This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota Gopher 2012 offseason thread

Gopher are lucky they didn't beat BC, cause they would not have been able to handle Ferris.
    Bob is making me concerned
    I am the voice of reason

Comment

It is official just one more year until Big Ten Hockey. *gulp*
      Last edited by 4four4; 04-07-2012, 09:10 PM.
      Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
      dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
      wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
        Gopher are lucky they didn't beat BC, cause they would not have been able to handle Ferris.
        You know what's awesome? It's the fact that this season's MN team accomplished more than your sorry team has in its entire history. Your crappy envious program will not be missed when we go to the B1G. Good riddance, Jan.

Comment

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
          You know what's awesome? It's the fact that this season's MN team accomplished more than your sorry team has in its entire history. Your crappy envious program will not be missed when we go to the B1G. Good riddance, Jan.
          Have fun in the Little Six. I know Penn state is a huge rival. Mary Oochie will be SRO when Ohio and Penn come to town, right?
          Last edited by Skeeterman; 04-07-2012, 10:20 PM.
          Bob is making me concerned
          I am the voice of reason

Comment

Have fun in the Little Six. I know Penn state is a huge rival. Mary Oochie will be SRO when Ohio and Penn come to town, right?
            It will definitely take some time, seeming no real Gopher fan wanted this.
            the state of hockey is good

Comment

Not all that different from hosting Mankato, Bemidji, UAA, or Tech in that regard.

Comment

Heard conversation on wcco today that Mike Guensel may be a head coach next year. Would he be a fit at Minn St? Anyone heard anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Map Man View Post
                  Heard conversation on wcco today that Mike Guensel may be a head coach next year. Would he be a fit at Minn St? Anyone heard anything.
                  There are a few rumors circulating. One is that Lucia will become the B10 commish, and Guentzel will become head coach. The other is the one you just mentioned. All we know is that Eades threw his hat in at Kato at this point.
                  the state of hockey is good

Comment

Patterson, Bjugstad Named Second-Team All-American.

Mike Guentzel told KEYC Fox TV Mankato yesterday in an email regarding the head coaching job at MSUM, "I am sure it is an attractive situation and one in which I will look into further in the coming days."

EDIT:

Mankato Free Press reported that AD Buisman wants a new head coach by the end of this month.

Guentzel's has expressed interest in the MSUM job and I would think he would be the top candidate over OTHERS mentioned.

If Guentzel takes the MSUM job, without a doubt it's a huge loss for the Gopher hockey program.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                      That's right, I forgot--your memory goes back to 2002.
                      In terms of college hockey, it's 1970 when I started watching.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                        In terms of college hockey, it's 1970 when I started watching.
                        Good historical context to have. Bill Butters and others, both Gopher and Sioux, made the current rough play drama seem like ladies aid.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                          There are a few rumors circulating. One is that Lucia will become the B10 commish, and Guentzel will become head coach. The other is the one you just mentioned. All we know is that Eades threw his hat in at Kato at this point.
                          All I can say is the U had better not lose Guentzel again; I really do not want to see the defense revert back to what it was doing a couple years ago.

Comment

From what I am told (from somebody that I know that talks to Guentzel pretty regularly), he's really not going to go to Mankato unless the salary blows away what Jutting made. They'd likely have to top the base salary that Sandelin (235K) and Pearson (250k) got last year from their respective schools. We are talking a minimum 100K more than Jutting got and probably even more. I don't see Mankato going that high. I'm not sure he'd really do it even if they did.
                            University of Minnesota

Twitter: Hammy Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Hammy View Post
                              From what I am told (from somebody that I know that talks to Guentzel pretty regularly), he's really not going to go to Mankato unless the salary blows away what Jutting made. They'd likely have to top the base salary that Sandelin (235K) and Pearson (250k) got last year from their respective schools. We are talking a minimum 100K more than Jutting got and probably even more. I don't see Mankato going that high. I'm not sure he'd really do it even if they did.
                              It will never happen at that salary. He's never been a head coach before and may never become one if that's his plan.

Comment

Originally posted by Map Man View Post
                                He's never been a head coach before and may never become one if that's his plan.
                                Mel Pearson wasn't a head coach at this level prior to last season either. Didn't seem to stop him from getting a big salary.
                                University of Minnesota

Twitter: Hammy Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X