X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Brown Hockey 2012-2013:Climbing the ECAC Ladder

Originally posted by Ryecheers View Post
    Skinsfan

Brackett has had the correct story on a lot of recruiting battles. Lets hope he is right again. Still, I'd feel better seeing this confirmed by some other credible sources.

I'm puzzled as to why you're not also posting on DHD. Or are you there under a different handle?
    I'm not paying to discuss stuff with people when I can for free basically.
    Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
    Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

Originally posted by SkinsFan09 View Post
      I'm not paying to discuss stuff with people when I can for free basically.
      Wow! what is the charge for recent graduate? $10 Per year. I'll try to get in touch with you. We don't want to hijack the Brown thread. They've been extremely polite, but everything has limits.

BTW, from what I'm hearing from summer league participants, Brown should have a pretty fair program, with or without the Roys. Best of luck to you. I'm glad we don't have to play you for a couple of years.

Comment

Is Northeastern's hockey program really a significant upgrade to Brown's?

Something smells fishy here....

Comment

Judd Brackett ‏@Canuckscout

Kevin and Derick Roy headed to Northeastern. #HockeyEast #USHL #EJHL @Roy_K15 @DerickRoy1
          http://www.lincolnstarsblog.com/
          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post

No, not really, but the competition they play against is.

Comment

Hockey East vs. ECAC. That's an upgrade. There's nothing fishy, they liked Keefe and now Keefe's in a top conference so they left.
              Northeastern Huskies

Comment

Hello Brown Fans,

First off, I hope you are all having great summers and are getting ready for the hockey season to start back up.

I'm writing on this thread is that it currently looks like I won't have the necessary time to run my blog (www.ecachockeyblog.blogspot.com) this season. I've been trying to think of ideas of how to keep the blog running, while not putting as much time into it as usual, but still keep it relevant to the college hockey community. So, I came up with this idea of a blog network. If you're not 100% sure what a blog network is check out SB Nation. I feel this could be the only way for my blog to survive, but at the same time could benefit ECAC Hockey fans and the blogging community.

I'm hoping to find a blogger for each of the ECAC teams to create the network. Currently, bloggers from Quinnipiac and Union have committed to the network (and possibly Clarkson & Colgate soon). From what I can tell, there isn't an active Brown Hockey blog, so I'm writing here to see if anyone has any interest in doing so. I can always help with getting the blog off the ground.

If you have any interest or questions, please email me at ecachockeyblog@gmail.com.

Thank you for your time, and good luck to the Bears this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
                  No, not really, but the competition they play against is.
                  Quite simple really. It's still messed up to wait till August to do this however. That's certainly less than noble to say the least.
                  Northeastern Huskies

Comment

It's still messed up to wait till August to do this however. That's certainly less than noble to say the least.
                    YUP.

But there's no ill will towards Northeastern- you guys must be excited! Good for you!

Comment

I agree with Bothman. I understand the Keefe connection but Brown's program is headed in the right direction with a solid coaching staff, good incoming recruits. I just don't see the upgrade with NE that the Roys profess to be seeking.

Comment

The Burlington Free Press reports that UVM was never in chase for Roy - Evidently it was Northeastern from the outset.

http://blogs.burlingtonfreepress.com...rown-decommit/

NU blogger doesn't see anything improper:

http://maddoghouse.wordpress.com/
                        Last edited by Brown09; 08-05-2012, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Euler18 View Post
                          Yes. Jerry Keefe is a class act all the way.

"E tu, Brute?"

More like Eff Yu, Bruno
                          YALE HOCKEY
                          2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                            Quote Originally Posted by Euler18 View Post
                            Yes. Jerry Keefe is a class act all the way.

"E tu, Brute?"

More like Eff Yu, Bruno
                            This is the guy who quit his team half way through his senior year
                            Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

On August 3, 2012 SkinsFan09 posted the following comment on the Northeastern University thread: "Rumors hot and heavy today that Kevin Roy and his brother will attend Northeastern this fall. FIRST HEARD ABOUT THUS IN MAY BUT KEPT QUIET [my emphasis]."

If true about the timing, this comment would be further confirmation that both the Roys and the Northeastern coaching staff (Jim Madigan, Jerry Keefe, et al) have acted in a dishonorable and deceitful manner.

Comment

Originally posted by Brown09 View Post
                                On August 3, 2012 SkinsFan09 posted the following comment on the Northeastern University thread: "Rumors hot and heavy today that Kevin Roy and his brother will attend Northeastern this fall. FIRST HEARD ABOUT THUS IN MAY BUT KEPT QUIET [my emphasis]."

If true about the timing, this comment would be further confirmation that both the Roys and the Northeastern coaching staff (Jim Madigan, Jerry Keefe, et al) have acted in a dishonorable and deceitful manner.
                                Don't make uninformed assumptions that cast aspersions on the reputations of these people!

First of all, that quote should not be attributed to SkinsFan09. It was either Mr. Yeti, who runs the very informative "Black and Blue" blog that covers the Lincoln Stars and was possibly repeated by Mr. McMahon who blogs about the Merrimack team.

Mr. Yeti is personally acquainted the players in Lincoln. By May 2012, there were three Lincoln players who were committed to NU for this season and one for next season.. For all you or I know, there might have been a comment made over beers that that led him to suspect that Roy might reconsider his plans.

Despite your anger and disappointment, is it conceivable to you that Roy, and the three recruit pals, might have heard that NU had two scholarship players turn pro in late spring? Perhaps, at the urging of his friends, Roy may have made a call to the coach who recruited him two years earlier, at which time he might have inquired about NU situation and their possible interest in him. That is the proper "etiquette" when someone wants to decommit and go elsewhere.

I don't know how this all came about, but I do know that it's foolish to jump to conclusions without knowing the facts. It's even more foolish to share such conclusions.
                                Last edited by Ryecheers; 08-08-2012, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X