Bentley Hockey 2012-2013: The New Era of JAR Pride Begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bentley Hockey 2012-2013: The New Era of JAR Pride Begins

Temperatures in the 60s on Friday and down to 50s at night. I have a bad vibe about the JAR in this type of weather. prepare for Fog and limited vision folks!
    Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

Originally posted by Humanoid View Post
      Temperatures in the 60s on Friday and down to 50s at night. I have a bad vibe about the JAR in this type of weather. prepare for Fog and limited vision folks!
      Bring in some auxillary chillers, like they do for the Frozen Fenway games. Should not cost too much.

Comment

Just read that you guys have 16 fan buses going to Harvard? I have to say, very impressive.
        Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
        2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
        2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
        2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Game prep up for tomorrow. Will have a separate one for Saturday. GO FALCONS!

Looking forward to this weekend. Always a reminder if you're at the game. Stop by and say hi up in the press box. I get lonely.

http://excalibursportspage.com/2012/...ma-huntsville/
          Win today and we'll walk together forever. -Ray Shero

Comment

It was all Bentley tonight, although I did not expect quite as lopsided a score as 9-1. But, Alabama-Huntsville goalies left a lot of juicy rebounds right in front of their net and the Falcons capitalized four times. Overall, a well played clean game, and Huntsville had plenty of scoring chances of their own, but Komm gave them zero rebounds. I was surprised that Komm was in the net at all tonight, especially in the third period when this game was long over. He would have had a shut out but for a silly tripping call on O’Brien midway through the second period, which led to the only Huntsville goal late in the Bentley PK. By and large the refs let a lot of incidental stuff go tonight, and waived off a number of icing calls, which really helped the flow of the game.

I think that Soderquist found his second line tonight in the three frosh Derek Bacon (1 G, 3 A), Andrew Gladiuk (2 G, 1 A), and Tyler Krause (2 A), who were all over the ice. Gensler’s productivity dropped off with only 1 G and 1 A (ha, ha), but the first line did not see much ice time in the third. The third and fourth lines with 3 seniors, 2 juniors, and Alex Kubiak were real grinders the entire night; hope that they saved something to wear down Hahvud tomorrow night.

I think that Steve Weinstein is one of two best skaters on the team; the guy can really fly.

Attendance was a bit off from the Falcons opening game against Sacred Heart, but perhaps students are saving it for Hahvud (supposedly 750 Bentley tickets sold for Bright). Falcons Nest was loud as always, and they are really getting some chants down pat, accompanied by horns.

I am pulling for Huntsville to get their first win of the season tomorrow night, as they really deserve better than playing 20 of their 22 Div 1 games on the road. The AHA or the reformed CCHA should take them in, through cost sharing or whatever. There is simply too much hockey history in that town not to have a Div 1 team.

Good luck to the Falcons tomorrow night at Bright.

Comment

Mini-gallery from yesterday - http://www.uscho.com/recaps/2012/10/...over-chargers/

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
              HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
              HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Careful in calling them "Hahvud" - you might upset them and then they'll cry about how great they are and how we don't have a real program. Harvard fans are petulant; if you want an example go look at their board. I posted an article with a spelling error and they couldn't wait to make a comment about my lack of spelling prowess. They also don't deal with criticisms very well.

I realize by saying this I might invite inflammatory statements or receive *GASP* negative reputation from them. But hey, what can I do? I'm just a lowly Bentley fan
                Of course, that was a Cornell fan, but hey, whatever.
                Former Harvard Hockey broadcaster on 95.3 FM and WHRB.org.
                Go Crimson!

Comment

Mini-gallery from last night vs. Harvard - http://www.uscho.com/photos/2012/10/...ey-at-harvard/ Had planned on adding captions after getting some sleep, but my desktop monitor which briefly came back to life postgame is dead again this morning so I can't access the files right now. Sorry.

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
                  HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
                  HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

• Originally posted by mwade View Post
                    Mini-gallery from last night vs. Harvard - http://www.uscho.com/photos/2012/10/...ey-at-harvard/ Had planned on adding captions after getting some sleep, but my desktop monitor which briefly came back to life postgame is dead again this morning so I can't access the files right now. Sorry.
                    Just blame it on the JAR. Somehow it has to be that fault.

Comment

Originally posted by alslammerz View Post
                      Of course, that was a Cornell fan, but hey, whatever.
                      Of all the things you could add to our board, you choose to do that? How about something of how the Bentley defense was exposed by a good Harvard offense... something, anything... you have to give me something more than that my man! More importantly, if you're the radio broadcaster do you really want to be calling out a fan? Eh.. like you said. Whatever. I'm supposed to be an idiot. You're not.

ANYWAYS - here's the pros and cons about the game last Saturday:

Pros:
                      - Harvard was booed out of their own building to start, and people noticed. Joe Meloni of CHN made sure to tweet it out, which was a nice pro-Bentley tweet from a major source. It was definitely a coming out party of sorts for Bentley, and the fans didn't disappoint. The Harvard campus police did go over and tell the Falcons Nest Travel Unit to sit down for be thrown out of the building. I didn't really understand that. That happened during first intermission. So naturally, during the second period, they stood up. They also gave hell on wheels to the people who were participating in the on-ice contests. It was awesome. Simply awesome.

