a huge unknown in net - with Karpo gone, and the remaining goaltenders with almost no experience, and new recruits coming to challenge for starting spots, it's hard to guess what will happen. I think offense and defense will both improve, but without a backstopper it will be hard to challenge for top 4, much less top 1 or 2.
                        Not a real doctor, nor do I play one on TV!
                        Clarkson 1990

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: ECAC 2013 Who will Lead

                          Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                          And Cornell couldn't even beat the team that spent most of the year in the basement. It's not like they were running away with it, either.
                          I never said they were. I'm just sick of the perception that Union ran away with the league. It didn't happen and we shouldn't act like it did. This wasn't 2002-2003 when Cornell had 38, Harvard was in the mid 30s and no one else was within 10 points of Cornell. I'm just saying that we should expect another tight race next year. Just like this year.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: ECAC 2013 Who will Lead

                            While I don't think they'll take the crown, I do expect Quinnipiac will be a force (top 4) in the league next year.
                            Quinnipiac Bobcats
                            2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21 ECAC Regular Season Champions
                            2013 East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
                            2014 East Regional
                            2015 West Regional
                            2016 ECAC Tournament Champions, East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
                            2019 Midwest Regional
                            2021 West Regional

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: ECAC 2013 Who will Lead

                              Originally posted by jericho View Post
                              And it begins anew...
                              ECAC hockey - founded in 2009, apparently.

                              Cornell '04, Stanford '06


                              KDR

                              Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

                              Test to see if I can add this.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X