Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Brown Hockey 2012-2013:Climbing the ECAC Ladder

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
    Well, you sure can't learn a word like that at a school like Northeastern or Vermont!

I kid, I kid.
    Ah, the natterings of a flibbertigibbet!
    Last edited by Split-N; 07-27-2012, 08:14 PM.
    "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
      Ah, the natterings of a flibbertigibbet!
      Your prognosis is preposterous!

Comment

So now it's a thread of Jackie Chiles quotes!
        Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
        Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

Originally posted by SkinsFan09 View Post
          So now it's a thread of Jackie Chiles quotes!
          Better than debating the merits of a handful of terrific schools.

Comment

Better than debating the merits of a handful of terrific schools.
            Hey, I love Seinfeld.
            Northeastern Huskies

Comment

This would have been a marginal thread title at the beginning of last season.

Brown Hockey 2012-2013:Climbing the ECAC Ladder

Brown final standing rank in ECAC last 7 years

2006 12th
              2007 11th
              2008 Tie for 10th with 2 others at bottom of league standings
              2009 12th
              2010 11th
              2011 9th
              2012 12th

I think the ladder may lying on the ground horizontally.

Brown lost some really good players last year, I don't expect much more than the usual hard nosed not quite there yet play.
              YALE HOCKEY
              2013 National Champions

Comment

The wing, is still on their roster. He's listed as 5'10 (maybe he is). If he were that tall I think he may have been considerably more than a 4th rd pick? Really amazing firepower at Lincoln.

* I like Brown. The wing would have too.

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                  This would have been a marginal thread title at the beginning of last season.

Brown Hockey 2012-2013:Climbing the ECAC Ladder

Brown final standing rank in ECAC last 7 years

2006 12th
                  2007 11th
                  2008 Tie for 10th with 2 others at bottom of league standings
                  2009 12th
                  2010 11th
                  2011 9th
                  2012 12th

I think the ladder may lying on the ground horizontally.

Brown lost some really good players last year, I don't expect much more than the usual hard nosed not quite there yet play.
                  Nobody asked you to come in here to critique the name of our thread. We Brunonians are PROUD of our horizontal ladders, and we have no interest in what you Elis consider to be a proper ladder.

Ok, now I'll respond in a serious manner. You're certainly correct in that we haven't made much progress as far as the standings are concerned these past few years. But you won't find a single Brown fan who doesn't have faith in Brendan Whittet and the process he is currently bringing the program through. It might even be another couple years or so before we start to "climb the ladder," but you have to remember that he started from scratch here, and is building a sustainable program, rather than a flash in the pan. Last year was frustrating for all of us after a promising 2010-2011, and I was very over critical of Whittet and the team. But I think we can all agree now that patience is a key with this young, but talented, team.

Comment

Nobody asked you to come in here to critique the name of our thread. We Brunonians are PROUD of our horizontal ladders, and we have no interest in what you Elis consider to be a proper ladder.

Ok, now I'll respond in a serious manner. You're certainly correct in that we haven't made much progress as far as the standings are concerned these past few years. But you won't find a single Brown fan who doesn't have faith in Brendan Whittet and the process he is currently bringing the program through. It might even be another couple years or so before we start to "climb the ladder," but you have to remember that he started from scratch here, and is building a sustainable program, rather than a flash in the pan. Last year was frustrating for all of us after a promising 2010-2011, and I was very over critical of Whittet and the team. But I think we can all agree now that patience is a key with this young, but talented, team.
                    Believe it or not, I like the way Whittet has the team playing, he certainly gets them up for the big games. They need to win some the games that no one seems to care about though. Maddeningly inconsistent results. I saw both Brown games against Yale last year, and believe me, they did not look like a last place team. I admit I had to write the original post to tweak some of the Bruno Eli haters on here, just a little fun before the season. I have no idea what to expect from Yale this year, soooo young.
                    YALE HOCKEY
                    2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                      Believe it or not, I like the way Whittet has the team playing, he certainly gets them up for the big games. They need to win some the games that no one seems to care about though. Maddeningly inconsistent results. I saw both Brown games against Yale last year, and believe me, they did not look like a last place team. I admit I had to write the original post to tweak some of the Bruno Eli haters on here, just a little fun before the season. I have no idea what to expect from Yale this year, soooo young.
                      You're spot on with these remarks. Maddeningly inconsistent, indeed. For instance: sweep Frozen Four finalist Union, and get swept (and shutout) by eventual 10th-place finisher RPI, who looked historically bad all season before a strong finish? What IS that?

I love that we can win big games (like our upset of top-ranked Yale in 2011), but hate that we usually fail to show up against the teams that are probably equal to our skill level, if not lesser. Whatever Whittet says to them before big games, he needs to say it every game.

I also have no idea what to expect from Yale. I can't see them getting a bye and they might even struggle for home ice, if the young guys can't grow up real quick.

Comment

This waiting is absurd. I'd bet he already knew where he was going before he de-committed. Waiting a week or two won't make any rational people think otherwise.
                        Northeastern Huskies

Comment

This waiting is absurd. I'd bet he already knew where he was going before he de-committed. Waiting a week or two won't make any rational people think otherwise.
                          My guess is he is just waiting to be sure he gets through the actual admission process successfully before saying anything, lest he have to announce another change. But I have no inside info. Clearly the list of options is very small. Perhaps the whole brother duo aspect is adding another time element.
                          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

This waiting is absurd. I'd bet he already knew where he was going before he de-committed.
                            Definitely. And when it becomes public, the tampering will become evident.

Comment

Originally posted by Brown09 View Post
                              There's no such thing as "tampering" (from an NCAA-legalistic point of view) with an Ivy recruit, since they don't sign LOIs. I think most coaches respect the verbal commitments they make, but if an Ivy-committed athlete contacts THEM, I can't really blame them for taking the call.
                              If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by Brown09 View Post
                                All 100% legal. No NLOI signed in the Ivy League. What probably happened is he was borderline out all this time and when he went to Ducks camp, some people he should transfer.
                                Northeastern Huskies

Comment

Working...
                                X