in whittet we trust.
    amen.

Comment

• Re: Brown Hockey 2012-2013:Climbing the ECAC Ladder

Harry Z News:

http://poststar.com/sports/phantoms-...a4bcf887a.html

Comment

Thanks to kdiff77 for coining my headline for this... a little something put together about Brown so far this year.

http://excalibursportspage.com/2013/...ttet-we-trust/
        Win today and we'll walk together forever. -Ray Shero

Comment

Any idea what the crowd might be like tomorrow. This might be my first trip to Meehan when the students are around... do they usually show up for Friday games?
          Quinnipiac Bobcats
          2023 National Champions
          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
          ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
          East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
          Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
          Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
          Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
            Any idea what the crowd might be like tomorrow. This might be my first trip to Meehan when the students are around... do they usually show up for Friday games?
            Not sure of the crowd size, I would make it a point not to sit behind the Quinnipiac bench. The student hecklers the last time I was there were distractingly annoying.
            YALE HOCKEY
            2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
              Is the Athletics Dept doing something to get the students to the game? Although this game should be a good one, unfortunately that alone does not draw a crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by eXcSports View Post
                Thanks to kdiff77 for coining my headline for this... a little something put together about Brown so far this year.

http://excalibursportspage.com/2013/...ttet-we-trust/

Great piece, but a couple of minor corrections.

1. When Brown lost Widman, it was against Harvard, not Princeton.
                2. We Brown posters weren't pulling hair, the coach's hair, or each other's hair. We were more looking for the match, while someone else held the can of gasoline, for a wonderful conflagration of self-immolation.

I've never actually used an emoticon, but I almost feel compelled to do so in tribute to Brownie68. (Where, or where, has he gone?)

The thesis, at its heart, has left me more convinced that Brendan Whittet is a terrific hockey coach. To watch the players' development, cast against the backdrop of the deeply personal nature of every game, means that the Bears usually have a shot. Their problem(s) come when one or more aspects of the game doesn't come through (i.e. goals are scored, but a soft goal plagues them early).

Comment

Originally posted by BrunoFan00 View Post
                  Great piece, but a couple of minor corrections.

1. When Brown lost Widman, it was against Harvard, not Princeton.
                  2. We Brown posters weren't pulling hair, the coach's hair, or each other's hair. We were more looking for the match, while someone else held the can of gasoline, for a wonderful conflagration of self-immolation.

I've never actually used an emoticon, but I almost feel compelled to do so in tribute to Brownie68. (Where, or where, has he gone?)

The thesis, at its heart, has left me more convinced that Brendan Whittet is a terrific hockey coach. To watch the players' development, cast against the backdrop of the deeply personal nature of every game, means that the Bears usually have a shot. Their problem(s) come when one or more aspects of the game doesn't come through (i.e. goals are scored, but a soft goal plagues them early).
                  Thanks for the correction - admittedly, my research came up a little blank on the Widman injury when I was looking into it. I couldn't find a concrete report that said he was injured so I more or less had to ballpark it rather than pore over all 30 pages of this thread.

I, for one, would love to see Brown pull a two-point weekend. As I'm sure many of you can assume, I've been following this season with great interest and a keen eye towards what's been going on from my perch up here in Waltham.
                  Win today and we'll walk together forever. -Ray Shero

Comment

• Originally posted by eXcSports View Post
                    Thanks for the correction - admittedly, my research came up a little blank on the Widman injury when I was looking into it. I couldn't find a concrete report that said he was injured so I more or less had to ballpark it rather than pore over all 30 pages of this thread.

I, for one, would love to see Brown pull a two-point weekend. As I'm sure many of you can assume, I've been following this season with great interest and a keen eye towards what's been going on from my perch up here in Waltham.
                    Mark Divver of the Providence Journal is reporting that Wahl will be back, but Zaire's is out.

A full complement of players will not be seen until October 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by BrunoFan00 View Post
                      Mark Divver of the Providence Journal is reporting that Wahl will be back, but Zaire's is out.

A full complement of players will not be seen until October 2013.
                      Bruno - Thanks for the update. While it's great that Wahl's back, losing Zaires hurts in terms of depth and leadership. Although with the way the offense has been playing, I think it's more imperative that Wahl be in the lineup than Zaires. The defense needs Wahl right now a heckuva lot more than the offense needs Zaires.

As for your last remark, the only fitting end to the Roger Grillo era would be if you tried to self-immolate, but instead missed with the match and singed all the hair on a part of your body I can't mention in a forum thread. The pain = immeasurable. The sick pleasure with which you were forced to laugh about the fact that "of course you missed and hit yourself in the nads with a flaming hot blowtorch?" = priceless
                      Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

This was the best I've seen this team play all year. What a tenacious performance. A truly impressive result.

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
                          What a tenacious performance.
                          Great defensive effort by Brown tonight and a stellar performance by Borelli. He was clearly the reason the Bears were able to stay with us. We had more speed but somehow there was always a stick or a body in the shooting lane; if not, Borelli was there to handle it. See you in Hamden in a few weeks for the rematch.
                          Quinnipiac Bobcats
                          2023 National Champions
                          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                          ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                          East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                          Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                          Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                          Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                            Great defensive effort by Brown tonight and a stellar performance by Borelli. He was clearly the reason the Bears were able to stay with us. We had more speed but somehow there was always a stick or a body in the shooting lane; if not, Borelli was there to handle it. See you in Hamden in a few weeks for the rematch.
                            I thought it was just a great game to watch all around. Plenty of chances for both teams, but plenty of good defensive play and goalkeeping kept this one a low-scoring contest. I would have loved to see the upset, but there's nothing wrong with tying the #2 team in the country.

I always love reading your comments, MarkEagle- true class.

Comment

Wow!! This team seems to keep getting better, finding a way to get points whoever the opponent is.

1995 as a crowd is great. Some of the comments on the Q thread suggests that the Q fans dominated. Is that accurate?

I noticed in the box score that Brendan had Senecal and Siers playing on the 4th line. Neither of them, especially Senecal have played that much before tho Senecal played last week against Cornell. Did that line get much time? Play well when on the ice?

Comment

Ryan Jacobson got hurt in the first period against Princeton. Looked bad.

I will now go throw up.

Comment

Working...
                                X