Bentley Hockey 2012-2013: The New Era of JAR Pride Begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bentley Hockey 2012-2013: The New Era of JAR Pride Begins

More Bentley hockeyness from the offseason. Defense is going to be under the microscope it looks like:

http://excalibursportspage.com/2012/...ing-offseason/
    Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

Originally posted by Humanoid View Post
      More Bentley hockeyness from the offseason. Defense is going to be under the microscope it looks like:

Hey, they stole their title "We Don’t Need No Stinking Offseason" from our thread!

Comment

Going to need more than a microscope if there are no dman recruited the article fails to mention any coming in.

Comment

Originally posted by brookie View Post
          Going to need more than a microscope if there are no dman recruited the article fails to mention any coming in.
          The dmen returning are:
          Marginsky-Ledford
          Maher-Weinstein

Kyle O'Brien is coming in from Cushing Academy, and with the abundance of forwards, I wouldn't doubt that Soderquist would take his defensive-minded forward and convert him to defenseman like they did with Kayfes. Meads could be bound for the blue-line, along with possibly Fitzstephens or Rickord?

The Falcons are going to have solid, solid offensive lines, especially the top 6. someone whose the odd man out will need to convert.

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

The dmen returning are:
            Marginsky-Ledford
            Maher-Weinstein

Kyle O'Brien is coming in from Cushing Academy, and with the abundance of forwards, I wouldn't doubt that Soderquist would take his defensive-minded forward and convert him to defenseman like they did with Kayfes. Meads could be bound for the blue-line, along with possibly Fitzstephens or Rickord?

The Falcons are going to have solid, solid offensive lines, especially the top 6. someone whose the odd man out will need to convert.
            Mike Reardon is the other defenseman coming in. I assume he'll play the 3rd D-pairing with Kyle O'Brien, and Bentley will NEED to recruit defense this season. An injury would be a disaster.

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

Bentley graduation was today. Aaron Stonacek, from Basehor, Kansas, graduated summa cum laude (>3.8 GPA) in mathematical sciences, to go along with his three short-handed goals during his senior year. So, I will be interested to see who replaces him and Jamie Nudy on the front end of the PK.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                Bentley graduation was today. Aaron Stonacek, from Basehor, Kansas, graduated summa cum laude (>3.8 GPA) in mathematical sciences, to go along with his three short-handed goals during his senior year. So, I will be interested to see who replaces him and Jamie Nudy on the front end of the PK.
                The true success measuring stick is the fact that Bentley graduates almost all of their players, and Stonacek is a living testament with an outstanding GPA in a brutally hard major.

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

Coming up on the 4 month mark until the season begins!

There's been many rumblings about what'll happen next if/when UConn gets accepted into Hockey East. Everyone is speculating as to who the 12th team will be too. Anyone have any ideas who might look to join/elevate/create a program?

Logically I think maybe Syracuse/Navy to test the waters of having a D1 men's program?

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

Coming up on the 4 month mark until the season begins!

There's been many rumblings about what'll happen next if/when UConn gets accepted into Hockey East. Everyone is speculating as to who the 12th team will be too. Anyone have any ideas who might look to join/elevate/create a program?

Logically I think maybe Syracuse/Navy to test the waters of having a D1 men's program?
                    As some have noted on the Future of Atlantic Hockey thread, Navy would make a lot of sense, with Army and Air Force already members. Navy would mean a longer road trip than UConn for us in the eastern pod obviously, but that difference could be partially mitigated with two-game weekends at each school. As much as I would like for some league to save Alabama-Huntsville and I am looking foward to their visit this year, AHA eastern pod schools cannot afford the travel to Huntsville. We need a rink on campus first. Syracuse may prefer the BIG or ECAC if given the opportunity.

Comment

The true success measuring stick is the fact that Bentley graduates almost all of their players, and Stonacek is a living testament with an outstanding GPA in a brutally hard major.
                      It wasn't that bad, haha.

Joking aside, really great job by Stonacek (and all the other graduating players who weren't one of the few, the proud, the Mathletes).

Comment

Decent piece on why the AHA shouldn't go after Alabama. Not the best I've read, and I don't agree with everything it says in there, but overall it makes sense regarding the monies of the poorer NCAA team.s

http://excalibursportspage.com/2012/06/11/why-us/

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

Here's a stat that jumped off the page for me today. I couldn't find +/- data on Reardon or O'Brien but Blomquist was a -16 last year and was under zero for 2 of his 3 years in junior hockey. I don't know if that's the norm, but that's an area for concern for me.

I definitely see a forward jumping back to the blue line this year.

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

Not that I'm bitter but I hope UConn gets smashed for leaving the AHA. The Huskies don't realize that they're about to go from a middle-of-the-road Atlantic team to getting battered by BC, BU, MC, and co. I'm not impressed by this move, and I'm really despondent that they would make a move motivated by money.

Then again, UConn is the same school that begged out of the Big East for the ACC, only to be blocked by BC. The politics are becoming too big.

It's going to be fun when they come to town this year.

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

Bentley produced the highest score that wasn't perfect in the APR scores for men's ice hockey. They scored 997 out of a perfect 1,000 - tied with Clarkson, Colgate, and Maine. The only schools scoring higher were the 7 perfect 1,000 scores.

Next highest Atlantic Hockey school was HC with 996, AFA and RIT with 991, Canisius with 986, AIC with 984, UConn with 981, RMU with 980, SHU with 979, ARmy at 976, Mercyhurst with 973, and Niagara with 958 (4th lowest score in nation)

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

Bentley produced the highest score that wasn't perfect in the APR scores for men's ice hockey. They scored 997 out of a perfect 1,000 - tied with Clarkson, Colgate, and Maine. The only schools scoring higher were the 7 perfect 1,000 scores.

Next highest Atlantic Hockey school was HC with 996, AFA and RIT with 991, Canisius with 986, AIC with 984, UConn with 981, RMU with 980, SHU with 979, ARmy at 976, Mercyhurst with 973, and Niagara with 958 (4th lowest score in nation)
                                Why did we not have a perfect APR score, like my alma mater, UNH?
                                Last edited by Snively65; 06-25-2012, 03:13 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Working...
                                X