This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Gopher 2012 offseason thread

So you're saying my chants probably aren't the best way to go about this?
    "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
      Ok, Wes...let me give you a little friendly advice on Gopher hockey babes. Very simply, buy a ride like the one below (the bike Wes, not the girl) and then take lots of photos of it. Here's how it works.

When you see the girl of your dreams, initiate a conversation anywhere at anytime on virtually any topic, it doesn't really matter with this proven method (weather, your nastiest bad habit, why hot dogs cause cancer, etc.). THEN...show them the photos! Abracadabra! The endorphins start circulating throughout the connective tissues and before you can say "spank my monkey"...bang...they'll be begging you for your phone number to offer you private massage treatments. Works every friggin' time. Good luck Wes and let me know if you have any questions.

*****http://i594.***********.com/albums/tt28/harleymc1/HarleyMCJan.jpg******
      Are they real?
      Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
      dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
      wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

In between eating their chocolate covered jalapenos, deep fried pickles and deep fried gator, Budish, Helgeson, Bjugs and tDon will stop by at the Fair for a Q & A on Aug 28.

Comment

Ok, Wes...let me give you a little friendly advice on Gopher hockey babes. Very simply, buy a ride like the one below (the bike Wes, not the girl) and then take lots of photos of it. Here's how it works.

When you see the girl of your dreams, initiate a conversation anywhere at anytime on virtually any topic, it doesn't really matter with this proven method (weather, your nastiest bad habit, why hot dogs cause cancer, etc.). THEN...show them the photos! Abracadabra! The endorphins start circulating throughout the connective tissues and before you can say "spank my monkey"...bang...they'll be begging you for your phone number to offer you private massage treatments. Works every friggin' time. Good luck Wes and let me know if you have any questions.

*****http://i594.***********.com/albums/tt28/harleymc1/HarleyMCJan.jpg******
          Q: What's the difference between a Harley and a Hoover?
          A: The position of the dirtbag.
          "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
          Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
          The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
          Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
            Q: What's the difference between a Harley and a Hoover?
            A: The position of the dirtbag.
            Q: What's the difference between Ralph Englestad and the Hindenburg?
            A: One's a flaming Nazi gas-bag, and the other is a dirigible.

Comment

Q: What's the difference between Ralph Englestad and the Hindenburg?
              A: One was a flaming Nazi gas-bag, and the other was a dirigible.
              FYB, easy on the fumes stud.
              "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
              Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
                FYB, easy on the fumes stud.
                Additionally, who is Ralph Englestad? I wonder if he has any relation to John Maryuchi?
                North Dakota
                National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                  Additionally, who is Ralph Englestad? I wonder if he has any relation to John Maryuchi?
                  Standby, here comes the bad boy from behind the keyboard 3...2...1.....

Comment

Help!

In Hudson today and plan on going into Minneapolis tonight. Need some quick advice.

Back in the early 90's used to go down to City Center and wander. Looking online, it seems that it may not be a great place to go anymore?

Is it still there? is it open late or does everything shut down early.

Just want an urban and safe environment to kill some time tonight.

Probably eat at the Loon Cafe as that was my wife and I's first date back in 92.

Should we go to Uptown instead? Is Uptown still Uptown? Is it still cool?

Haven't been to Minneapolis since 93, so lots has probably changed.

Need to know by 3:30 or so. Thanks!

Oh yeah. With wife and two pre-teens so not looking for night life. Looking for lively (safe) urban area to wander.
                    Last edited by Gurtholfin; 08-23-2012, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                      Help!

In Hudson today and plan on going into Minneapolis tonight. Need some quick advice.

Back in the early 90's used to go down to City Center and wander. Looking online, it seems that it may not be a great place to go anymore?

Probably eat at the Loon Cafe as that was my wife and I's first date back in 92.

Oh yeah. With wife and two pre-teens so not looking for night life. Looking for lively (safe) urban area to wander.
                      I like how you come to USCHO for this

Uptown is still around. Very hipster, but lots of shops/restaurants/etc and probably as "safe" as you will find. City Center isn't really City Center anymore, and while I never feel unsafe around there, I'm not sure if you would think it's "safe"

Otherwise go across the river into Northeast. Right when you cross the river there are a few shops, family-friendly pubs, and if the weather is nice you can head down to St. Anthony Main (to the right along the river right as you cross the bridge out of Downtown) and walk/grab a drink/eat along the river (weather looks iffy right now though).

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                        Help!

I'd just head down to Mariucci Arena and say a few prayers at the alter in USA Hockey's Mecca

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
                          I like how you come to USCHO for this

Uptown is still around. Very hipster, but lots of shops/restaurants/etc and probably as "safe" as you will find. City Center isn't really City Center anymore, and while I never feel unsafe around there, I'm not sure if you would think it's "safe"

Otherwise go across the river into Northeast. Right when you cross the river there are a few shops, family-friendly pubs, and if the weather is nice you can head down to St. Anthony Main (to the right along the river right as you cross the bridge out of Downtown) and walk/grab a drink/eat along the river (weather looks iffy right now though).

I said "safe" more than once didn't I?

Never was too concerned back in the day, but got kids now and like I said, things have probably changed a bit since the early 90's.

No offense meant towards your fine city.

I do go to Milwaukee after all, so how bad could anything up here be? Although I know where NOT to go in Milwaukee.

Oh yeah, and USCHO is a great travel guide. Who else to guide a hockey person than other hockey people. Somehow, I didn't think the Blackhawks or Brewers boards would be much help.

Thanks for the advice.

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
                            I'd just head down to Mariucci Arena and say a few prayers at the alter in USA Hockey's Mecca
                            Gotta wait till my bladder is full for that...

I've missed you btw.

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
                              I'm not sure if you would think it's "safe"
                              Quick story which may help to explain my pathology on this.

On Vacation with family when I was about 13 or so. Went to New Orleans. Went on walking tour of the French Quarter (FUN! Thanks dad! ).

Picture midwestern family, dad with camera around his neck dark socks and boat shoes. Super-obvious that we weren't local.

Dad sees a "short cut" on the map. "We can cut 10 blocks off if we go down these streets!" He was/is one of those dads.

Guess why the route went around that area. The only thing I can think of as to why we weren't mugged or worse is that the locals must have thought it was a setup. "No way man, gotta be a setup! TOO easy!"

Prostitutes, people on porches lighting up, what looked like a gang. We still give him crap about it. Another of your "short cuts" dad?

Now I try and check things out before I wander a big city that I'm unfamiliar with.
                              Last edited by Gurtholfin; 08-23-2012, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Its probably late now. But I'd go to St Anthony Main with what you've said.

Cool foot paths, restaurants, bridges, views, etc.
                                Go Gophers!

Comment

Working...
                                X