Brown Hockey 2012-2013:Climbing the ECAC Ladder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DarthBruno View Post
    So I just opened USCHO.com and there, at the top of the page is a huge article about RPI (re: brackets). I have the greatest respect for RPI, a worthy opponent, but what is USCHO's problem with Brown hockey? We are the Cinderella team of the year, pretty much, and knocked off RPI last weekend. But I haven't seen a single pic of a Brown game or player on that front page.

Just had to vent. Beware the power of the Brown Side, USCHO editors. (cue Imperial March)

- Darth
    Patience, my young Padawan. Two more wins, and we'll be the talk of the college hockey world.

Comment

• Re: Brown Hockey 2012-2013:Climbing the ECAC Ladder

Originally posted by DarthBruno View Post
      So I just opened USCHO.com and there, at the top of the page is a huge article about RPI (re: brackets). I have the greatest respect for RPI, a worthy opponent, but what is USCHO's problem with Brown hockey? We are the Cinderella team of the year, pretty much, and knocked off RPI last weekend. But I haven't seen a single pic of a Brown game or player on that front page.

Just had to vent. Beware the power of the Brown Side, USCHO editors. (cue Imperial March)

- Darth
      Dorktastic
      Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

If you decide to buy your tix at the Boardwalk Hall Box Office, there are no fees involved. Ticketmaster fees online are near ten bucks a ticket, so buy at the door, it will not even be close to a sellout.
        YALE HOCKEY
        2013 National Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
          If you decide to buy your tix at the Boardwalk Hall Box Office, there are no fees involved. Ticketmaster fees online are near ten bucks a ticket, so buy at the door, it will not even be close to a sellout.
          Thanks! I was actually wondering what would be the best way to get tickets.

Comment

Check with the Brown box office as well, the tickets through the Yale box office for two days of uppers was $42 per adult, $52 for lower bowl. Yale fans are staying at the Tropicana, which was the best bargain close to the hockey venue at $129 plus tax for Friday night. Yale also has a $50 round trip bus if you want to incognito it lol. http://yalebulldogs.com/sports/m-hoc...flyer_2013.pdf
            YALE HOCKEY
            2013 National Champions

Comment

• I've decided to make the trip down for both games. Hoping that the ride isn't too treacherous in terms of traffic. First trip to Atlantic City, and while I'm sure the venue will be fun, I'm not certain what it means in terms of crowd.

I'm also told that Brown radio will be at the games, for those of you who don't get Fox Sports Atlantic.

Safe travels, all who are heading south!

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                ... buy at the door, it will not even be close to a sellout.
                Seriously. A game between two New England teams on a weekday afternoon -- there should be a ton of empty seats.

Has someone already posted whether this weekend's games will be streamed online? Not sure we get that Fox channel on our DirecTV subscription.

- Darth

Comment

Seriously. A game between two New England teams on a weekday afternoon -- there should be a ton of empty seats.

Has someone already posted whether this weekend's games will be streamed online? Not sure we get that Fox channel on our DirecTV subscription.

- Darth
                  Most games will be streamed via America One, as were the quarterfinals and first round: http://www.americaonesports.com/part...ers.asp?id=407

Looks like the consolation game on Saturday will not be streamed.

Comment

- Darth
                    It's on Fox College Sports, which should be channel 623 on DirecTV.

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
                      It's on Fox College Sports, which should be channel 623 on DirecTV.
                      It's Fox College Sports Atlantic, which I believe is not on the DirecTv list of channels
                      YALE HOCKEY
                      2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                        It's Fox College Sports Atlantic, which I believe is not on the DirecTv list of channels
                        http://www.ecachockey.com/men/2012-1...irstTitleUSCHO

"The games will be broadcast live on Fox College Sports/Fox Sports Atlantic (623 on DirecTV), and live streaming video is also available for a fee (info on the league’s site)."

Comment

"The games will be broadcast live on Fox College Sports/Fox Sports Atlantic (623 on DirecTV), and live streaming video is also available for a fee (info on the league’s site)."
                          I have Charter Cable and Fox College Sports Atlantic is channel 311. Not sure if that helps at all.
                          Last edited by Saints#1; 03-21-2013, 01:40 PM.
                          St. Lawrence Skating Saints Hockey

6 time ECAC Champions: 1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001
                          4 time ECAC Runner-Ups: 1964, 1987, 1991, 1999
                          2 time ECAC Cleary Cup Champions: 2000, 2007
                          16 NCAA Tournament Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1983, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2007
                          9 NCAA Frozen Four Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1988, 2000
                          2 time NCAA Tournament Runner-Ups: 1961, 1988

Comment

Only one day left to get your picks in: http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...31#post5681231

The following contestants have yet to enter their picks:

bothman
                            Brian Sullivan
                            cnor79
                            engineerhockeyfan
                            fr joe
                            gocu11
                            H60Hockey
                            hockeyplayer1015
                            johnk
                            jstadts
                            justlookin'
                            KnucklePuckCU
                            Maine-iac
                            Nate Owen
                            NYhockeyguy
                            Old Time Hockey
                            redrocker
                            Rjm7272
                            RPIHFH
                            sshablak
                            TheValleyRaider
                            TimU
                            TuteScrooge
                            Union93
                            QUAlum2004
                            TchrBill
                            RPIcrank
                            Ivan Lennon
                            Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                            And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                            WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                            If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Thanks -- this should do it for me. Will check that channel tonight to be sure.

And thanks to JCrawford re: the AmericaOne stream online. One way or another, I'll be watching.

- Darth

Comment

MATT LORITO AND ANTHONY BORELLI SELECTED TO THE ALL-ECAC SQUAD

Matt Lorito was selected to the second team; Anthony Borelli was a third-team selection. The complete list is below.

FIRST TEAM ALL-ECAC
                                F – Greg Carey, St. Lawrence
                                F – Kyle Flanagan, St. Lawrence
                                F – Andrew Miller, Yale
                                D – Nick Bailen, Rensselaer
                                D – George Hughes, St. Lawrence
                                G – Eric Hartzell, Quinnipiac

SECOND TEAM ALL-ECAC
                                F – Kenny Agostino, Yale
                                F – Andrew Calof, Princeton
                                F – Matt Lorito, Brown
                                D – Mike Keenan, Dartmouth