X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Gopher 2012 offseason thread

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
    The point is, there is no guarantee with freshmen D-men in the WCHA. Thinking that a few freshmen D will step in and immediately be factors isn't all that realistic IMO.
    This is such a tough one. Holl is pretty good and has some time under his belt. But the two frosh by all rights should be ramping up by the second half if given a chance.

Edit: Remember Rau, Warning and Marshall were all frosh of similar recruit stature...and were flying by the end of the season. (I do see that you mentioned that its tougher for D which is true.)
    Last edited by 5mn_Major; 07-24-2012, 12:31 PM.
    Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
      This is such a tough one. Holl is pretty good and has some time under his belt. But the two frosh by all rights should be ramping up by the second half if given a chance.

Edit: Remember Rau, Warning and Marshall were all frosh of similar recruit stature...and were flying by the end of the season. (I do see that you mentioned that its tougher for D which is true.)
      I wouldn't necessarily saying "flying" in the case of Marshall and Warning. They had their moments and they were unnoticeable(even bad in some cases) other times. Rau, on the other hand, was "flying" right from the get go. On the topic of Warning, I expect big things from him this year as a sophomore. I hope he finds a good place to fit into the lineup and puts up some numbers! He showed flashes last year and it would be great to see him put it all together this year.
      "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

I wouldn't necessarily saying "flying" in the case of Marshall and Warning. They had their moments and they were unnoticeable(even bad in some cases) other times. Rau, on the other hand, was "flying" right from the get go. On the topic of Warning, I expect big things from him this year as a sophomore. I hope he finds a good place to fit into the lineup and puts up some numbers! He showed flashes last year and it would be great to see him put it all together this year.
        OK...flying is a bit much. But I will agree that all three had flashes of great play and say that they did deserved their positions on top two lines. Some tough decisions will need to be made on the roster...particularly on the blue line. And knowing how Lucia approaches such things it could well be Holl or other similar players that sit more often.
        Go Gophers!

Comment

Still love the fact that he decides to do that to Rau with Ambroz directly behind him in the line. Dude just wasn't very bright.
          I must be watching a different video because in the one I watched Ambroz was the one who ended up on his azz...Rau of course is joining a long storied history of wimpy gopher players that take cheap shots and then hide behind the refs. It too bad that Rau's slash on Blood caused Ambroz to be put in such a embarrassing position...

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
            OK...flying is a bit much. But I will agree that all three had flashes of great play and say that they did deserved their positions on top two lines. Some tough decisions will need to be made on the roster...particularly on the blue line. And knowing how Lucia approaches such things it could well be Holl or other similar players that sit more often.
            Agreed, it's a good problem to have as a coaching staff as long as all the players accept their roles and continue to work hard in practice and when given the opportunity in games.

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
            I must be watching a different video because in the one I watched Ambroz was the one who ended up on his azz...Rau of course is joining a long storied history of wimpy gopher players that take cheap shots and then hide behind the refs. It too bad that Rau's slash on Blood caused Ambroz to be put in such a embarrassing position...
            Blood is just lucky is was Ambroz and not Helgeson.
            "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

• Originally posted by willythekid View Post
              Yep, and Ben Blood's tantrum driven slap shot at a Gopher player as time expired on a thurough thumping by the Gophers on your home ice had nothing to do with the events that transpired I suppose?

Ben Blood, another in a long line of low skill thugs UND has thrown on the ice to play a brand of low class hockey that fits it's fanbase.

Awesome stuff!

Comment

Blood should've gone after a ref like Reed Larson did.
                Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  Details please. I missed that show.
                  There was a link in either this thread or the "MN: We're so special" were some donkey named jdubbs sent a couple emails then eventually called in and got ripped by Danny B, it was some of the same statements based loosely on dreams and Arnold Schwarzenegger movies that JDUBBS has brought into hockey threads.
                  "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                  Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                  The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                  Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
                    Yep, and Ben Blood's tantrum driven slap shot at a Gopher player as time expired on a thurough thumping by the Gophers on your home ice had nothing to do with the events that transpired I suppose?

Ben Blood, another in a long line of low skill thugs UND has thrown on the ice to play a brand of low class hockey that fits it's fanbase.

Awesome stuff!
                    you forgot to mention he is from Minnesota...

Comment

• Originally posted by willythekid View Post
                      you forgot to mention he is from Minnesota...
                      It doesn't need to be mentioned. Everyone knows many, many of your players are. You're welcome

In Blood's case, we should be thanking you for taking our garbage.

Comment

It doesn't need to be mentioned. Everyone knows many, many of your players are. You're welcome

In Blood's case, we should be thanking you for taking our garbage.
                        ...or maybe Blood was corrupted by the vile that is UND and would have been fine playing elsewhere.
                        Last edited by SanTropez; 07-24-2012, 02:02 PM.

Comment

And before someone starts up with the "who cares where players are from" and "Gopher fans are so provincial" blah, blah, blah nonsense....

@SchlossmanGF: Also believe it will be the first team since 1994-95 with no GF natives and first since 1979-80 with no North Dakotans.
                          The only reason UND fans say where players come from doesn't matter is because North Dakota produces so few players. We all know if roles were reversed we'd be hearing 24x7 about how we import a a majority of our hockey players.

Thank God I'm a Gopher fan

Comment

Major net exporter of hockey. Your welcome north america!
                            Go Gophers!

Comment

And before someone starts up with the "who cares where players are from" and "Gopher fans are so provincial" blah, blah, blah nonsense....

The only reason UND fans say where players come from doesn't matter is because North Dakota produces so few players. We all know if roles were reversed we'd be hearing 24x7 about how we import a a majority of our hockey players.

Yes. Thank God you're a Gopher fan...
                              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                              Originally posted by Quizmire
                              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                                Details please. I missed that show.
                                http://www.kfan.com/cc-common/podcas...6416_27789.mp3 this should work. check the 4th and 13th minutes
                                tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Working...
                                X