Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: College Hockey Blog's "Extremely Early Preaseason Top 5"

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
    Not really. The stats support my thesis.
    So you think Milner will have a .926 save %, 1.95 GAA, and 81.7 Win %?

Those are his career averages, which is what you said he would "regress" to.
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post

No, I think he'll go back to his average before this season.

This season was an anomoly.

I expect to see something like 2.45 GAA and .910 sv%

Comment

No, I think he'll go back to his average before this season.

This season was an anomoly.

I expect to see something like 2.45 GAA and .910 sv%
        So you concede that his "mean stats" are .926 save %, 1.95 GAA, and 81.7 win%, correct?

This was his first full season in nets. If anything was an anomaly it was his sophomore year where he only got into 8 games (and coincidentally had his "worst" season).
        North Dakota

Comment

So you concede that his "mean stats" are .926 save %, 1.95 GAA, and 81.7 win%, correct?

This was his first full season in nets. If anything was an anomaly it was his sophomore year where he only got into 8 games (and coincidentally had his "worst" season).
          I disagree. I think this season was largely a product of the outstanding defense in front of him, and an insanely hot streak at the end of the season. They were actually talking about a goalie change at one point this season.

I think this season is the anomoly, and I think his #'s regress to the mean before this season. Maybe a little better. Not much. That is my prediction.

Comment

I disagree. I think this season was largely a product of the outstanding defense in front of him, and an insanely hot streak at the end of the season. They were actually talking about a goalie change at one point this season.

I think this season is the anomoly, and I think his #'s regress to the mean before this season. Maybe a little better. Not much. That is my prediction.
            What type of numbers do you expect from Minnesota's goalies next season?
            North Dakota

Comment

So the "anamoly" is the full season as a starter as a junior, but his underclassman years as a backup are his true self? You realize he played in 12 more games this year than the first two combined right? Face it... The guy went a full season in Hockey East with a 1.66 GAA... That's not an anomoly. If that's the case then Kent Patterson's "true" numbers were when he backed up Kangas. This year was just one big fluke.
              tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

What type of numbers do you expect from Minnesota's goalies next season?
                Good question. I don't really know what to expect for sure. But from what I have seen and heard, I think we'll see numbers pretty consistent with Patterson's. Minus the shutouts. I wasn't a huge Patterson fan. Like Milner, I think he benefited from those playing in front of him. Except early in the season. Patterson was hot early and carried the defense for the first month.

Gophers are going to have a deep, veteran defense. I think that helps whomever starts get settled. Without a doubt the biggest question coming into this season though.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                  So the "anamoly" is the full season as a starter as a junior, but his underclassman years as a backup are his true self? You realize he played in 12 more games this year than the first two combined right? Face it... The guy went a full season in Hockey East with a 1.66 GAA... That's not an anomoly. If that's the case then Kent Patterson's "true" numbers were when he backed up Kangas. This year was just one big fluke.
                  Yes, that is my opinion. You're entitled to your own. I guess we'll see who's right next season.

Comment

Might as well chip in with my top 5 for next year...

1. Boston College - They are loaded throughout their lineup. They should have no problems scoring, and have a strong defense and arguably the best goalie in the country heading into next season means that the Eagles will be favored to win it all to start the season.
                    2. Western Michigan - The Broncos return nearly all of their scoring from a very strong squad this past season. Add to that arguably the best blueline in the country and a Super soph in Slubowski, and I think Western makes their first Frozen Four appearance in 2012-2013.
                    3. Minnesota - The Gophers have a ton of scoring coming back, and their defense should be quite strong. The biggest question mark is in net, and if Minnesota can get that figured out, they could find themselves back at the Frozen Four.
                    4. North Dakota - North Dakota surprised many of their own fans with how they overcame adversity in 2011-2012. The Sioux should have plenty of scoring and may have the best blueline in the country next season. Once again, look for North Dakota to play their best hockey in the second half of the season.
                    5. Cornell - The Big Red return the majority of their scoring, and have a great goaltender in Andy Iles. I do think the ECAC will be stronger next season, but I think that will only help Cornell. They could very well put together a great winning %, and get a #1 seed. I wouldn't be surprised if the Big Red were skating in Pittsburgh next April.

On the cusp: (no particular order)
                    Union, SCSU, Notre Dame, Michigan, Lowell
                    North Dakota

Comment

there is nothing like supporting your small sample size argument with an even smaller sample size
                      “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                      Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                      Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                      National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

1. Cornell
                        2. Notre Dame
                        3. Pittsburgh Penguins' goalie coach
                        4. UMass-Amherst
                        5. Mel Kiper's hair
                        sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

Might as well chip in with my top 5 for next year...

1. Boston College - They are loaded throughout their lineup. They should have no problems scoring, and have a strong defense and arguably the best goalie in the country heading into next season means that the Eagles will be favored to win it all to start the season.
                          2. Western Michigan - The Broncos return nearly all of their scoring from a very strong squad this past season. Add to that arguably the best blueline in the country and a Super soph in Slubowski, and I think Western makes their first Frozen Four appearance in 2012-2013.
                          3. Minnesota - The Gophers have a ton of scoring coming back, and their defense should be quite strong. The biggest question mark is in net, and if Minnesota can get that figured out, they could find themselves back at the Frozen Four.
                          4. North Dakota - North Dakota surprised many of their own fans with how they overcame adversity in 2011-2012. The Sioux should have plenty of scoring and may have the best blueline in the country next season. Once again, look for North Dakota to play their best hockey in the second half of the season.
                          5. Cornell - The Big Red return the majority of their scoring, and have a great goaltender in Andy Iles. I do think the ECAC will be stronger next season, but I think that will only help Cornell. They could very well put together a great winning %, and get a #1 seed. I wouldn't be surprised if the Big Red were skating in Pittsburgh next April.

On the cusp: (no particular order)
                          Union, SCSU, Notre Dame, Michigan, Lowell
                          Minnesota is too damm high.

**NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            Minnesota is too damm high.

I thought you guys got rid of Birkholz. And to be fair, they're too high until Friday, then they're about right.
                            tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by A Shot and a Goal View Post
                              1. Cornell
                              2. Notre Dame
                              3. Pittsburgh Penguins' goalie coach
                              4. UMass-Amherst
                              5. Mel Kiper's hair
                              Donald Trump will be jealous.
                              GO DU !!!

Comment

College Hockey Weekly has weighed in on their "Top 13 for 2012-2013"...

http://www.collegehockeyweekly.com/2...13-Top-13.html

For full disclosure, here was my ballot...
                                1. BC
                                2. Western Michigan
                                3. Minnesota
                                4. North Dakota
                                5. Cornell
                                6. SCSU
                                7. Notre Dame
                                8. Michigan
                                9. Union
                                10. Lowell
                                11. Wisconsin
                                12. Ferris State
                                13. Miami
                                North Dakota

Comment

Working...
                                X