Brown Hockey 2012-2013:Climbing the ECAC Ladder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Brown Hockey 2012-2013:Climbing the ECAC Ladder

I notice the Flyers are off both Friday and Saturday. I wonder if Harry Z will make the trip to AC?

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
      I notice the Flyers are off both Friday and Saturday. I wonder if Harry Z will make the trip to AC?
      I believe he's still with the Phantoms. Flyers sent him down to free up a roster space and with still 2 games to serve on his suspension and the shortened season, I don't see them calling him up any time soon. It's an unfortunate situation.

Oh, and yay Bruno!

Comment

Originally posted by brown_penguin View Post
        I believe he's still with the Phantoms. Flyers sent him down to free up a roster space and with still 2 games to serve on his suspension and the shortened season, I don't see them calling him up any time soon. It's an unfortunate situation.

Oh, and yay Bruno!
        I checked the rosters because I knew he was up-and-down; he's listed on the Flyers and not the Phantoms. Maybe they failed to update.

Comment

Congrats to my second-favorite ECAC team
          Good Luck to the Bears in AC!
          Hope you can bring the Whitelaw Cup home to Providence
          C O L G A T E
          2023 ECAC CHAMPION
          1990 NCAA FINALS
          https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
          ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
          ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

Whittet addressed the media via teleconference today.

Listen to him here: http://t.co/t7bRlt35tW

Comment

Originally posted by rdf8585 View Post
              Whittet addressed the media via teleconference today.

Listen to him here: http://t.co/t7bRlt35tW
              Thanks for the heads-up. I liked the way he stressed that Borelli is a part of the Brown team, an important one at that, and not the one person who is responsible for brown's success.

Comment

Whittet has a very good reputation for being one of the better coach interviews in the league.

Comment

Is anyone else heading down to Atlantic City? I'm hoping for a good turnout by Brown fans, but with students on spring break right now, I don't know if it will happen.

Comment

Originally posted by rdf8585 View Post
                    Whittet has a very good reputation for being one of the better coach interviews in the league.
                    One of the things about WHittet is that he's very honest about what his team does, what he expects of them, and what his views are. It's actually refreshing from my conversations with some journalists because they are looking for a guy who is honest. Other coaches are too volatile and others are too guarded. They prefer a guy who says, "this is waht we do well. This is what we don't do well." Brendan also puts the emphasis on the team instead of one player in a year when it could easily be one guy.
                    Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

Good Luck Bruno....Fun to still be playing. All the best ! BTW...Your goalie has one of the best catching glove hands I have seen in awhile...very quick !
                      It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Is anyone else heading down to Atlantic City? I'm hoping for a good turnout by Brown fans, but with students on spring break right now, I don't know if it will happen.
                        I will be there Saturday if Brown is playing in the Championship game. Unfortunately, work will not allow me to be there on Friday.

Comment

My thoughts heading to Atlantic City.

http://brownhockeyblog.blogspot.com/

Comment

So I just opened USCHO.com and there, at the top of the page is a huge article about RPI (re: brackets). I have the greatest respect for RPI, a worthy opponent, but what is USCHO's problem with Brown hockey? We are the Cinderella team of the year, pretty much, and knocked off RPI last weekend. But I haven't seen a single pic of a Brown game or player on that front page.

Just had to vent. Beware the power of the Brown Side, USCHO editors. (cue Imperial March)

- Darth

Comment

My thoughts heading to Atlantic City.

http://brownhockeyblog.blogspot.com/
                              Nice summary of the past few weeks and looking ahead to Atlantic City and beyond.

Your optimism about next year's team seems warranted, but I want to point out the obvious: We need to recruit another Borelli or Danis. When you look at the shot totals for many of our games this year, it's clear Borelli saved our butts and allowed us to do the near impossible this past month.

Who will be our goalie? Therein lies our fortune in 2013-14.

- Darth

Comment

• Originally posted by DarthBruno View Post
                                Nice summary of the past few weeks and looking ahead to Atlantic City and beyond.

Your optimism about next year's team seems warranted, but I want to point out the obvious: We need to recruit another Borelli or Danis. When you look at the shot totals for many of our games this year, it's clear Borelli saved our butts and allowed us to do the near impossible this past month.

Who will be our goalie? Therein lies our fortune in 2013-14.

- Darth
                                Mark Divver reported on Twitter that we have two incoming freshmen. Barring an incredible improvement from DeFilippo in his senior season (which is not out of the question. See: Borelli, Anthony), I would assume we'll be hoping for one of those guys to be our own Jon Gillies. Neither are as highly touted, of course, but you never know (see: Danis, Yann).

Comment

Working...
                                X