Brown Hockey 2012-2013:Climbing the ECAC Ladder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Brown Hockey 2012-2013:Climbing the ECAC Ladder

The quest for a title continues!! Great game for Brown all aroound. Except for the last 4-5 minutes of the second, Bruno dominated the Engineers. RPI except for that short period seemed to be playing more individual hockey than team hockey. Undoubtedly RPI missed the senior leadership of its terrific Dman Baillen and Brown took advantage.

When Brown scored first you could sense it was Brown's night. Even after RPI came back with 2 quick ones, that feeling was not gone. You could tell Brown was not losing any composure. Watching the players come off their shifts, it was a good sign for me that a Brown coach was right with them, apparently with some words of encouragement. I never, never saw that in the Grillo era. But the last two minutes were nonetheless nailbiting times. It took me 15 minutes to get my heartbeat rate down. Thankfully, I only had a 15 minute drive home.

I took my grandkids to the game again and apparently they heard a Brown fan talking about Roy. They asked me about it, and they could not understand why a player would do that, much less leave Brown. They agreed to take up a collection to buy a bus ticket for Roy to AC!!

Comment

PC fan here....Why did Roy decommit from Brown again? By far the best player Northeastern had this season.
      Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

With Q winning in 2OT, it is Brown v. Q on Friday. I understand that Q can decide whether to play the early or late game, and I assume if true Q will play the late game. Should be a good one. The one and done makes it an exciting one as well.

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
          PC fan here....Why did Roy decommit from Brown again? By far the best player Northeastern had this season.
          The last we heard it had something to do with Jon.

Comment

Originally posted by UnionHockeyManiac View Post
            Congratulations to Brown!

See U in AC! Do you think a lot of fans will make the trip down?
            I am sure the hardcore 50+ at the RPI series will make it. Hard to tell otherwise. But I assume U will bring a lot. U fans are great, and I don't mind when over the years I end up with a ticket in your midst. Knowledgeable as well which makes for great hockey talk.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hutter View Post
              With Q winning in 2OT, it is Brown v. Q on Friday. I understand that Q can decide whether to play the early or late game, and I assume if true Q will play the late game. Should be a good one. The one and done makes it an exciting one as well.
              If Q decides to play the late game they will be the only top seed to ever do that. Why in the world if you have the choice pick the late game??? If the 1st games runs into OT you never know when your game is gonna start. If it runs 2 or 3 OT's then your players will be up playing till past midnight and if your game runs into OT???? Your players will have a shorter rest for the championship game the next night. No way in hell Q chooses the late game on Friday Mike.
              Last edited by vicb; 03-17-2013, 10:58 PM.
              Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
              And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
              WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
              If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Congrats to Brown. We'll see you Friday in AC.
                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                2023 National Champions
                ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Unfortunately, Brown is on spring break this week, so I don't think the band will be there. Too bad. Hopefully there will be a decent contingent that makes it down.

Comment

Nice upset, see you in AC
                    YALE HOCKEY
                    2013 National Champions

Comment

Way to go!
                      GO NU HOCKEY
                      Always bullish on the future.
                      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
                        If Q decides to play the late game they will be the only top seed to ever do that. Why in the world if you have the choice pick the late game??? If the 1st games runs into OT you never know when your game is gonna start. If it runs 2 or 3 OT's then your players will be up playing till past midnight and if your game runs into OT???? Your players will have a shorter rest for the championship game the next night. No way in hell Q chooses the late game on Friday Mike.
                        vic -You nailed it. I just saw where Q chose to play early game. I guess my hope was for an evening game as I can't make the 4pm start but can make the 7:30. Q wouldn't listen to me.

Comment

How sweet it this? A shot to get to the ECAC final and play for a shot at the NCAAs vs. the "best" the league has to offer. Despite the buttkicking they gave Cornell the other day, I love Brown's chances in this one. Bears are peaking at the perfect time and it seems like Q is starting to take on water. Brown gets the first game (because Quinnipiac will want that one) and hopefully the boys can jump on them early and often.
                          Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
                            How sweet it this? A shot to get to the ECAC final and play for a shot at the NCAAs vs. the "best" the league has to offer. Despite the buttkicking they gave Cornell the other day, I love Brown's chances in this one. Bears are peaking at the perfect time and it seems like Q is starting to take on water. Brown gets the first game (because Quinnipiac will want that one) and hopefully the boys can jump on them early and often.
                            I'd like to know how a team that is 26-6-5 is taking on water?
                            QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                            2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                            2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                            2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                            https://***********/QHockeyBlog
                            https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                            https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

• Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
                              I'd like to know how a team that is 26-6-5 is taking on water?
                              Maybe it's because it took you 3 games and double OT to beat Cornell or that you lost to Harvard down the stretch and positively BLEW the brown game at home. Still a solid team who very easily could win conference but hard to argue that they're not the unbeatable team they were earlier in the year.

It would be nice to see Qpac lose simply because their fans when I was down there for a game are full of bravado now that they're good. And you'd think Rand Pecknold was the Son Of Man. I'm sorry. I'm bitter.

Does anyone know the last Brown coach to reach 2 conference semis in the same recruiting cycle? Honest question
                              Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

Originally posted by Humanoid View Post
                                Maybe it's because it took you 3 games and double OT to beat Cornell
                                Playoff hockey at it's best. How is our series with Cornell any different than yours with RPI? We all know that the ECAC playoffs are never anything like the regular season. Teams get hot, cool off, come out of nowhere, or disappear. It's why they play the games.

you lost to Harvard down the stretch and positively BLEW the brown game at home.
                                Games that, at the time, meant nothing in terms of the big picture.

Still a solid team who very easily could win conference but hard to argue that they're not the unbeatable team they were earlier in the year.
                                Yes, we've been solid all season, but hardly unbeatable. We had our share of puck luck along the way and way too many close games for my liking (last night being the best example of that).

It would be nice to see Qpac lose simply because their fans when I was down there for a game are full of bravado now that they're good.
                                Winning does that, especially to the casual fans. Take a close look... there's been a lot of bravado here over the past few weeks (and I don't mean that in a bad way).

And you'd think Rand Pecknold was the Son Of Man.
                                Seems that sentence could easily be re-written with Whittet's name.

I'm sorry. I'm bitter.
                                Save that for Friday night!
                                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                                2023 National Champions
                                ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                                ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                                East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                                Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                                Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                                Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X