• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bentley Hockey 2012-2013: The New Era of JAR Pride Begins

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
    We'll soften them up for you!
    This is the only time I'll ever say this:

Why did Cam Burt and Shane Madolora have to graduate?

Now excuse me while I douse myself in gasoline and go play with a bunson burner.
    Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

Originally posted by Humanoid View Post
      This is the only time I'll ever say this:

Why did Cam Burt and Shane Madolora have to graduate?

Now excuse me while I douse myself in gasoline and go play with a bunson burner.
      Ok, I guess that your are allowed to be a provocateur on a thread that you started. So, Cam Burt was a senior last year, and Shane Madolora was a junior, but is now playing in net for the Lost Wages Wranglers in the ECHL. Both are now pushing 26 years old. But, I would be delighted if the the Tigers can soften up the Wolverines in their two games the weekend before we travel to Ann Arbor. How cool would it be for the Wolverines to begin this season 0-3-0!

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
        Ok, I guess that your are allowed to be a provocateur on a thread that you started. So, Cam Burt was a senior last year, and Shane Madolora was a junior, but is now playing in net for the Lost Wages Wranglers in the ECHL. Both are now pushing 26 years old. But, I would be delighted if the the Tigers can soften up the Wolverines in their two games the weekend before we travel to Ann Arbor. How cool would it be for the Wolverines to begin this season 0-3-0!
        Actually, Burt has signed on to play at least one more year for the Ontario Reign of the ECHL. Madolora signed a contract with the Allen Americans of the CHL. He had brief stints on several teams in the ECHL last year, never more than 2 games. His numbers were, sadly, extremely mediocre.
        RIT

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
          Actually, Burt has signed on to play at least one more year for the Ontario Reign of the ECHL. Madolora signed a contract with the Allen Americans of the CHL. He had brief stints on several teams in the ECHL last year, never more than 2 games. His numbers were, sadly, extremely mediocre.
          My biggest thing with madolora was that he never saw a lot of shots. He made 42 saves in 2 OT's in Game 2 last year, and I think he saw 30 shots like 4-6 times last year. Not to stir the pot by any means, but I always found him slightly overrated in that regard. I mean you don't get a sub-2.00 by being a slouch, but he was only a piece of the puzzle. That defense was filthy especially on the smaller rink up there.

Still, he's decidedly better than guys like Meisner. If I were drafting fantasy AHA hockey, I'd probably go Komm first, Noonan second, Madolora third, and Torf fourth. And that's saying something since that's a Mt. Rushmore of talent.

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

Originally posted by Humanoid View Post
            My biggest thing with madolora was that he never saw a lot of shots. He made 42 saves in 2 OT's in Game 2 last year, and I think he saw 30 shots like 4-6 times last year. Not to stir the pot by any means, but I always found him slightly overrated in that regard. I mean you don't get a sub-2.00 by being a slouch, but he was only a piece of the puzzle. That defense was filthy especially on the smaller rink up there.

Still, he's decidedly better than guys like Meisner. If I were drafting fantasy AHA hockey, I'd probably go Komm first, Noonan second, Madolora third, and Torf fourth. And that's saying something since that's a Mt. Rushmore of talent.
            I would reorder that list Torf, Madolora, Noonan, Komm. Even Noonan was not truly excellent until his senior year last year.

And I would say 20-30 shots is pretty average for a hockey game, and that is what Madolora typically faced. We could go back and check the data to see how many shots he really did face but I suspect it was at least an average amount over a season, and obviously his stats were far above average.
            RIT

Comment

My tix for the Harvard game arrived this weekend. I am predicting a big Bentley turnout for this game as it is 1.) close to campus with plenty of transportation options 2.) Bentley Homecoming weekend 3.) Harvard.
              Bentley University Hockey
              On-campus arena: Build it, and they will come...

Comment

Originally posted by schiegs View Post
                My tix for the Harvard game arrived this weekend. I am predicting a big Bentley turnout for this game as it is 1.) close to campus with plenty of transportation options 2.) Bentley Homecoming weekend 3.) Harvard.
                Bentley has in the works a ticket package including transportation, tix, and a tshirt for $14. They however have threatened to pull it if they dont get 200 kids to go...good luck with that. Could you imagine 200 falcons nesters invading Harvard though?

Comment

Originally posted by FalconsNest View Post
                  Bentley has in the works a ticket package including transportation, tix, and a tshirt for $14. They however have threatened to pull it if they dont get 200 kids to go...good luck with that. Could you imagine 200 falcons nesters invading Harvard though?
                  If you build it, they will come. It's a night out starting at Harvard. The bus should stay near there all night so the students can go out and get obliterated before and after.

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

Pre-season Atlantic Hockey coaches poll places Bentley in a tie with RIT for fourth place. But, remember, at the end of last season only 3 points separated first from sixth.

Comment

The first two team capsules and predictions are now posted!

We say:

Sacred HEart 11th:

http://excalibursportspage.com/2012/...-sacred-heart/

Army 12th:
                      http://excalibursportspage.com/2012/...sules-12-army/
                      Win today and we'll walk together forever. -Ray Shero

Comment

Pre-season Atlantic Hockey coaches poll places Bentley in a tie with RIT for fourth place. But, remember, at the end of last season only 3 points separated first from sixth.
                        They were also listed as the top recruiting class by college hockey news!

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

10th place team from our standpoint is AIC. http://excalibursportspage.com/2012/...psules-10-aic/

Hopefully I can keep whetting your appetite with preseason hockey coverage. Thanks for all the posters on here! I've been keeping an eye for good analysis and have tried to give you guys some love when I can!

We are just under 3 weeks to opening day. Two things:

1) Whos going to the game, and are you guys planning to get buck wild for it? (I sure hope so)

2) I'm working on another Bentley mailbag based off questions from Twitter and email. If you have submissions, I say go for it here or email me.
                          Win today and we'll walk together forever. -Ray Shero

Comment

Originally posted by eXcSports View Post
                            10th place team from our standpoint is AIC. http://excalibursportspage.com/2012/...psules-10-aic/

Hopefully I can keep whetting your appetite with preseason hockey coverage. Thanks for all the posters on here! I've been keeping an eye for good analysis and have tried to give you guys some love when I can!

We are just under 3 weeks to opening day. Two things:

1) Whos going to the game, and are you guys planning to get buck wild for it? (I sure hope so)

2) I'm working on another Bentley mailbag based off questions from Twitter and email. If you have submissions, I say go for it here or email me.
                            I should be there, unless work gets in the way, in which case my first visit to the JAR this season will be for the Alabama-Huntsville game.

Comment

I should be there, unless work gets in the way, in which case my first visit to the JAR this season will be for the Alabama-Huntsville game.
                              Could always cancel class and tell your students they get extra credit if they go?

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

Brandon Komm listed as #9 on USCHO's "Top Ten Goalies to Watch". Not sure what that means, but there's no such thing as bad publicity.
                                Bentley University Hockey
                                On-campus arena: Build it, and they will come...

Comment

Working...
                                X