This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Gopher 2012 offseason thread

Was a Nazi sympathizer who had a portait of himself painted in a Nazi uniform and named it "To Adolf From Ralph".

Last edited by JDUBBS1280; 08-24-2012, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Don't forget that Marriucci also wore coats made out of table cloths.
      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
        You pity me? For what? I don't know if I am well liked around here but I think the only person I have seriously ****ed off is uaafanblog. You and him are pretty much in the same boat IMO hahahaha. I hate sue fans as much as the next guy, but FS23 is as good as they come. I think he figured out what gets you going and keeps pressing those same buttons over and over and over again because you fall for it every time! hahahahahaha
        You hate Sioux fans eh? I guess you will go on my ignore list on that rubechat site. Thank you.
        Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
          Was a Nazi sympathizer who had a portait of himself painted in a Nazi uniform and named it "To Adolf From Ralph".

Those who cannot remember the past are doomed to repeat it so you could say he was really more concerned about another world war or holocaust happening. Am I reaching? Maybe, but if you can do it so can I right? However, we all know that plausible deniability and the benefit of the doubt are courtesies you only extend to your personal heroes and opinions.....d0uche.
          "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
          Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
          The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
          Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

• Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
            Those who cannot remember the past are doomed to repeat it so you could say he was really more concerned about another world war or holocaust happening. Am I reaching? Maybe, but if you can do it so can I right? However, we all know that plausible deniability and the benefit of the doubt are courtesies you only extend to your personal heroes and opinions.....d0uche.
            "Plausible deniability"????

The guy had a portrait of himself painted in a Nazi uniform and named it "To Adolf From Ralph". Take a second and let that sink in.

Now, what was it you were saying about "plausible deniability"? Because what you're suggesting isn't a reach, it's a huge leap of faith at best and blind alligiance at worst.

Again, this isn't Minnesota vs North Dakota. In fact, Ralph was a Minnesotan. It's about honoring those who deserve it and not honoring those who don't.
            Last edited by JDUBBS1280; 08-24-2012, 07:04 PM.

Comment

"Plausible deniability"????

The guy had a portrait of himself painted in a Nazi uniform and named it "To Adolf From Ralph". Take a second and let that sink in.

Now, what was it you were saying about "plausible deniability"? Because what you're suggesting isn't a reach, it's a huge leap of faith at best and blind alligiance at worst.

Again, this isn't Minnesota vs North Dakota. In fact, Ralph was a Minnesotan. It's about honoring those who deserve it and not honoring those who don't.
              Let it go already. The guy was layed to rest,let it be.
              Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

It's about honoring those who deserve it and not honoring those who don't.
                And who are you to decide who those people are?

The fact that Mariucci was a veteran and Ralph was a fan of the Nazi's is irrelevant in terms of college hockey and the contributions to it and the school's they represent.
                "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                  And who are you to decide who those people are?

The fact that Mariucci was a veteran and Ralph was a fan of the Nazi's is irrelevant in terms of college hockey and the contributions to it and the school's they represent.
                  Yes, because the Nazi's were such wonderful people. We should all celebrate their values

And John Mariucci should be celebrated for more than what he did for the Gophers. He's in the US Hockey HOF and Hockey HOF for MUCH more than that.
                  Last edited by JDUBBS1280; 08-24-2012, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Yes, because the Nazi's were such wonderful people. We should all celebrate their values :rolleyes

And John Mariucci should be celebrated for more than what he did for the Gophers. He's in the US Hockey HOF and Hockey HOF for MUCH more than that.
                    Yeah because that's what I said.
                    And if Mariucci wasn't a Gopher, you wouldn't give a rats *** about his accomplishments.
                    I also have a feeling that if Ralph was a Gopher, and had given all the money to build a new arena for the Gophers, you'd be defending him.
                    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                    Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Yeah because that's what I said.
                      And if Mariucci wasn't a Gopher, you wouldn't give a rats *** about his accomplishments.
                      I also have a feeling that if Ralph was a Gopher, and had given all the money to build a new arena for the Gophers, you'd be defending him.
                      So now you're telling me what is and is not important to me?

Sorry, but none of what you said is true.

But if you think forking over a bunch of $$ for a new arena is such a huge contribution to the advancement of hockey in this country that we should forget the fact that the key contributor was a Nazi sympathizer, then why isn't Ralph in the Hockey Hall of Fame?

Funny that John is in both HOF's, and he never forked over millions to build an arena.

Stop making this something it's not. This transcends college allegiances. John Mariucci didn't just work to advance the Gophers. He worked hard to advance the game at all levels all over this country. He encouraged his former players (Blais, Johnson, etc) to coach elsewhere and grow the sport elsewhere. He fought to move UMD up to D1. His protige Brooks fought to move SCSU up to D1.

But let's keep lumping him in with Nazi scum bags. Great way to honor the man.

Comment

You turned this into something it wasn't a long time ago, why shouldn't the rest of us follow suit?
                        And sorry, with how many of your posts are pro Gopher/Minnesota and screw everything else, I have a hard time believing you wouldn't be defending Ralph.
                        No one said Ralph should be in the hall of fame for donating his money to his school, but that donation did help out his school and he deserves to be recognized for that regardless of what you or anyone else thinks of his politics.
                        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                        Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

You turned this into something it wasn't a long time ago, why shouldn't the rest of us follow suit?
                          And sorry, with how many of your posts are pro Gopher/Minnesota and screw everything else, I have a hard time believing you wouldn't be defending Ralph.
                          No one said Ralph should be in the hall of fame for donating his money to his school, but that donation did help out his school and he deserves to be recognized for that regardless of what you or anyone else thinks of his politics.
                          Sorry, but I don't support or celebrate Nazi's, regardless of whether they were Gophers. And the Nazi "politics" involved mass genocide. But hey, he built a hockey rink

Comment

Sorry, but I don't support or celebrate Nazi's, regardless of whether they were Gophers. And the Nazi "politics" involved mass genocide. But hey, he built a hockey rink
                            So if Sioux fans are ok with recognizing Ralph for the arena, are they celebrating or supporting Nazi's?
                            Why do we have to accept all these good things that Mariucci did and not accept anything Ralph did for his school because he collected Nazi memorabilia?
                            You don't get to decide who should or shouldn't be acknowledged for their gifts/contributions to the game or their school because you don't like something else they did in their lives.
                            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                            Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

So if Sioux fans are ok with recognizing Ralph for the arena, are they celebrating or supporting Nazi's?
                              Why do we have to accept all these good things that Mariucci did and not accept anything Ralph did for his school because he collected Nazi memorabilia?
                              You don't get to decide who should or shouldn't be acknowledged for their gifts/contributions to the game or their school because you don't like something else they did in their lives.
                              I don't care who or what UND fans celebrate. If they want to take gifts from Nazi's, that's their business.

Just don't use Mariucci in a defense of Ralph. It's an insult. John Mariucci did a million times more for hockey in this country, and this country in general.

Comment

I finally found something that I agree with JDubbs on. John Marriucci should be associated with Nazis.
                                Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Working...
                                X