Brown Hockey 2012-2013:Climbing the ECAC Ladder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
    He had a mediocre season and Whittet has been favoring more physical guys like Senecal lately. Brown has enough undersized forwards in Lorito, Naclerio, and Lappin, and there was really no set role for Lamacchia on this team. I'd expect to see him bounce back next year, but this year has been pretty disappointing for him.
    I have to disagree with your views on Lamacchia. You mentioned. Lorito Nclero Lappin and I would add Lamacchia are their skilled players even though they are not their biggest players. Speed and skill is what college hockey is known for and those four have it, I would also add Hathaway and Ryan of course in that group also. I only have stats to go by so I curiously went back to confirm your comments with his individual stats. Only 9 points we probably expected more I agree but a mediocre season not so. 2nd in power play points, 2 nd in most shots on net behind Lorito, 1st in points on penalty kill, a plus in points for,2nd in face off percentage behind Nclero . Did we expect more points yes but to say mediocre season no. Size sure, but the guys u mentioned don't contribute offensively and you can't always count on Borelli to save the team. We will surely miss Borelli to bad Brown didn't know what they had in him until his last few months of his college career. Lets go Brown let's sweep tonight.

Comment

• Re: Brown Hockey 2012-2013:Climbing the ECAC Ladder

Losing Robertson to a trumped-up 5-minute major was the coup de grace for Brown tonight. We basically have negative depth on D. RPI ran all over us once our best D-man was out.

RPI played with energy and focus at both ends of the ice. Congrats to them. Onward to Sunday's game!

Comment

Ugly game tonight.Brown dominated first five minutes of game, and that was it. RPI outplayed Brown for the rest of the game in every aspect.

Brendan has his Herb Brooks material by showing the cheap hit by RPI's #14 to the team. Whistle blows, Brown player by the boards behind goal, and 14 runs him into the boards, knocking the Brown player down. NO WHISTLE!! Brendan was furious. #14 may have thought he was going to teach Brown a lesson, b ut I am thinking it will backfire, with that cheap hit providing bruno the incentive to take it to RPI tomorrow night.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hutter View Post
          Ugly game tonight.Brown dominated first five minutes of game, and that was it. RPI outplayed Brown for the rest of the game in every aspect.

Brendan has his Herb Brooks material by showing the cheap hit by RPI's #14 to the team. Whistle blows, Brown player by the boards behind goal, and 14 runs him into the boards, knocking the Brown player down. NO WHISTLE!! Brendan was furious. #14 may have thought he was going to teach Brown a lesson, but I am thinking it will backfire, with that cheap hit providing bruno the incentive to take it to RPI tomorrow night.
          From where I was sitting that looked like an accident-#14 was crashing the net, and when DeFilippo covered the puck, he couldn't stop and tripped over his glove, crashing into the Brown player. It looked like he was really hurt, and I hope he's okay, but I don't think that was intentional. I wish the referees had called a closer game-someone was going to be seriously injured. I hope tonight isn't more of the same.

Comment

Two more wins.

Comment

Nice to see Brown have a big weekend! Good Luck next weekend.

Comment

Congrats Brown! See you on the boardwalk!

Comment

Break up Bruno!

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                  -Blackadder
                  "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                  -Casablanca
                  "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                  -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

GREAT WIN BY THE BROWN BEARS! ON TO ATLANTIC CITY

This is as gritty and resilient a team as I've ever seen. They overcame "decommitments" and season-ending injuries to three key players (plus other less publicized ones); they used no excuses; they played on and kept improving. Picked to finish dead last, they finished seventh, and four points from a first round bye. They've won 15 games so far. This week they'll be getting ready for the program's second trip to the ECAC Final Four over the past four seasons. Great coaching job by Brendan Whittet, Mark White, and Mike Souza. Great leadership by Dennis Robertson.

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
                      Two more wins.
                      Or maybe six more wins? Who knows? :-)

Kevin Roy, keep rollerblading on Huntington Avenue.

Jerry Keefe, keep eating your poached eggs.

Comment

Great job Brown.
                        Originally posted by reBlur
                        the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Two trips to the ECAC Final Four in four years. Pinch me.

In all seriousness, I was following the live feed and stats, texting with some friends, going back and forth on Facebook, etc. for the better part of the last two hours with my heart in my throat, my heart rate speeding to WAY too high for a Sunday night when I'd like to wind down before a work week, and dinner making a legitimate attempt to exit my system any way possible. I don't know how the Bears hung on - and it seemed like they hung on, with RPI bringing the house, hook, link and sinker.

I'm happy my dinner stayed down (or in).

I'm not happy the next games are in Atlantic City and not Albany, Lake Placid, Hartford, Worcester, Providence, New York City... anywhere remotely close to where Brown fans could have a fighting chance of getting there.

I'm happy Matt Lorito got to goal #20 - first Brown player since 1997-98 to eclipse that mark, a dubious streak that finally comes to a close. I'm happy Jake Goldberg scores again, and a freshman, Nick Lappin, gets the eventual game winner.

I'm happy the Bears stuck to the system and kept the pucks where Anthony Borelli could see them.

I'm not happy the Bears gave up two goals in the final three minutes of the second, but I'm happy that it didn't sink them.

I'm happy that the athletic department hired Brendan Whittet. Happy may be the understatement of the year.

I'm not happy that the voters didn't recognize him as a COY finalist. But I'm happy that it is consistent with the lack of respect Brown has gotten over the year. And I'm also happy that Brown is starting to generate a little bit more of a buzz.

I'm happy that this team has made progress with limited contributions from a resilient senior class. I'm happy those seniors have stepped up when they've needed to.

Finally, I'm happy that this team (not any one individual) is two victories from an ultimate prize that has eluded this program.

Comment

Originally posted by BrunoFan00 View Post
                            I'm not happy the next games are in Atlantic City and not Albany, Lake Placid, Hartford, Worcester, Providence, New York City... anywhere remotely close to where Brown fans could have a fighting chance of getting there.
                            Seriously. If there was any chance that I could get down there next week, I'd be there. But I don't think I can.

Comment

Congratulations to Brown!

See U in AC! Do you think a lot of fans will make the trip down?
                              LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

Big Congrats to the Brown players and staff. Its an exciting time to be a bruno fan

Great to see Borelli have a great bounce back game after Saturday. He has been fun to watch.

Comment

Working...
                                X