Brown Hockey 2012-2013:Climbing the ECAC Ladder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brown Hockey 2012-2013:Climbing the ECAC Ladder

Here we go!! A tip of the hat to Bruno for the title.

For an initial comment, here is some info Bruno came up with:

Johnny Gaudreau - 2010 - 2011 USHL Dubuque Fighting Saints Regular Season - 36 - 36 - 72 points

Kevin Roy - 2011 - 2012 USHL Lincoln Stars Regular Season(2 games to go) - 52 - 48 - 100 points

I am trying to control my excitement.

Re: Brown Hockey 2012-2013:Climbing the ECAC Ladder

Originally posted by Mike Hutter View Post
    Let's hope we get to tip our hats to Bruno for a different kind of title next March/April!

Comment

Here's a first look at the 2012-13 Brown Men's Ice Hockey Schedule:

Friday, October 26 IVY SHOWCASE
      Saturday, October 27 IVY SHOWCASE
      Friday, November 2 at Harvard
      Saturday, November 3 at Dartmouth
      Friday, November 9 ST. LAWRENCE
      Saturday, November 10 CLARKSON
      Saturday, November 17 ARMY
      Saturday, November 24 PROVIDENCE COLLEGE
      Sunday, November 25 HOLY CROSS
      Friday, November 30 YALE
      Saturday, December 1 at Yale
      Friday, December 7 UNION
      Saturday, December 8 RENSSELAER
      Saturday, December 29 at Toyota UConn Classic vs. Minnesota State
      Sunday, December 30 at Toyota UConn Classic
      Friday, January 11 at Clarkson
      Saturday, January 12 at St. Lawrence
      Friday, January 18 DARTMOUTH
      Saturday, January 19 HARVARD
      Friday, January 25 at Colgate
      Saturday, January 26 at Cornell
      Friday, February 1 QUINNIPIAC
      Saturday, February 2 PRINCETON
      Friday, February 15 at Rensselaer
      Saturday, February 16 at Union
      Friday, February 22 at Princeton
      Saturday, February 23 at Quinnipiac
      Friday, March 1 CORNELL
      Saturday, March 2 COLGATE
      LET'S GO BRUNO!

Comment

Bruno: Will any of the home Saturday games be played in the afternoon?

Comment

I know others like it, but I'm SO sick of the Ivy Showcase. I think we discussed this last year, so I won't get too into it, but I'd way rather play a couple Hockey East teams (hell, let's play Providence twice! Home-and-home Mayor's Cup series!) so we get a new, refreshing challenge, rather than just losing to Dartmouth for the 50th time since Gaudet left Brown.

I see the Mayor's Cup is an afterthought again. After being played on New Year's Day this past season, it'll be on the Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend, when no one's on campus. Blah.

Also, I'm not happy the Harvard/Dartmouth home series is over Brown's winter break. These are the two games the students actually show up for, and this year, they'll be away.

Another thought: we should have our home-and-home with Yale on the last weekend of the year. Penn and Princeton do that in basketball, and it's really intense. Then again, I don't think Yale considers us to be a rival, so they probably wouldn't be as enthused.
          Last edited by kdiff77; 04-14-2012, 12:25 AM.

Comment

That said, we actually have as many home games as away games this year! That never happens!
            Last edited by kdiff77; 04-14-2012, 12:25 AM.

Comment

Bruno: Will any of the home Saturday games be played in the afternoon?
              The following games are tentative possibilities:

Saturday, November 10 CLARKSON 4:00 or 7:00 p.m.
              Saturday, November 17 ARMY 4:00 or 7:00 p.m.
              Saturday, December 8 RENSSELAER 4:00 or 7:00 p.m.
              Saturday, January 19 HARVARD 4:00 or 7:00 p.m.
              Saturday, February 2 PRINCETON 4:00 or 7:00 p.m.
              Saturday, March 2 COLGATE 4:00 or 7:00 p.m.

I will re-post the full schedule when all of the game times have been finalized.
              LET'S GO BRUNO!

Comment

Another story on Kevin Roy:
                http://jrhockeyrecruit.com/2011/10/h...cruit-youtube/

For the record, one of the other USHL players mentioned in the story, Zach Aston-Reese, will be attending Northeastern, not Brown.

Comment

Some news regarding Mark Naclerio, who may be the best kept secret in this year's entering class:

http://www.ushl.com/news.php?news_id=784

Comment

Some news regarding Mark Naclerio, who may be the best kept secret in this year's entering class:

http://www.ushl.com/news.php?news_id=784

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
                      I see the Mayor's Cup is an afterthought again. After being played on New Year's Day this past season, it'll be on the Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend, when no one's on campus. Blah.
                      The plan, which may or may not be realized this year, is to turn the Mayor's Cup into a city-wide family event, possibly combining it into a doubleheader with the P-Bruins and including a hockey clinic by players from both Brown and Providence College at the rink downtown. Thanksgiving weekend appears to be a good time to carry this plan out. Let's give coaches Whittet and Leaman, as well as Providence Economic Development Director Jim Bennet (Brown'79), the chance to bring it to eventual fruition.

Comment

I wish we could dump the Ivy Showcase and pick up some quality OOC games.
                        Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
                          I know others like it, but I'm SO sick of the Ivy Showcase. I think we discussed this last year, so I won't get too into it, but I'd way rather play a couple Hockey East teams (hell, let's play Providence twice! Home-and-home Mayor's Cup series!) so we get a new, refreshing challenge, rather than just losing to Dartmouth for the 50th time since Gaudet left Brown.
                          The Showcase allows the coaches to experiment and particularly to see what young players can do in game situations before the real season starts. For example, last year Coach Whittet used eight different defensemen during the weekend, giving freshmen Kyle Quick and Joey DeConsylsis the opportunity to show what they were capable of.

Ideally the Ivy Showcase would be played in a neutral site (e.g., New York City) that would allow for large attendance by alumni from the four schools. Brown and Yale tried that in 1997 and 1998 with considerable success (the games were held at Chelsea Piers and followed by a reception for alumni, players and families), but it appears that the Ivy League frowned on it (as it does on essentially any idea that makes good sense), and the game was dropped.
                          Last edited by Euler18; 04-15-2012, 11:59 AM.

Comment

For an initial comment, here is some info Bruno came up with:

Johnny Gaudreau - 2010 - 2011 USHL Dubuque Fighting Saints Regular Season - 36 - 36 - 72 points

Kevin Roy - 2011 - 2012 USHL Lincoln Stars Regular Season(2 games to go) - 52 - 48 - 100 points

I am trying to control my excitement.
                            Not to take anything away from Roy (I actually brought up how well he was doing in the other Brown thread), but to be fair, keep in mind that Gaudreau was about 15 months younger than Roy when they both put up those numbers. Again, I'm sure Roy will be a great player, but who knows what Gaudreau could have done as an 18 year old in that league...

Comment

FINAL NHL CENTRAL SCOUTING RANKINGS LIST TWO FUTURE BROWN PLAYERS

F: Kevin Roy (78) and D: Tyler Wood (172)

http://www.uscho.com/2012/04/10/fina...re-collegians/

Comment

Working...
                              X