Brown Hockey 2012-2013:Climbing the ECAC Ladder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
    Great win for you guys, as well! I can't believe the Friars might finish first in HE so soon into Leaman's tenure.
    We can't either. The last two wins made the least sense.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
    -Blackadder
    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
    -Casablanca
    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Re: Brown Hockey 2012-2013:Climbing the ECAC Ladder

Originally posted by Jon View Post
      We can't either. The last two wins made the least sense.
      I was watching the win over BC at a restaurant before the PC-St. John's basketball game and the resounding sentiment amongst the basketball fans was "we have a hockey team?"

Comment

Kdiff - The boxscore has 900plus in attendance. From some comments the broadcast guys made, it may have been a lot less. In any event, that is patheticas you say even with BB next door.

With a sweep and SLU winning, we will be playing Yale. I am sure that makes LtSatch happy . I was hoping we would draw Union. I t looks like RPI will get a very dangerous Cornell squad and Union gets SLU. The way RPI has been playing I thought it would be in the finals but it may not get past Cornell. If I can't make it to New Haven, a good fall back will be the RPI game.

Comment

Box score says 647, which is probably accurate. I think for the playoffs, attendance is counted very specifically (since the ECAC runs it), as opposed to looser interpretations by the Brown athletics staff. I believe they survey the crowd and give a rough estimate, versus actually counting each ticket stub.

I overheard a lot of students coming out of the basketball game last night reacting to the score of the hockey game. They seemed pretty enthused, so maybe they'll choose hockey tonight.

Comment

Awesome post from the Clarkson hockey blog Twitter feed.

Joe Zarbo scores Clarkson's first goal seemingly since David Tennant was the Doctor. 3-1 Brown. 2:39 left in the first.
            Twitter: DanMountSports
            2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Where to begin with with last night's game? Thoughts, anyone?

Comment

• Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
                Where to begin with with last night's game? Thoughts, anyone?
                Can we start with how Clarkson redefines the meaning of the term "sore loser?" Can't wait to see someone try and defend that behavior at the end of the game. Took away from the whole series.
                Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...-March-9/page3

Read my comments from last night. I was heated, and you should have heard the radio guys. They were losing their minds. Mike (that's the play-by-play guy, right?) kept talking about what a bunch of goons Clarkson acted like- "This team has been doing this for 120 minutes this weekend." "You know what Clarkson? You can take your cheap shots, but next weekend when the Bears are in Troy or New Haven, you'll be sitting in your room in Potsdam."

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hutter View Post
                    With a sweep and SLU winning, we will be playing Yale. I am sure that makes LtSatch happy . I was hoping we would draw Union. I t looks like RPI will get a very dangerous Cornell squad and Union gets SLU. The way RPI has been playing I thought it would be in the finals but it may not get past Cornell. If I can't make it to New Haven, a good fall back will be the RPI game.

If Dartmouth wins today, the matchups are Cornell-Quinnipiac, Brown-RPI, SLU-Yale, and Dartmouth-Union. If harvard wins, then the matchups are as you say.
                    Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by Humanoid View Post
                      Can we start with how Clarkson redefines the meaning of the term "sore loser?" Can't wait to see someone try and defend that behavior at the end of the game. Took away from the whole series.
                      I am embarassed by what happened. Enough said. The better team won. Good luck to Brown in the next round.
                      Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                      And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                      WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                      If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

• Originally posted by vicb View Post
                        I am embarassed by what happened. Enough said. The better team won. Good luck to Brown in the next round.
                        Thanks, Vic, for your consistent class. A spirited comeback by the Knights was overshadowed by some plain old stupidity by a few players. Even before that, the game turned out to be wild. I received a text from someone who was there that said "you cannot hear in this place," something I've never heard about Meehan Auditorium, provided the loudspeaker isn't blasting terrible Top 40 music at decibels incomprehensible to the human ear.

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
                          Thanks, vicb, for your classy remarks, but cut your own guys some slack. It was an emotional end to a hard-fought game. Our guys are no shrinking violets either...

Comment

Clarkson is a bunch of goons anyhow. That said, I was surprised they decided to cry like that when they knew the deal was done. Oh well. Movin' on.
                            Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

On to RPI. A repeat of Brendan's first year?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hutter View Post
                                On to RPI. A repeat of Brendan's first year?
                                I would greatly love this to happen. I'll be at BU this weekend, though, so won't be making the trip to Albany and the Capital District. Although HFH is probably one of my more favorite arenas; it lacks certain charm.

Still can't believe I'm going to see Jack Parker's last games at Boston University. One day I hope Brendan is as legendary.
                                Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

Working...
                                X