Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Brown Hockey 2012-2013:Climbing the ECAC Ladder

Originally posted by nescachockey View Post
    Not to get too ahead of myself (I am crossing my fingers and knock on wood as I type this...it's hard to type that way, but don't want to jinx it), but a Brown win tomorrow would give them their first ECAC title and would give the Bears 17 wins, the most since the 1976 season when they finished 3rd in the nation. Bruno beat a Boston University squad led by Bowdoin's 30 year bench boss Terry Meagher.
    Always nice when you mention Bowdoin!

Could this be the year when I see my two favorite teams win the league championship and play in the national tournament? In 1993 Bowdoin won the league championship but didn't play in the national tournament because NESCAC rules didn't allow NCAA tournament participation until 1995; Brown lost the league championship to Clarkson, but played in the NCAA tournament. This year Bowdoin has already done its part: the Polar Bears won the NESCAC championship and played in the national tournament.

Will I see you tomorrow, nescachockey?

Comment

Congrats Brown, you guiys played great vs. QU. Good Luck today!

Comment

It looks like nothing will stop you in your quest for the ECAC championship!

Comment

Amazing win, Brown! Way to go!
          Lots of fans cheering for you out here!
          Congrats on a successful season!
          Bring home the Whitelaw Cup, Please!
          C O L G A T E
          2023 ECAC CHAMPION
          1990 NCAA FINALS
          https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
          ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
          ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

Fabulous win, Brown! Congratulations! Beat Union!!!

Comment

Borelli for Hobey !
              It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                Borelli for Hobey !
                No way, Hartzell is so much better!

Comment

Man, what a feeling this is. For some reason, I spent most of the day knowing Brown would beat Quinnipiac. I can't remember a Brown team peaking at the absolute perfect time. To think, this team is 60 minutes away from not only a championship, but a chance to play at the Dunk in the regionals. For anyone who went last night, was the Brown crowd any good?

I just can't see Union beating this team tonight. Brown has come too far to fail now and I don't think they will. After this game, I'm going to buy a ECAC title hat and mail it to Kevin Roy in his NU dorm.

F-U(nion)
                  Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Congrats to Brown. Go get the Championsip and we'll see you next weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
                      Man, what a feeling this is. For some reason, I spent most of the day knowing Brown would beat Quinnipiac. I can't remember a Brown team peaking at the absolute perfect time. To think, this team is 60 minutes away from not only a championship, but a chance to play at the Dunk in the regionals. For anyone who went last night, was the Brown crowd any good?

I just can't see Union beating this team tonight. Brown has come too far to fail now and I don't think they will. After this game, I'm going to buy a ECAC title hat and mail it to Kevin Roy in his NU dorm.

F-U(nion)
                      Congrats on the big win. Pls beat union! #gobrown
                      "We will play a style that is a puck-possession game, an up-tempo style ... It will rely on speed and toughness. I’m sure these players can
                      make that adjustment very easily. We’re going to make the Tsongas a tough place to get points for other teams." -UML Coach Norm Bazin

Comment

• Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
                        It was hard to judge because the place was so empty and all of the neutrals were rooting for Brown. But I'd say there were a solid 100 of us wearing Bruno gear. QU brought several hundred fans, Yale looked to have good support as well, and I heard Union had the largest contingent of all (I didn't stay for the late game).

There was a Clarkson fan sitting behind me cheering for Brown as well.

Comment

Union definitely had the largest contingent in the late game. I wasn't at the early game. It seems like Union and Brown are peaking at the right time so tonight's game should be a good one.

I would wish you good luck, but good luck for you would be the end of our season. I have no hatred for Brown, but I'm sure that would change if we lose tonight.

It's the same for both teams: Win and the season continues. Lose and the season is over. Doesn't get any better than that.

Hope to see a large Brown contingent there. A good atmosphere would make the game even more exciting.
                          LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

Couple of comments:

Watching the video replay of Brown's goals last night hathaway's goal was one of the best I have seen from a Brown player in years.

I felt Brown was going to win when Ryan put an open shot on hartzell in the first minute or so of the game. Although hartzell stopped it, the pass to an open Ryan and his shot showed to me that brown was already in control.

Hathaway limped off the ice after a hit. I didn't see the hit, but the TV guy said it was a cheap shot by a Q player. What happened?

U's defense last night against Yale was eerily similar to Brown's. And Brown's offense was similar to U's. Should really be a great game tonight.

Comment

A story on Brown - yes Brown:

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...ruin_storm.php

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike Hutter View Post
                                Who?

Comment

Working...
                                X