- Bentley's second period generated some good opportunities. Gensler had some good looks on net. Two goals were reviewed and taken off the board; one probably should've been a goal. The puck was in off the goalie Girard, and the refs reviewed and called it back. Let's call it "home cooking" on that one.

- Had it not been for Girard, Bentley could've had 3 or 4 goals in this. The offense was clicking for moments when they were able to punch through the netural zone.

- Komm played great. The goals not indicative of how well he played.

Cons:

- The defense did not play well. They need to tighten up badly in their own end. Harvard exposed them on several occasions, including two of teh goals. Greiner's first goal was an open look at Komm, and the Vesey goals could've been prevented. They hung Komm out to dry, couldn't get back in time, committed too easily to one skater. This team needs to find someone who can replace Switzer, who covered up most of the holes, and Bonnett, who could take anybody out of the game.

- Bentley had their own game rammed down their throats. Harvard controlled the neutral zone, got breakouts, got physical, agitated Bentley. Behind plays, away from referees, the Crimson were great at getting Bentley angry. They were hitting after the whistle, shoving, and pushing, snow-coning the goalie. HOnestly, that's what bentley does and does so well. It gets the other team out of their eleemnt. Harvard bullied Bentley, and the Falcons responded in the wrong fashion.

- The refs. My god, the refs are horrible. Breton was hauled down by the throat, and there should've been a penalty shot. Everyone in the arena thought penalty shot. But the refs DIDNT EVEN CALL A PENALTY. Ledford got run into the boards twice by Fallstrom to the point he was on the ice and didn't get up. Not only did the refs NOT call a penalty on a cross-check or boarding but THEY DIDNT EVEN STOP THE PLAY. They blew the goal on Girard, which I thought was in because I was sitting behind the Harvard net for it, and they called two really ticky-tack penalties. They let Harvard have their way. It was absolutely atrocious.

- Of course as soon as I say that, I realize this - Harvard was called for six penalties. But all except for 1 came in the third period and all of them came with Harvard up 3-0. Vesey's first goal for Harvard came when Bentley was on the PK, with Marginsky in the box for high sticking. Marginsky for high sticking gets called like candy - he's 6-6 for God's sakes. Bad calls.

- It doesn't excuse the defense though, or the lack of control in the neutral zone. Bentey couldn't get anything through the neutral zone, especially after Harvard set up to stop scoring. The Crimson looked ocntent to just skate it in and dump, change lines, and retreat to the neutral zone inthe third. Then the kid 21 (Everson?) barged in with Fallstrom after there was a minute to go and beat Komm. We were all leaving at that point. Stat padding goal, but hey, if you getthe chance why not?

The Skinny:
                      Bentley's lost 2 games against good teams and demolished 2 bad teams. They need to see what they'll be against an average team. RMU this weekend down in Pittsburgh? Guess that's a good start.
                      Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

The first and second line Defensive pairings in sacred heart and michighan were very strong. Changes to both those units in the Harvard game did not work out very well.

Comment

Report card for the weekend. I weighed more onto the Harvard game than the UAH game, namely because I feel like they could've done better against the Crimson than they did against the Chargers. They really executed perfectly but it was more of a "you're supposed to" in the UAH game. They just did it better than we expected.

The Harvard game - I think we expected more. Still, it was a great crowd, and I don't blame the coaches or the players. Harvard was just better.

http://excalibursportspage.com/2012/...3-report-card/

Comment

Of all the things you could add to our board, you choose to do that? How about something of how the Bentley defense was exposed by a good Harvard offense... something, anything... you have to give me something more than that my man! More importantly, if you're the radio broadcaster do you really want to be calling out a fan?
                            Well, since I posted that before the game I guess I should have just guessed that your defense was going to get run out of the Bright Center? Also you should check my signature. See, the word former means not actively the radio broadcaster anymore. My seats are in section 10, not the press box anymore. As to posting that in your thread, you were the one chirping us for being petulant and whiny for complaining about your spelling mistakes, in our thread and yours. I wanted to point out that no Harvard fans actually cared about that at all, and were actually completely civil to you in our thread.

I'm supposed to be an idiot.
                            And your doing a heckuva job of it.

To the 95% of the Bentley fans that were loud and supported Bentley in a positive manner, KUTGW. Hope you guys have a great rest of the year, if only to help our pairwise.
                            Former Harvard Hockey broadcaster on 95.3 FM and WHRB.org.
                            Go Crimson!

Comment

Originally posted by alslammerz View Post
                              And your doing a heckuva job of it.

To the 95% of the Bentley fans that were loud and supported Bentley in a positive manner, KUTGW. Hope you guys have a great rest of the year, if only to help our pairwise.
                              Gotta work on you're spelling, Alslammerz.

But, yes, we would like to help your pairwise. We still have games at Northeastern, Lowell, and Dartmouth that could help, although I do not see us making a TUC, unless we run the table against Holy Cross, Air Force, RIT, and Niagara.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                                Gotta work on you're spelling, Alslammerz.

But, yes, we would like to help your pairwise. We still have games at Northeastern, Lowell, and Dartmouth that could help, although I do not see us making a TUC, unless we run the table against Holy Cross, Air Force, RIT, and Niagara.
                                Honestly, no AHA team ever becomes a TUC without running some form of OOC table. Right now, unless it's Niagara, RIT, or Air Force, it probably won't happen. And even then, Niagara completely killed their chances by giving up a 10 to Colgate.

Comment

Working...
                                X