Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NCAA Hockey - Who's Making $$$, Who's Not

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
    SCSU does the same. For a small fee every student is a season ticket holder whether they like it (or know it) or not
    RPI students still have to pay for tickets although at a cheaper rate than the general public.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by MichFan View Post
      9. I was surprised to see Cornell behind RPI, Clarkson, and Colgate in revenues. With that program's success and its rich and loyal alumni, not to mention the demand on campus for tickets to Lynah, I expected Cornell to be first in the ECAC easily.
      Cornell needs to hire the person running Colgate's concessions, parking, and ancillary fund raising.

Our season tix were $300.00 each (Colgate's highest is $200.00).
      Student tickets at Cornell are $13.00 per game (Colgate's are free).
      Cornell's average attendance was 4,238 (Colgate's was 1,294), though Colgate did have three more games.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        RPI students still have to pay for tickets although at a cheaper rate than the general public.
        I could be wrong, but I think most schools do. However at SCSU students never pull out a dime unless they host the first round of the playoffs to pay the NC$$. Even the Gopher games where you need tickets in advance, you just go down with your student ID. And the interesting thing about that was you didn't need a student to show up for every ID, so I went down there once with I wanna say 26 IDs and was given 52 tickets, one per ID per night.
        tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

With regard to the weirdly similar numbers and multiple break-even programs, I figured that just meant that some schools submitted prior years' results (although you still can't tell what they may have included or left out) while others submitted next year's budgets (which would always show a net of zero). Is that not right? I'm certainly no accountant.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
            I could be wrong, but I think most schools do. However at SCSU students never pull out a dime unless they host the first round of the playoffs to pay the NC$$ WCHA. Even the Gopher games where you need tickets in advance, you just go down with your student ID. And the interesting thing about that was you didn't need a student to show up for every ID, so I went down there once with I wanna say 26 IDs and was given 52 tickets, one per ID per night.
            Fixed your post.

Hosting of first/second rounds of league championships is run by the individual leagues. Any ticket prices are set by the individual leagues.
            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
            X