X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scsutommyboy
    replied
    Re: NCAA Hockey - Who's Making $$$, Who's Not

The question is what do they consider an expense? Is cost of scholarship money included in that? If so, that is one major factor in how much it cost a school. Of course that is funny money since the school already has teachers and classes and giving players free classes really doesn't cost the school a full cost of a regular student.

Leave a comment:

• Hammer
    replied

We'll go with one of them too.

Leave a comment:

• Dirty
    replied

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
    It looks like they drew less revenue than all other reporting schools in D-1.

If that's what they're saying, I smell a rat the size of a hippopotamus.
    I believe the word you are looking for is capybara.

Leave a comment:

• state of hockey
    replied
    Originally posted by Hammer View Post
    Rodents of unusual size? I don't think they exist.

Leave a comment:

• Hammer
    replied

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
    Notre Dame made less in revenue than American International?

.....................the hell?
    It looks like they drew less revenue than all other reporting schools in D-1.

Leave a comment:

• JDUBBS1280
    replied

Again, the numbers are what the schools reported to the government. I don't know how each school got the numbers they reported.

Leave a comment:

• aparch
    replied

Originally posted by BUPhD View Post
    So this means that BC wins the showcase showdown and gets both showcass?
    No, because 22 other schools ALSO were exactly correct in spending the exact amount they reported as income.

Creative bookkeeping makes this report practically useless. Unless you wanted to know that the University of Minnesota openly admits that Hockey keeps their other sports programs afloat. Or that Football keeps the Notre Dame hockey program afloat.

Leave a comment:

• BUPhD
    replied
    Originally posted by Alton View Post

(2) If even one school had exactly the same revenue and expenses, it would be an amazing coincidence. However, if you look at the chart, 23 of the 56 schools list revenues and expenses the same down to the last dollar! How did BC know to spend exactly $3,702,040 on their hockey program? Amazing how they nailed that guess...too bad Denver went $1 over!.
    So this means that BC wins the showcase showdown and gets both showcass?

Leave a comment:

• burd
    replied

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
    My guess is it has something to do with the KC. You got to pay people to convert it to ice and back. With how often that happens, it could add up quickly. That and all the paint thinner they have to provide for players' post game parties. Those two facts alone could easily be 1-2 million.
    No--it's the diapers for the Minnesota players.

Leave a comment:

• Pigfarmer
    replied
    My observation ..... There is creative bookkeeping plus and minus at most of those universities

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

EZ$C?

Leave a comment:

• bronconick
    replied

Notre Dame made less in revenue than American International?

.....................the hell?

Leave a comment:

• Tiggsy
    replied

I don't trust those numbers.

(1) The revenue numbers might be reasonably accurate (although I suspect that each school has a different way of calculating revenues), but the expenses are all over the place. I simply don't buy the idea that Wisconsin spends more than twice as much on its hockey program as Minnesota. Why? Where are those 2 million dollars being spent in Madison that aren't being spent in Minneapolis?
    My guess is it has something to do with the KC. You got to pay people to convert it to ice and back. With how often that happens, it could add up quickly. That and all the paint thinner they have to provide for players' post game parties. Those two facts alone could easily be 1-2 million.

Leave a comment:

• JB
    replied

I don't trust those numbers.

(1) The revenue numbers might be reasonably accurate (although I suspect that each school has a different way of calculating revenues), but the expenses are all over the place. I simply don't buy the idea that Wisconsin spends more than twice as much on its hockey program as Minnesota. Why? Where are those 2 million dollars being spent in Madison that aren't being spent in Minneapolis?

(2) If even one school had exactly the same revenue and expenses, it would be an amazing coincidence. However, if you look at the chart, 23 of the 56 schools list revenues and expenses the same down to the last dollar! How did BC know to spend exactly $3,702,040 on their hockey program? Amazing how they nailed that guess...too bad Denver went $1 over!

The numbers that schools report are going to be self-serving, and there is no way to ensure that they are calculated in the same way (or even a remotely similar way).
    Agree with this but JDUBBS is just reporting the numbers that were found.

For example UNH Hockey has long supported the atheletic department. Somehow UNH is moving funds from hockey to the deparment in general and poof no profit.

Leave a comment:

• Nick Papagiorgio
    replied

I sure hope Minnesota didn't make any of their revenue from out-of-state sources!

How could anyone envy something like that?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X