• Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Gopher 2012 offseason thread

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
    Woo hoo!!! Great decision by B-jugs... we're comin' we're comin'

Comment

Great to hear!

I'm sure we'll see more of these type of plays from Bjugs this year.

Originally posted by CavalryNate
      Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
      sigpic

Comment

I'm amazed there isn't already a thread from some butthurt opposing fanbase complaining about how Gophers fans act like they already won the Championship.

Comment

Originally posted by William Blake View Post
          I'm amazed there isn't already a thread from some butthurt opposing fanbase complaining about how Gophers fans act like they already won the Championship.
          So wait you're upset that opposing fans aren't upset enough about Bjugstad coming back to start a thread? Well ummm, sorry, I guess? Maybe being obsessed with the Gophers is like being a teacher. Much like you wouldn't expect a teacher to work during the summer, neither should you expect other fanbases to be obsessed with Minnesota.
          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
            So wait you're upset that opposing fans aren't upset enough about Bjugstad coming back to start a thread? Well ummm, sorry, I guess? Maybe being obsessed with the Gophers is like being a teacher. Much like you wouldn't expect a teacher to work during the summer, neither should you expect other fanbases to be obsessed with Minnesota.
            meh, this is close, I guess. But it's not its own thread...

Comment

I don't think I ever remember an opposing fan starting a thread that claims the Gopher fans think they have already won the championship.

Congrats on retaining Bjugstad...
              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
              Originally posted by Quizmire
              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                I don't think I ever remember an opposing fan starting a thread that claims the Gopher fans think they have already won the championship.

Congrats on retaining Bjugstad...
                That's a given year after year. Why start a thread to point out what everyone already knows? Just hand us the trophy now and we'll spare all you the embarassement. Just trying to help.

It will happen regardless because everyone else IS obsessed. I think the real question is when the thread shows up about us started by an opposing fan about us going down the tubes because we lose a game or two.
                Last edited by Tiggsy; 07-12-2012, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                  It will happen regardless because everyone else IS obsessed. I think the real question is when the thread shows up about us started by an opposing fan about us going down the tubes because we lose a game or two.
                  The down the tubes threads are Happy...
                  Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                  Originally posted by Quizmire
                  mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                  MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                  MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                  I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Pieces are in place! Who said that again?
                    never up, never in!

Comment

Congrats on Bjugstad returning. A great talent coming back is always good for college hockey. Bjugstad likely will get many votes for preseason player of the year in the conference, and it will be well deserved. 6'5" forwards with that special knack for finding the back of the net don't come along all that often. It will be a pleasure watching him play for the Gophers next season...hopefully he doesn't kill North Dakota
                      North Dakota
                      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

This should be one fun year.

Thanks Nick!!
                        Go Gophers!

Comment

Bring out the hair dye and let the sandbagging begin!!!

Comment

Christmas in July! Gotta Love it! Thanks for coming back Nick!

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Yabadabadooo! Wise decision by Nick to return for some solid reasons. With the Panthers recent acquisition of Mueller and the high possibility of Huberdeau signing as a rookie forward next season, I think he saw the possibility of stepping onto NHL ice next season diminish a bit. He'll be nearly finished academically at the U after next season, and last but not least, the Gophers now have the most depth and talent of any team in the WCHA. This is going to be one helluva ride this coming season!

"I thought I had a pretty good season last year, but I kind of died down toward the end of the season. I want to have a strong full season. Obviously we did not end well with our last game and that kind of sits in the back of your head. It is important to me to hopefully make it back there and do better than we did".
                                Me thinks with B-jugs, the best is yet to come...

Go Gophers!

Comment

Working...
                                X