Bentley Hockey 2012-2013: The New Era of JAR Pride Begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bentley Hockey 2012-2013: The New Era of JAR Pride Begins

I felt badly for the Chargers last Thanksgiving when they got bludgeoned by three Hockey East teams in four nights. But, Bentley cannot overlook the Chargers, even with the excitement of 750+ screaming Falcons fans joining the team at Bright the next night.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
      I felt badly for the Chargers last Thanksgiving when they got bludgeoned by three Hockey East teams in four nights. But, Bentley cannot overlook the Chargers, even with the excitement of 750+ screaming Falcons fans joining the team at Bright the next night.
      I feel like the hubbubb surrounding the weekend needs to be projected two-prong. This is a very good chance for Bentley to assert some dominance on a lower-tier team. Nothing against UAH because I feel horrible for the way they've been treated the last 3 years by the NCAA, but Bentley needs to reassert itself after a 6-3 loss with a big beatdown.

I'm assuming there will be bus service to the JAR again from the campus?
      Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

It appears that perhaps Bentley returned about 30 tickets to Harvard, as there are a bunch of contiguous seats that just opened up near the Bentley bench. About 40 tix left total.

I will be the clown behind the Bentley bench with the retro/old school 2002 Bentley jersey. My wife will be the obnoxious loud one.
        Bentley University Hockey
        On-campus arena: Build it, and they will come...

Comment

Latest write up focusing on the perception of Harvard and why this becomes a big game on Saturday:

http://excalibursportspage.com/2012/...rvard-matters/
          Win today and we'll walk together forever. -Ray Shero

Comment

The Falcons Nest always has people on the inside, so we were able to reserve the last three rows in the section behind the Bentley Bench. I told them to put Gloria Larson as far away from the nest as possible...things tend to get a little rowdy.

Comment

Originally posted by Humanoid View Post
              I feel like the hubbubb surrounding the weekend needs to be projected two-prong. This is a very good chance for Bentley to assert some dominance on a lower-tier team. Nothing against UAH because I feel horrible for the way they've been treated the last 3 years by the NCAA, but Bentley needs to reassert itself after a 6-3 loss with a big beatdown.

I'm assuming there will be bus service to the JAR again from the campus?
              Yes buses will be available for students on Friday for the UAH beat down. The Nest will be in full force. Horns, Signs, cheat sheets the whole 9 yards. Might have to shut it down in the 3rd if we are up big to save our voices for Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by FalconsNest View Post
                Yes buses will be available for students on Friday for the UAH beat down. The Nest will be in full force. Horns, Signs, cheat sheets the whole 9 yards. Might have to shut it down in the 3rd if we are up big to save our voices for Saturday.
                This alum approves. Bravo!
                Bentley University Hockey
                On-campus arena: Build it, and they will come...

Comment

That would be my guess, too. The 10+2 matching major roughing and fighting penalty was a bit embarrassing in a game that was long decided. Of course, on the same play that led to the Koudys penalty, the 5-minute major on Hartung for "charging the goalie" was a joke, as Hartung did everything that he could to avoid the goalie, including his 10-point landing on top of the cage.

After seeing so much rubber on Friday night, wonder if Komm will get this coming Friday night off against Huntsville to be fresh for Hahvud?
                  Talked to Dan during the Michigan game and he told me he wasnt in the lineup to give Bacon some time. No punishment from Soder at all, just getting the freshman some playing time in a "meaningless" game. Would have been nice to have him out there but id rather they test out the new guys in OOC games then against Air Force or RIT.

Comment

• Originally posted by FalconsNest View Post
                    The Falcons Nest always has people on the inside, so we were able to reserve the last three rows in the section behind the Bentley Bench. I told them to put Gloria Larson as far away from the nest as possible...things tend to get a little rowdy.
                    Bringing the sign to Harvard? Haha

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

Originally posted by FalconsNest View Post
                      Talked to Dan during the Michigan game and he told me he wasnt in the lineup to give Bacon some time. No punishment from Soder at all, just getting the freshman some playing time in a "meaningless" game. Would have been nice to have him out there but id rather they test out the new guys in OOC games then against Air Force or RIT.
                      That makes sense to me, but I would say that the Huntsville game will be much more "meaningless" than was the Michigan game, where an upset win would have done wonders for Bentley and the AHA. Beating hapless Hunstville is expected. I put the Hahvud game in the same category as the Michigan one; no one is picking us to beat or even tie Hahvud in the AHA Pick 'Em thread.

Comment

That makes sense to me, but I would say that the Huntsville game will be much more "meaningless" than was the Michigan game, where an upset win would have done wonders for Bentley and the AHA. Beating hapless Hunstville is expected. I put the Hahvud game in the same category as the Michigan one; no one is picking us to beat or even tie Hahvud in the AHA Pick 'Em thread.
                        Careful in calling them "Hahvud" - you might upset them and then they'll cry about how great they are and how we don't have a real program. Harvard fans are petulant; if you want an example go look at their board. I posted an article with a spelling error and they couldn't wait to make a comment about my lack of spelling prowess. They also don't deal with criticisms very well.

I realize by saying this I might invite inflammatory statements or receive *GASP* negative reputation from them. But hey, what can I do? I'm just a lowly Bentley fan

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

Correction: Two votes for Bentley over Hahvud in the AHA Pick 'Em thread.

Comment

Correction: Two votes for Bentley over Hahvud in the AHA Pick 'Em thread.
                            Admittedly, I'm going against Bentley in my pick (wahhhhhhhhhhhh).

I think the game is going to be insanely close, possibly even to OT, but Harvard picks up the win. I think it's going to be one of those games where it's 4-3 in OT, where Harvard is winning 3-1 and really coughs up the game and has to rally late, then they pick up the win by the skin of their teeth.

I'm not going to be shocked if Bentley wins this, and it was very tough. Plus, I didn't want to jinx them by picking Bentley and immediately watching them lose when I did (yes, I wholly believe if I picked Bentley, they'd lose the game).

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

Originally posted by Humanoid View Post
                              Admittedly, I'm going against Bentley in my pick (wahhhhhhhhhhhh).
                              Plus, I didn't want to jinx them by picking Bentley and immediately watching them lose when I did (yes, I wholly believe if I picked Bentley, they'd lose the game).
                              I am a scientist, so I do not believe in jinxes.

Comment

lol, cocky much?

Comment

Working...
                                X