X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snively65
    replied
    Re: Bentley Hockey 2012-2013: The New Era of JAR Pride Begins

Well, so much for Bentley's first game this season against a western pod AHA team.

Leave a comment:

• komey1
    replied

Pittsburgh is about 5 hours away from Rochester - not a full day trip. It should not be a big deal for that game - especially given a full travel day.

Leave a comment:

• eXcSports
    replied

Here's the game prep for this weekend against RMU.

Interesting notes coming into today:

- There's going to be a lot of focus on how Bentley plays this weekend. They've killed two poor teams, lost to two good teams. A little bit of the same for RMU. They beat Quinnipiac in a split, and Qpac is a decent team. But they lost badly to Air Force and didn't look great in beating RIT (who's a very up-and-down team in their own right this year).

- The cause for RMU's loss to Air Force can easily be blamed on a short turnaround from Rochester to Pittsburgh. They beat RIT on the road, then had to turn around and drive home to Pittsburgh to play Air Force. That's a lot of travel in even a 3 day time period, and where Air Force is used to it, RMU isn't. So we don't really know what kind of team RMU is going to be. This weekend will go a long way to proving that.

- Bentley is in Pittsburgh; not sure if they flew, but a flight would go a long way to ease up on traveling. It would be substantially more expensive, so it wouldn't shock me to see a 14-hour bus ride. That may factor into the Friday game as they get legs under them. I know RMU bused to Watertown last year.

- Bentley has to answer the bell this weekend. These are the games they have to win if they want to finish top four in the conference. The issue has always been an inability to win out west, and if they can go out west and handle a team, then they'll vault over Holy Cross as the class of the east. HC is still smarting from a loss to Army where they were exposed very badly on defense.

- Switzer and Grieve are the two players to watch. They've been a little quiet (even though I listed the point scorers).

Leave a comment:

• Humanoid
    replied

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
    I am a traditionalist and think that having two zamboni's is over-rated. Just have a good technician on hand who can fix the one zamboni when it breaks down, and all is good.
    Do we really think the JAR has a decent technician to fix a Zamboni? The only thing they can fix is the pain of glass when it falls out on the far side. And even that's questionable.

Leave a comment:

• Snively65
    replied

Originally posted by mwade View Post
    Do not copy the not Bright's lighting or storage area (they only have one zamboni because there is only room for one zamboni).
    I am a traditionalist and think that having two zamboni's is over-rated. Just have a good technician on hand who can fix the one zamboni when it breaks down, and all is good.

Leave a comment:

• mwade
    replied

Do not copy the not Bright's lighting or storage area (they only have one zamboni because there is only room for one zamboni).

Leave a comment:

• beenthere77
    replied

Good Idea no great idea !!!!!

Sorry that I could not get to Bright on Saturday night. Melissa Wade has a great photo of the stands filled with Bentley blue and yellow in her Saturday mini-gallery posted above.

Maybe we can pull off a MIT-style prank some night and move Bright to Bentley's campus without anyone noticing?

Leave a comment:

• Snively65
    replied

Originally posted by schiegs View Post
    Was at the game Saturday night. It is just plain and simple; Harvard was bigger, faster, and stronger. I do think their level of talent over ours influenced the refs, as there were some pretty blatant poor calls. I guess its no different than in the pros, where proven veterans get the calls and rookies don't. Regardless, it would not have influenced the outcome enough to make a difference.

There was really only one aspect where Bentley absolutely dominated The Crimson; in the stands. Easily 3:1, probably more. If it weren't for the Harvard marketing pieces everywhere, it could have been mistaken for a Bentley home game. Whole family had a blast.

On a completely unrelated note: Bright seems to be a perfect template for a reasonable on-campus arena for Bentley. Just sayin'.
    Sorry that I could not get to Bright on Saturday night. Melissa Wade has a great photo of the stands filled with Bentley blue and yellow in her Saturday mini-gallery posted above.

Maybe we can pull off a MIT-style prank some night and move Bright to Bentley's campus without anyone noticing?

Leave a comment:

• schiegs
    replied

Was at the game Saturday night. It is just plain and simple; Harvard was bigger, faster, and stronger. I do think their level of talent over ours influenced the refs, as there were some pretty blatant poor calls. I guess its no different than in the pros, where proven veterans get the calls and rookies don't. Regardless, it would not have influenced the outcome enough to make a difference.

There was really only one aspect where Bentley absolutely dominated The Crimson; in the stands. Easily 3:1, probably more. If it weren't for the Harvard marketing pieces everywhere, it could have been mistaken for a Bentley home game. Whole family had a blast.

On a completely unrelated note: Bright seems to be a perfect template for a reasonable on-campus arena for Bentley. Just sayin'.

Leave a comment:

• Snively65
    replied

Originally posted by eXcSports View Post
    Not sure if I posted this one, but another player committed to Bentley. Hard-nosed blueliner.

http://excalibursportspage.com/2012/...-line-special/
    Sounds like Bentley will become deeper at defense next season, with a Canadian to join the seven Yanks. Contrast that with seven Canadians up front this season, two of whom will graduate, but at least one incoming Canadian commited.

Leave a comment:

• eXcSports
    replied

Not sure if I posted this one, but another player committed to Bentley. Hard-nosed blueliner.

http://excalibursportspage.com/2012/...-line-special/

Leave a comment:

• Snively65
    replied

Originally posted by mwade View Post
    Mini-gallery from last night vs. Harvard - http://www.uscho.com/photos/2012/10/...ey-at-harvard/ Had planned on adding captions after getting some sleep, but my desktop monitor which briefly came back to life postgame is dead again this morning so I can't access the files right now. Sorry.
    I liked the Friday night mini-gallery better than the Saturday night one.

Leave a comment:

• eXcSports
    replied

Couple of tidbits:

Gladiuk named AHA Rookie of the Week:

http://excalibursportspage.com/2012/...e-of-the-week/

Bentley receives commitment from Brady Shaw:

http://excalibursportspage.com/2012/...bentley-bound/

Leave a comment:

• beenthere77
    replied

Need strenght more than balance in d paring to get the W's in conference play.

24-21
    2-4
    20-18

Leave a comment:

• eXcSports
    replied

Gotta work on you're spelling, Alslammerz.

But, yes, we would like to help your pairwise. We still have games at Northeastern, Lowell, and Dartmouth that could help, although I do not see us making a TUC, unless we run the table against Holy Cross, Air Force, RIT, and Niagara.
    Honestly, no AHA team ever becomes a TUC without running some form of OOC table. Right now, unless it's Niagara, RIT, or Air Force, it probably won't happen. And even then, Niagara completely killed their chances by giving up a 10 to Colgate.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X